NCCI Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NCCI Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.8

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NCCI Holdings in January 2017.

Interview

Around 3 phone calls. They were very nice but the interview questions sort of caught me off guard, which I guess is the point of the interview. They asked me how many exams I had passed, and when I told the truth, it hurt me in the long run.

ASSIGNED RISK Applications PROCESSOR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCCI Holdings.

Interview

Did a phone interview first, then an in person interview. The first hour of the in person interview was an assessment that tested reading comp, math, analytical skills, etc. The second part was a panel style interview with 3 managers of teams. Everyone was really nice and professional and the interview questions were situational but not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker?   Answer Question

State Relations Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NCCI Holdings in August 2013.

Interview

M.G. - NCCI HR is the most knowledgeable interviewer that I have ever experienced. She might work in HR but she knows the business side of the company. She does her homework on the candidate (she actually reads your resume) and knows your resume as well as you do.

Interview Questions

• She picks a point on your resume at starts her questions. She is very efficient, easy to talk with, and true to her word. The best HR/Interviewer that I have ever experienced. Kudos to NCCI for the caliber of its employees. If all are like M.G. no wonder the CEO is at 80% and they have 4.5 stars.   Answer Question

IT Position (Non Managerial) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NCCI Holdings in April 2013.

Interview

Everything was really formal and well managed since the very beginning.
    Received 2 calls from HR, then a technical call with two members of the team. After that I was called for an in person interview (for which NCCI paid every single dollar). The same day I had a tour with their relocation agent, to see the different areas of Boca Raton for the relocation process.
    After the in person interview, and while at the airport I was call by HR again to continue with the process (background check), the result come back after 1 week absolutely clean as I was expecting and then nothing for 5 weeks. I explained them I had another offer on the table and since there was no reply I finish asking them to withdraw my resume from the position (sad as I really had a great impression about the company).

Interview Questions

• Nothing was really difficult, everything were regular HR questions and technical conversation.   Answer Question

Exchange Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NCCI Holdings in March 2013.

Interview

Couple of initial phone calls with Human Resources, then we jump to an in person interview where they pay for everything (plane, hotel, car, food).
    Pretty easy interview as I have an strong experience on the area. The interview was with the IT Manager and 2 collaborators, there was no challenging questions.

After the interview I was introduce to the hiring manager's boss and then received a tour of the facilities, they makes me feel like I was already hire (that was weird I must say).
    After the interview I went to the airport and they call me to ask me authorization to deep further on my history, request government records etc. Everything move quick and again, I felt already hire, but suddenly things started slowing down and after 1 month of waiting I asked for an status and was told they were still interviewing and then another opportunity appear and I took it. But I waited more than 1 month for any news.
    I would have love to work for NCCI, but the slowness on the hiring process took me on another direction.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCCI Holdings (Boca Raton, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

I had a one-on-one interview with a technical lead that required working knowledge of various software tools and development. The environment of the interview was pleasant and you should have done your research on the organization and have a working knowledge of the software tools they are looking for.

Compliance Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NCCI Holdings (Boca Raton, FL) in December 2010.

Interview

Hiring Manager was very nice in interview with similar experience and goals. I was not told staff was composed of non-accountants and auditors but customer service.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Legal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCCI Holdings in October 2009.

Interview

Was contacted to set up a time to interview by phone. During phone interview, was asked about my resume and experience. The next day, I received a call to come in and interview in person the following week. The day consisted of 5 interviews, each about a half hour. First, with an HR rep, where I was asked the typical HR questions - ie. "What would you do if...." Then I met with three people in the department I was interviewing for, where it was more conversational in nature and related to my actual experience. Then I finished with an HR director who asked more about "what is your great strength", etc.

I was contacted within a week, and was told they would like to make me an offer but they first have to conduct a background check and check my references, etc. I didn't hear back again for about 3 weeks but was then offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to deal with a difficult personality in your workplace and how you dealt with that?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time where you "thought outside the box" in the workplace.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The person in HR was very pushy. They called with an offer and wanted an immediate answer. I told them I had another offer pending and she wanted to know details. This was on a Thursday, and I asked if I could have the weekend to decide and she didn't want to wait, but she did. I ended up accepting their intial offer because it was a competitive salary and benefits.