NCI Building Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NCI Building Systems Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.4

Environmental Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NCI Building Systems in June 2016.

Interview

Initially contacted by HR for initial screening. Then referred on to hiring manager for three interviews: one with hiring manager, another for a plant tour and a final interview with plant operations/HR. Told at the last meeting I would receive an offer and I would need to respond by the time the hiring manager left for vacation (10 days). Had a followup phone call from HR confirming an offer was coming. One week later, received an email saying that the hiring manager's supervisor would not approve the offer. Spent approximately 6 weeks from application submittal until that final email. Very laborious and not all the decision makers were part of the interview

Interview Questions

• You've worked for large companies, how would you access resources that are more limited?   Answer Question

Builder Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NCI Building Systems (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

1st Interview - I met in a conference room with several of the Team Leaders. They each asked questions about my experience in my resume. The employees also asked questions on how I would handle certain situations.

2nd Interview - I met with the General Manager of the company as well as the Human Resource Manager and my soon to be boss. The interview was more in depth on the company and its products. The interview was very laid back.

Certified Welder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atwater, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCI Building Systems (Atwater, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

The welding supervisor ask question regarding the certified welder position. You take a personality test and general knowledge test on manufacturing and safety. You receive a tour of the plant and what its the general process of making buildings in their plant.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work long hours, because we work 40+ shift and even Saturdays sometimes?   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monticello, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCI Building Systems (Monticello, IA) in September 2014.

Interview

I filled out a online application and was taken right to their test area. Was told if I passed to not to leave the building. Evidently they have problems with people passing. I started the test around 11 am passed it and headed right into the interview. Interviewer was polite and asked primarly questions on my resume. We then took a tour that lasted until about 3:40pm. He said he was thrilled to have talked to me and it was sheer enjoyment. I applied for welding because thats all they had but at the end he told me he would rather I be a supervisor. He listened and paid attention to the knowledge I have. Great interviewer.

Interview Questions

• None. There were no trick questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Havent gotten that far yet. Hopefully it will be blessed.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nicholasville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCI Building Systems (Nicholasville, KY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied via on line source. Was called in for an interview within 3 days. General Manager wanted to interview me for Sales Manager position. He thought I would better fit for the Territory Manager position and I agreed. Interview lasted about one hour. Prior to leaving I was given a brief tour of the plant. Interview went very well, at least I thought. Checked back in with General Manager one week later. He indicated they were in budget meetings and a decision would be reach in three to four weeks and I was still very much in consideration for position. Checked back again via email and phone and General Manger was not responding to my calls or emails. Very poor professionalism not to contact me back after being brought in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very difficult. Explain my knowledge of company and materials.   Answer Question

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monticello, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NCI Building Systems (Monticello, IA) in September 2013.

Interview

Just when you think it is over, they add another layer.

Interview Questions

• 80% of my time was spent with 4 different HR staff that had no to limited knowledge of plant operations.   Answer Question

Kept adding "just one more thing until we get to an offer..."
    After three months and NCI moving the goal line three times, I took an offer from another firm that made a decision from start to welcome aboard in three weeks.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NCI Building Systems (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

It first started with a phone interview, and then they did a panel/group interview, rotating different managers in, and out to hit you with questions. the questions weren't overly complicated or challenging.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle complex issues, with someone who is clearly upset, and being a bit unreasonable?   1 Answer

Payroll Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NCI Building Systems (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Recruiter calls, set interview with hiring manager, makes you wait someone calls with offer, either accept of expect more waiting. If accepted run background, drugscreen then date with HR for Orientation (about 2 hours) to go over full Employee manual

Machine Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NCI Building Systems in March 2012.

Interview

I did my first interview with the HR administrator. She asked basic and general questions about my work history and some simple interview questions. After her, I came in and spoke with the supervisor of the department the job was posted for. He asked general interview questions...nothing out of the ordinary. I was given a plant tour and a simple breakdown of the process and product they made. Overall, I felt that it went fairly well and I was offered the job within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Of your previous jobs, which did you enjoy working the most and why?   1 Answer