NPR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at NPR (New York, NY).

Interview

Shortly after I applied for the job I was contacted by one of the executive producers who asked me to submit some show ideas. I submitted the ideas and reached out to the interviewer after not hearing back from her for over two weeks. I would have to agree with another reviewer that the NPR phone interview was pretty combative. I felt like she was trying to talk me out of the job. To add to the weirdness, at one point she tried to engage me in a racial debate about diversity in Boston. At the end of the phone interview, she asked me to submit additional ideas without providing a deadline or any indication on whether I would receive a follow-up interview. After 8 weeks of getting the runaround, I decided to not to pursue this position any further.

Law Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NPR in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with six of the attorneys from the Office of General Counsel. It was an hour long call with questions from all the attorneys. This was a single interview process and I had to wait about three weeks to find out whether I got the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the largest company I had done legal work for prior to applying to NPR?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at NPR (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

Got a phone interview first, then was scheduled to go to the office to do face to face interview.
    1-2 weeks later went to the office and met the hiring manager and people from different teams.
    Got a tiny test from the hiring manager, and chatted about my background and qualifications with all other interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Got tests with 3 questions from the hiring manager, a SQL, a data interpretation question   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NPR.

Interview

As a previous review stated, it sounded like they had already made their choice and, rather than asking me questions, informed me why I wasn't what they were looking for at the time.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NPR in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online with resume and cover letter, then received an email about four weeks later asking for reference contacts, then received a request to schedule a phone interview for the following week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NPR (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, was emailed about a week after the deadline with a writing assignment to complete within a few days. A few days after I submitted that, I got an email to set up a Skype interview. The interview was a little less than an hour long, with no unexpected questions or surprises.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job, when have you been challenged, when have you succeeded, etc.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NPR.

Interview

I applied fall of 2016 for an NPR internship. I got a first interview less than 2 weeks after I submitted my application, with a second and final interview scheduled the following week. It really depends on the specific program you apply for, but for my second interview it was scheduled for only 15 minutes.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NPR in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted about two weeks after I applied. I did a short (~20 minute) phone interview with my now supervisor that same afternoon. I was offered the job about a week later.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your background will impact your perspective in this position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NPR in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Got an email a week later for an interview. Interviewed about a week after that. Got an email about a week after the interview offering me the job

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at NPR and at this program specifically?   Answer Question
    • What would your biggest fan say about you? Your biggest critic?   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite episode of this podcast? Why? What's your least favorite episode of this podcast and how would you have made it better?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NPR (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, 5 weeksish later they told me I was a finalist and we arranged a time to video-chat; went smoothly and low-pressure; they did check references. Heard back a few days later. Overall, no huge pressure.