National CineMedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National CineMedia Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National CineMedia.

Interview

Recruiter, then onsite interview. The onsite interview was one of the better interviews I have attended. They asked intelligent questions regarding my experience, and about modelling data using OOP. The manager was quick to decide on offering me a job.

Interview Questions

• Just make sure you understand OOP and how to use interfaces.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at National CineMedia (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted by internal recruiter based on my LinkedIn profile. Asked to complete a survey so they coul schedule an interview. The first question of the online survey / personality test asked for the applicant's age.

Interview Questions

National CineMedia Response

Mar 17, 2017 – Generalist

NCM uses an personality-based assessment tool called The Predictive Index, administered directly by that company (www.predictiveindex.com), which helps us determine if a particular candidate would be... More

Regional Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National CineMedia (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Friendly, informative, fast.
    I really liked the people I met that worked for NCM. Could feel that they were a strong team and company. I got the sense that NCM values their employees and seemed like there was career advancement opportunities.

Senior IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National CineMedia in November 2015.

Interview

First were the usual phone screens with HR, the hiring manager, etc. The hiring manager / head of the PMO was a few minutes late to call, and immediately seemed rushed. It was pretty obvious that he had a bunch of phone screens to churn out, and wanted to get through them as quickly as possible.

I was then brought in for a panel interview with the hiring manager, other PM's, etc. About 5 total people were in the room. All but 1 looked unhappy in general, and most quietly looked at their phones / laptops as others talked. The hiring manager interrupted them several times, often repeating or changing their interview questions. It was clear that this guy thought very highly of himself, and that the team felt trampled on.

Awkwardly, he brought each of the interviewers out of the room individually to get their feedback - in the middle of the interview. I was then asked to lunch with the manager alone. Once we got to lunch, the manager pulls out a portfolio of questions and Agile charts in a very crowded fast food restaurant. Asking all sorts of detailed "what would you do in this case" questions is fine in an office interview, but downright odd when you can barely hear someone in the middle of a noisy lunch crowd. He then went on and on about leadership and how he had a military background.

On the drive home, the manager asked me out of the blue if I was open to criticism. I said "sure, no problem." He then told me that my interview answers were way too long-winded, and that I wouldn't be successful in the field... but then said he would mentor me. What?! Was this some sort of weird power play that he read in a book? I have been "in the field" for a decade and a half and have been very successful, thank you! Is it terrible to try and have a discussion with a potential manager beyond a canned 30-second answer? A few times, he literally said, "in 30 seconds, explain XYZ." This is a full-time Senior PM role, not an entry-level help desk job.

We get back to the office and he offers the job to me on the spot....in his car. The offer is $10K below market for the position, and he makes it clear that he isn't going to go any higher. He then pitched that their movie pass benefit was "awesome!" and made up for their low salaries and mediocre benefits.

No thanks.

In the rush to find worthy candidates, this guy clearly forgot that the interview process is a two-way street.

Interview Questions

• Several times, the manager asked "timed" questions. "In 30 seconds, explain ....." This is a full-time Senior PM role, not an entry-level help desk job.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National CineMedia (Denver, CO).

Interview

Phone interview first followed by two in person interviews. If you impress on the phone interview then they will invite you in for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about challenges and successes of previous jobs. How good you are at computer programs and overall computer functionality.   Answer Question

National Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National CineMedia (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then received a phone call to set up an interview a week later. Met with the hiring manager and the vice president of research. The interview lasted for an hour and I heard back 4 days later. The interview was informative about the company and the role. The interviewers were very well spoken and intelligent and friendly. I enjoyed speaking with them and also discussing the merits of research.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with Nielsen data?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National CineMedia (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was very simple. I sent my resume to the directors of the internship program then I spoke on the phone with one for a length, then spoke on the phone with the other on a different occasion

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my resume, what ncm does, and about any sales and marketing experience. Was mostly just a conversation about NCM and the person who interviewed me. Make sure to have your own questions beforehand.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they sent me a contract and I agreed to it. It was their terms or no terms

Contract/Temporary Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at National CineMedia (Denver, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Interesting opportunity, expected a normal interview process. He left the door for me to respond with "Let me know what you think." Followed up via email, phone and then never heard back.

Interview Questions

• No real questions asked.The hiring VP did nearly all the talking about the position/project. It was a little odd.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National CineMedia (Denver, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

Very thorough recruiter. Applied early 2015 and she was very professional, knowledgeable about the company and the position. Hiring manager was ok, wasn't as passionate about the company as the recruiter.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National CineMedia.

Interview

I had a total of three interviews. Initially, I applied a few months back and heard nothing but then two months later I received an email stating the position had been reopened and they held onto my resume and wanted to set up an interview. All three interviewers I felt were very respectable and open with me and about the questions I had. After the first, I had a second interview the next week. and then after the second, they scheduled the third interview for the NEXT day. A day after the third interview they called me and offered me the job

Interview Questions

• Give me the Job Description to your ideal job position.   Answer Question