National Fuel Gas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at National Fuel Gas

2.5

Engineering Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Fuel Gas (Buffalo, NY) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process began at my university's career fair, where I spoke to a recruiter from National Fuel. We hit it off and she took a copy of my resume. I received an email requesting I schedule a 30-minute in-person on-campus interview with the same recruiter, which I scheduled for the following week.

At the in-person campus interview, it was mainly HR type stuff, asking about my experiences listed on my resume, why I wanted to work for National Fuel etc., it went very well. I was then told that I would be receiving notification whether they were moving forward or not within a week, which I did.

The next step was a 30-minute phone interview with a senior HR representative from the company, with a similar theme to the in-person interview. The questions were similar and the phone interview also went very well, and I was asked to schedule a 2 hour in-person interview at the HQ office in Williamsville, NY.

After a struggle in finding a time where both the interviewers and myself were available, we settled on a date and time. I arrived at the office and checked in and received a visitor badge. At this point, the recruiter who I initially spoke with at the career fair met me and took me to a conference room. The senior HR representative stopped by to introduce herself as well. At this point, they apologized and told me they were trying to get the engineering supervisors in to conduct the first interview, but they were busy with something else.

After around 30 minutes in the conference room by myself, the two engineering supervisors came in and had an hour long interview, mostly highlighting the experience on my resume. It went well, and I moved on to the next interview with two of the operations supervisors.

The operations interview was also an hour long and went great. Following the interview, the recruiter thanked me for my time and told me I should hear back within a week; if not, just email her. After more than two weeks, I still hadn't heard anything back so I emailed the recruiter to check in, and received no response. 10 days after that (almost a month after the interview), I emailed her again to check in, again to no avail. I have not heard back from them to this day.

Overall, I interacted with the company at the career fair for ~15 minutes, had a 30-minute on-campus interview, a 30-minute phone interview, and a 2.5 hr on-site interview, sent two follow-up emails, and have been completely ghosted by the company. I find this completely unprofessional and unacceptable; unfortunately that does not help much.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with someone you supervise that has much more experience than you and is acting stubbornly, such as an operator in the field?   1 Answer
    • Do you usually take up leadership roles in projects and teams?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for National Fuel?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Fuel Gas (Buffalo, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with HR and they asked pretty typical interview questions. Then a week or so later I came into the office to interview with the managers of my department who went over my resume and asked a few other questions about my personal work style.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at National Fuel, why do you think you would be a good fit here?   Answer Question

Construction Project Manager Interview

Interview

Quick, asked behavioral questions and was applied through handshake. Never got back to me after they said they would get back to me in a week. Interview was very simple.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Fuel Gas (Williamsville, NY).

Interview

Received a call from HR about a week after submitting my resume. Had a phone interview the next day. They set up an in person interview about 2 weeks after that.

The interview was with 3 men and a woman from HR. It was very brief. I was asked to fill out an application immediately after speaking with them. I was offered the job about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an upset customer?   1 Answer

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Fuel Gas (Erie, PA).

Interview

Was interviewed by HR the first time. Received a call back the very next day to come in again and meet with HR as well as a supervisor and manager from the call center. HR was the only person who asked questions, the other 2 basically just listened to the answers. IF you apply please be aware that it took about 2 months to hear from NFG and the offer came the same week I was interviewed. They do get a lot of applications, but they also have a very high turnover. Most people have been there less then 3 years.

Interview Questions

• tell me about an experience where you had to overcome an obstacle, what was the outcome.
      are you comfortable with having to be stationary for so many hours per day.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Fuel Gas (Buffalo, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

A sit down with HR and management from IT. Also, on the day of the initial interview I had an aptitude test. We had a final interview with the entire management including CIO.

Meter Reader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Fuel Gas (Buffalo, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Very intimidating and rude. I expressed several times that I want to start my career with them, and I know my resume is big and has a lot on it but they kept wanting to know why I wanted to work for them, and that I am "overqualified" supposedly.. Also they kept asking about dogs, which was no problem for me.. just thought that was weird..

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for National Fuel?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Interview

Acquired an interview after talking with a rep at my campus career fair. Had the interview the next day. then got a follow up interview with an HR rep over the telephone. Then finally went to the location for a final round of interviews with HR reps as well as managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you where unable to meet a deadline and why   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Fuel Gas (Williamsville, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume first week of June, did not hear back until July 21st which was via email. Set up phone interview for the following week. Was called by HR and phone screening consisted of going over school and current employer information. Set up face to face interview for 2 weeks after that. Face to face interview was short. Interviewed by woman from HR and 2 men (can't remember their names) both whom are very high up in the company. Asked how a previous job would relate to this one, why I was looking to change career paths, and if I had any questions. Took 15 minutes at the most. Was then directed to fill out an application and sign background paperwork. Apparently only people they are considering hiring are asked to do this. If you are asked to just leave and sign out, then you didn't get the job! I was called just under 2 weeks later and offered the position.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Fuel Gas.

Interview

They were recruiting on my campus so i submitted my resume. I got called for an interview about a week later. I was interviewed by HR and a senior developer. They took turns asking questions related to their job function. I left with the impression that i did a very good job but i did not get a call back for some reason.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer