NOVA Chemicals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NOVA Chemicals

3.2

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moon Township, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals (Moon Township, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online in July 2017. I had a 10 minute phone screening with Human Resources about 2 weeks after the job closed out. The next week I had a more formal phone interview with the Leader and another employee on the team at the Moon Township location. I was asked behavior questions. The next day I was invited by HR to come in for a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interview was with 3 people, a recruiter, the Leader of the team, and the employee that I spoke with on the phone. Everyone was very friendly and made me feel relaxed. They took turns asking questions. I was mostly asked behavioral questions again. My best advice is to look up top behavioral questions and think about scenarios that you can answer those questions. The more prepared you are to link a problem to how you handled it and brought about a solution, the better. The more scenarios you can prepare the easier the interview will be. They liked that I was prepared to know the basics of what it happening and the history of NOVA. That afternoon I got the call that they wanted me! After receiving the offer, I had to have an employment physical and drug screen. I also went to StaffMark to take a Microsoft Office proficiency test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle many tasks at once.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monaca, PA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals (Monaca, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview started with a 1:1 phone interview which lasted approximately 20 mins. The hiring manager asked questions in regards to previous positions. She asked for details of past accomplishments, overcoming obstacles in the workplace. After the phone interview, I was contacted again by the hiring manager for an in person interview. I was told this would last approximately 1 - 2 hours. This interview was conducted in front of 2 four person panels. Each group asked similar questions, such as what was you biggest accomplishment/failure, if I've ever made a mistake & if so, how did I correct it, normal interview questions. Everyone seemed very nice & it seemed like a great place to work. I did not receive a call back, just an email stating that they decided to hire one of the other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever made a mistake at work, if so, how did you correct it?   Answer Question

Leader Position Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals.

Interview

disorganized and time consuming. don't waste your time and effort especially if you are working. had 6 interviews with several different people. great companies don't put candidates through this kind of interview process.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had a conflict with a coworker   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals in January 2018.

Interview

Nova Chemical’s interview process was a very good experience. They asked a lot of question about how I handled situations in the past. In any interview process giving as many details is always key.

Lab Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals.

Interview

They will offer you one interview. I was interviewed by 3 people, one of them was the manager, the other was the coordinator and the other was a regular lab technologist. They have a set of questions that they ask you, half of them are team questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you will be a good fit for Nova Chemicals and what skill set that you have that no one else in our team has.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals.

Interview

Before entering the laboratory, completed a short video quiz on safety
    Short interview with 3 people and had a tour around the facility after completing the interview.
    Interview consisted of mostly behavioural questions with few technical questions.

Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarnia, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals (Sarnia, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview for this co-op position. It was mostly behavioural based questions, and general questions about why I wanted to work for Nova. The interviewer was interested in specific examples in which I demonstrated leadership and communication skills, an example of an effective relationship, a problem solving/decision making question, a results oriented example, a safety example, when I have applied technical knowledge, and what I forsee as my biggest challenge in this co-op.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with member of team, then on site interview

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about site operations and how to tweak process to alter downstream properties. The questions were more geared towards someone with experience in the industry although the position welcomed new graduates.   Answer Question

Process Control Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Red Deer, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals (Red Deer, AB (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

The whole interview process is really friendly. There is no tricky question, and most of them are behaviour questions. My cut is to prepare as many successful achievements as possible.

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NOVA Chemicals (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I got this interview on fairly short notice. It was done over skype with two engineers. Started with questions like what I knew about the company and why I applied for this job. Then there was behavioral questions where they asked what I did when something happened or what I would do in a given scenario. Then they gave me time to ask questions. There were no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time you noticed someone doing something unsafe?   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply for this job?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to communicate effectively with another team.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you were unable to deliver in a group setting.   Answer Question