National Fuel Gas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.4

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Fuel Gas (Erie, PA).

Interview

Was interviewed by HR the first time. Received a call back the very next day to come in again and meet with HR as well as a supervisor and manager from the call center. HR was the only person who asked questions, the other 2 basically just listened to the answers. IF you apply please be aware that it took about 2 months to hear from NFG and the offer came the same week I was interviewed. They do get a lot of applications, but they also have a very high turnover. Most people have been there less then 3 years.

Interview Questions

• tell me about an experience where you had to overcome an obstacle, what was the outcome.
      are you comfortable with having to be stationary for so many hours per day.
      Answer Question

Meter Reader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Fuel Gas (Buffalo, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Very intimidating and rude. I expressed several times that I want to start my career with them, and I know my resume is big and has a lot on it but they kept wanting to know why I wanted to work for them, and that I am "overqualified" supposedly.. Also they kept asking about dogs, which was no problem for me.. just thought that was weird..

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for National Fuel?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Interview

Acquired an interview after talking with a rep at my campus career fair. Had the interview the next day. then got a follow up interview with an HR rep over the telephone. Then finally went to the location for a final round of interviews with HR reps as well as managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you where unable to meet a deadline and why   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Fuel Gas (Williamsville, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume first week of June, did not hear back until July 21st which was via email. Set up phone interview for the following week. Was called by HR and phone screening consisted of going over school and current employer information. Set up face to face interview for 2 weeks after that. Face to face interview was short. Interviewed by woman from HR and 2 men (can't remember their names) both whom are very high up in the company. Asked how a previous job would relate to this one, why I was looking to change career paths, and if I had any questions. Took 15 minutes at the most. Was then directed to fill out an application and sign background paperwork. Apparently only people they are considering hiring are asked to do this. If you are asked to just leave and sign out, then you didn't get the job! I was called just under 2 weeks later and offered the position.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Fuel Gas.

Interview

They were recruiting on my campus so i submitted my resume. I got called for an interview about a week later. I was interviewed by HR and a senior developer. They took turns asking questions related to their job function. I left with the impression that i did a very good job but i did not get a call back for some reason.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Energy Analyst Interview

Interview

First interview met with future coworkers, supervisor, and manager. Learned about the company and position. Basic questions that asked about school, previous employment, and computer skills. Second interview met with supervisor, manager, and vice president. Second interview discussed salary.

Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National Fuel Gas (Buffalo, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Lots of people asking questions, some questions not pertaining to job meant to gauge personality.Group appeared to be self-focused ant not listening to my answers to other's questions, thus leading them to ask me similar questions. It was very telling of this company's management atmosphere, i wish i paid more attention to the warning signs before accepting employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It took 4 months from first interview to start of employment, and the did agree to start me at a higher pay rate than their first offer.

Field Construction Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Fuel Gas (Buffalo, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

I met with a representative at the school job fair. Proceeded to get an on campus interview. The interview was highly behavioral based given specific instances or situations

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions like how would you handle a rude client/customer.   Answer Question

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at National Fuel Gas (Buffalo, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

Phone call for screening, two interviews of attorneys inside at thirty minutes each. The attorneys were rather aloof interviewers who obviously had put little thought into the interview--the age-old "read resume in front of candidate, repeat lines from it with a rising intonation and gently probe further." At the end of the interview, I had very little idea what separated a successful candidate from an unsuccessful one.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Fuel Gas (Buffalo, NY) in October 2007.

Interview

Initially, I met with a HR representative for an on-campus interview. I did well at this interview, which was a standard "tell me about yourself" type of interview, and was asked back for a 2nd interview at the home office with the hiring managers.

After spending about 30 minutes filling out paperwork, I was asked to go upstairs and meet with 2 hiring managers at the same time. During this meeting, I was asked about two things: The Buffalo Bills and Buffalo weather. Nothing was asked about my qualifications or anything regarding the position. Within 15 minutes, I left.

The 2nd interview took place in October, but it wasn't until January that I heard back ANYTHING - and it was only in the form of a general letter. It would have been nice to hear an update from the HR rep.

Luckily, I had secured a much better internship at that point so I didn't care much, but in my opinion, the whole interview process was very unprofessional and I wouldn't have wanted to work for a company like that anyways.

Interview Questions

• Did you watch the Bills game last week?   1 Answer