National Endowment for Democracy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 27, 2017

2.9

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Endowment for Democracy (Washington, DC) in November 2017.

Interview

1. I had a 15 minute screening interview at a random time with no warning/ prior arrangement
    2. I went to DC to do a group interview with the HR officer and the staff that I would work for.

Both interviewers were nice and kind. They showed genuine interest and a lot of respect for me as a candidate.

The only downside: the office asked me to send them my travel receipts and records because they had promised to pay for my travel expenses. After I did that I never heard back about the travel expenses. It is unprofessional and lousy - If the office could not cover expenses, then they should not offer to do so, and then go back on their agreement.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my interest/ motivation to work in the organization and position   Answer Question

Assistant Program Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Endowment for Democracy.

Interview

Received an email for in-person interview.
    There were two interviewers and the interview went smoothly. They asked questions but the whole interview seemed to be more casual and conversational. The interviewers were very friendly and the interview lasted about an hour.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Endowment for Democracy.

Interview

Had three Skype interviews and was called in for a fourth, in-person interview. The process was pretty disorganized; instead of speaking once via Skype with the team, I had to interview three separate times with each person before coming in and speaking with all of the same people all over again.

Interview Questions

• What was an important/life-changing experience in your life?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Endowment for Democracy in September 2017.

Interview

Had a pre enterview screening in english and in spanish.
    E-mailed them but never heard back. Same this happened to a friend they just dont respond. During the interview, I was asked to analyze a foreign policy scenario and how I would solve it.
    Had a pre enterview screening in english and in spanish.
    E-mailed them but never heard back. Same thing happened to a friend they dont respond. During the interview, I was asked to analyze a foreign policy scenario and how I would solve it.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Endowment for Democracy in August 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application materials via email after being informed of the position opening by the professor running my University's internship program. I received a follow up email to schedule a phone interview about a week later. I was told I would hear back regarding a decision in about a week, but reached out a little earlier after receiving another offer, but for a position that would have been my second choice.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very focused on assessing my knowledge and interesting of Latin America/Caribbean. Part of interview was conducted in Spanish.   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Endowment for Democracy.

Interview

I was invited to come in for an interview when I received a phone call from NED. I was interviewed by 3 people from the program I applied to. The interview was pretty laid back and the questions were not all that difficult. It was also a chance for me to ask questions about the position.

Grants Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Endowment for Democracy in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted after about 3 weeks for a phone interview. After that, I had a Skype interview with the direct supervisor and the woman who previously held the job, which included a language test. Then I had a third interview with the heads of various departments over Skype. The entire process was never made very clear to me, especially as to when it would end. They made it sound like if they asked me to come to DC I would be offered the job, but then I was invited for a "second interview" with the department managers at their office, with no end to the hiring process in sight. I ended up declining the interview offer and accepted a job with another organization. Overall an okay experience, but disorganized and somewhat unprofessional.

Assistant Program Officer for West Africa Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Endowment for Democracy (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people. They are both clearly experienced and good at what they do. However, one of them was very unprofessional and seemed like he was trying to prove why he was there. He was unprepared for the interview, kept asking the questions asked while he was navigating his cellphone and doesn't listen to the interviewee. Their questions were all over the place and very unprofessional. Not a good team for interviews.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Endowment for Democracy (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

After I submitted an application online, I was contacted to submit a writing test. After the writing test I was contacted regarding a 15-20 minute phone interview. Phone screening interview was very informal, more like a conversation about what interests me and why I applied and what kind of work I want to do. I was told they are more interested in candidates with masters degree for this position but that they would keep me in mind. I think it helped that I know someone who has done this job who referred me.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position and how does it fit into your future goals?   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Endowment for Democracy (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

I went to two interviews. The people there were very nice and outgoing. The interviews had 3 people and they all asked about 3 or 4 questions but the question were nothing to worry about.