National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency Interview Questions

Updated Nov 1, 2017

2.5

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.

Interview

It was an informal 20 minute interview at my university. We reviewed my resume, what positions best suited my skill set, and went through standard interview questions. The interview was more for me to get a better idea of what opportunities are at NGA and simulate a real interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to learn a new tool? How did you go about it and what were the results?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (Lake Saint Louis, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process is as follows:
    The first interview is a virtual interview. You are given a series of three questions, asked one at a time. You have three minutes to prepare your answer, at which time your video and audio record your responses. You only get one attempt for each answer.

GEOINT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (New York, NY).

Interview

Slow, easy. Phone interview only, with a panel of 5 members. Overall, you submit your application, wait forever to hear back, and then a simple phone interview that really doesn't weed out too many people unless they're incompetent.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you think about diversity in the workplace?
      Q: Name a previous experience you had something difficult happen and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (New York, NY).

Interview

After submitting a written application, I was called for a one hour, structured interview. One of the interview team members was present in the room and three others were on VTC in another location.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were scenario based. Given these facts, what is your legal analysis.   Answer Question

Rank In Person Promotion Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.

Interview

There is no interview. Just lots of paperwork and some board figures out who is best. We had a skills tool to fill out and a supervisor rates those skills too

Interview Questions

• NONE!!!! WHo promotes just on a paperwork drill? I didnt even know what jobs would be available. Its called rank in person but if you are selected you wont stay in your job so its really rank in position.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (Alexandria, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a single person interview. It lasted about 30 minutes. I thought it was a screening interview, but it was actually the interview. The person conducting the interview was courteous and asked project management specific questions. All questions were relevant and to the point.

Interview Questions

• Describe the major reasons projects fail? How do you conduct stakeholder management? Why would you like to work for NGA?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They would not negotiate on pay or moving expenses.

GEOINT Analyst Interview

Interview

Was called in for an interview a few weeks after I applied. Interviews took most of the day, two panel interviews, panel only asked the questions they gave you at the beginning, no deviation except to clarify your answer. There was a group work activity and a critical thinking test, as well as a tour. My session began at 1145 and I left around 1800.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to stand up for something you thought was right.   Answer Question

Imagery Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Phone screening: The conversation lasted about 20 minutes. The interviewer was blunt, very straightforward, and had little-to-no personality. I wasn't sure what to expect, but appreciated the brevity of the conversation. The interviewer seemed to appreciate the succinctness of my responses.

Interview Questions

• Phone screening: Expect to be asked about current world events, remote sensing, problem solving, the future of the GIS industry, and national security priorities.

1 on 1 or panel interview: Expect to be asked your motivation for applying, your five-year career goals, what is your favorite book and why, basic problem solving scenarios (be sure to think aloud), and more questions about how GIS can help solve global security problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have a graduate degree in a sought after field, negotiate to enter employment as a Pay Band 3.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Belvoir, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (Fort Belvoir, VA).

Interview

A panel of four interviewers asked questions verbatim from a written list. The panel was friendly but very formal. There were four questions, one for each panel member. Each of the four panel members wrote down everything I said. The interview lasted 30 minutes so there was little time for discussion or establishing rapport.

GIS Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.

Interview

Applied well before the deadline. Contacted a month or so after the deadline for a phone interview. Panel of four interviewers, call lasted only 15 minutes or so. Four behavioral based questions. No technical questions were asked. Lastly they asked if I had any questions for them.

Interview Questions

• How do you communicate a difficult idea or concept to someone?   Answer Question