Blurred employer

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

NOV Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 352 of over 352 interviews

Campus Recruiting15%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

NOV

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NOV (Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, East of England, England)

Interview

I applied for the job and subsequently got invited for an interview at Great Yarmouth. The interview panel was 5 or 6 people who all engaged in the interview with their own questions.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked about my current job responsibilities and why I wanted to move jobs. My reason for declining was due to non negotiable and job contract terms and conditions. They wanted me to accept the job before seeing the contract and terms and conditions. After I persuaded them to provide this crucial information, there were some surprising aspects.. for instance NOV being able to change the job title and job location at will.
    Answer Question

Anyone work at NOV?

2 comments

Analyst 1

No, but are they hiring by any chance???

View 1 more reply
Where is this from?

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at NOV (Houston, TX)

Interview

Interview was smooth and consisted of typical interview questions about yourself. It is important to be knowledgeable about the work you are looking for and what you would like to accomplish while working with NOV.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Park, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NOV (Cedar Park, TX) in Aug 2023

Interview

The process started with QA screener questions with a 'take home' assignment. The questions were simple and one of the question options that was supposed to be correct was actually wrong which I pointed out. Round 1 was at 8am because I had to get online with employees from India. I was given technical QA questions which were in my opinion very easy. Round 2 was at 8am but the people from India never joined the call (no-show). I met with whom I assume was the hiring manager and another very straight-faced person. We had a lively conversation since we were both local to each other and I thought we had a good time talking. I was surprised to see a rejection regrading the position but even more surprised to hear the reason. The feedback I received was that "I had too much personality for a team full of introverts'. This was a disappointing process to say the least. I am very qualified for the position and have a great amount of technical automation skill. It would have been pretty easy to say I was overqualified if it was the case. Thank goodness I didn't go work here where I am sure I would have been discriminated against. I advise staying away from this company altogether. If you have low skills and don't mind keeping your mouth shut or intimidating someone with an actual personality then this just might be the place for you.

Interview Questions
  • An incorrect regex question I was also asked to write 'scenarios' (not tests). I wrote the tests anyways assuming that they just lacked a QA vocabulary. Pretty lame.

NOV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NOV in Aug 2023

Interview

Walked in and basically asked for the guy I was supposed to interview with. Spoke in depth about what my experience was and what would be expected of me in the job position.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about experience with cranes and proper safety guidelines.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NOV (Provo, UT) in Jul 2023

Interview

The recruiter was very helpful and gave great tips for interviewing. Additionally, she was very responsive and quick to schedule a phone interview. She was very nice and made me feel comfortable and helped me feel prepared for my next interview.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have experience designing circuit boards? Do you have experience with Abacus FEA?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NOV (Cape Town) in Jul 2023

Interview

The interview process has only one interview before being selected. The interview contains normal questions about yourself and your background relating to schooling and any experience you may have. There were multiple questions on, how do you handle with multiple tasks, how do you handle difficult colleagues, etc.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Kristiansand

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NOV (Kristiansand)

Interview

Interview Process: Easy, Cosy, Constructive At Sandvik Coromant, we aim to create an interview process that is easy, cosy, and constructive for both the candidates and the interviewers. Here's an outline of the interview process based on these principles: Pre-interview Communication: Prompt and clear communication: We ensure that candidates receive timely and transparent information about the interview process, including the date, time, and location (if in-person) or video call details (if remote). Friendly and welcoming tone: Our communication maintains a warm and approachable tone to make candidates feel comfortable and at ease. Initial Screening: Simple and straightforward: The initial screening stage is designed to be easy and efficient for candidates. It typically involves a brief conversation or online assessment to assess basic qualifications and fit for the role. Personal touch: We strive to create a cosy atmosphere during the screening by maintaining a friendly and conversational approach. In-depth Interview: Structured yet relaxed: The main interview stage is conducted in a cosy and informal manner to help candidates feel at ease. We structure the interview to cover relevant job-related topics while allowing for a natural flow of conversation. Engaging and interactive: We encourage candidates to actively participate by sharing their experiences, skills, and aspirations. This interactive approach fosters a constructive discussion that helps us assess the candidate's capabilities and cultural fit. Skill and Knowledge Assessment: Practical exercises: Depending on the role, we may include hands-on exercises or case studies to assess the candidate's skills and problem-solving abilities. These exercises are designed to be manageable and provide a constructive opportunity for candidates to showcase their abilities. Cultural Fit Assessment: Open and honest dialogue: We place importance on assessing a candidate's alignment with Sandvik Coromant's values and culture. We engage in open and honest conversations to understand the candidate's work ethics, teamwork capabilities, and alignment with our mission and vision. Mutual expectations: We provide candidates with insights into our company culture, values, and expectations. This helps candidates assess if Sandvik Coromant is the right fit for their professional aspirations. Candidate's Questions and Feedback: Two-way communication: We dedicate time for candidates to ask questions and clarify any doubts they may have about the role, the company, or the interview process. This ensures that candidates have a constructive understanding of Sandvik Coromant. Feedback provision: After the interview, we provide constructive feedback to candidates, regardless of the outcome. This helps candidates understand their strengths and areas for improvement. Please note that the specific details and stages of the interview process may vary based on the position being recruited for, organizational requirements, and local regulations. The aim is to create an interview experience that is easy to navigate, comfortable for candidates, and promotes constructive evaluation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NOV (San Antonio, TX) in Jun 2023

Interview

Took a technical test to start the interview. The interview itself was very conversational and less behavioral questions. I was mostly asked questions about my previous experiences. The interview finished off with a tour of the facilities.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NOV

Application

I interviewed at NOV

Interview

Company invited me for interview in December, they said that I will get response before christmas and half year later they still have my application at "in interview phase" status

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stavanger

Application

I interviewed at NOV (Stavanger)

Interview

Usual interviewing. Simple questions. Questions about Software Technologies. Questions about Previous employment. Questions about Hobbies. Interviewing is done by 2 people, both Norwegian. The questions were easy to answer. but I was rejected.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 352 Interviews

NOV Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at NOV as 75% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.56 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Front End Web Developer and Production Coordinator rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Corporate Recruiter and Clerk roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at NOV takes an average of 20.74 days when considering 308 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Lead had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Senior Mechanical Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 120 days).

Common stages of the interview process at NOV according to 308 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 23.78%