National Aquarium Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at National Aquarium

2.4

Information Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Aquarium (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Not worth it and not technical at all. CTO was a total jerk during the process.

Guest Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Aquarium (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Group interview with 1 manager and 1 lead, they will ask questions and expect you to bounce off ideas with the others in your group looking for your team work abilities as well as your ability to come up with your own thoughts to contribute

Interview Questions

• Safety, how to deal with angry customers, employee interactions, false information, explaining policies   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Aquarium.

Interview

I first had a phone screen with recruiter followed by an interview with leaders and peers from my department. It was a pretty typical interview process. From the time I applied to the interview was roughly two and a half weeks.

Sales Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Aquarium (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I had applied for the summer hiring position & heard back shortly after applying. They brought me into the aquarium & I met with one of the managers. It was a very relaxed interview - asking about my experience with cameras & when I was available. I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Aquarist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Aquarium.

Interview

I was applying from across the country, so all interviews were over the phone. An offer was extended without an in person interview. This led to some unrealistic expectations on both sides.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions were asked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Exhibition Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Aquarium (Baltimore, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

interviewed with the director, which took about 1 hour. It was a nice chat. Talked about background, experience, what contribution I may make to the team, what the current task etc.

Guest Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at National Aquarium.

Interview

Applied online. Two weeks later, I received email asking to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was one week after the initial email. A week after the phone interview I was invited for an in person interview, which was scheduled 2 weeks later. I also has to fill out a personality test a few days after the in person interview was scheduled. A week after my interview, I received a rejection email. In total, about 6 weeks from application to rejection.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about my experiences and knowledge about conservation.   Answer Question

Visitor Program Interpretive Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Aquarium in January 2015.

Interview

It was a three hour long group interview (20 candidates in total for 4 openings) with about 5 staff members at any given time. It all felt very rushed and super competitive. It was hard to get noticed despite experience and a masters degree in biology education. Lots of group presentations and role playing activities. At the end of it I was completely drained.

Interview Questions

• What experiences do you have that makes you a unique candidate?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a visitor who wants to have a particular experience that we don't offer? (Role-playing)   Answer Question

Herpetology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Aquarium (Baltimore, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

I chose online the specific intern positions I was interested in. I only heard back from the herpetology department, although I also applied to the animal care unit. The interview was just a casual fifteen to twenty minutes on the phone. I believe I may have also had to answer a few questions for the online application, as well as get approval from my university to earn credit. This was for an internship experience, though, not for a full-time paid job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Aquarium.

Interview

Applied online. Scheduled a phone screen and I spoke on the phone with the hiring manager for about an hour. I had a one on one interview and then toured the facility and behind the scenes which was really cool.