National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2018

2.6

Police Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (Springfield, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process was about what one should expect, in regards to working in a Top Secret/SCI position. There is the obligatory online application first, then Medical Exam, Physical Efficiency Battery, Drug Screen, Oral Board, Poly, etc. The culmination is a trip to a federal law enforcement academy, then back to whatever location you are assigned to. Then reality sets in.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Belvoir, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (Fort Belvoir, VA).

Interview

A panel of four interviewers asked questions verbatim from a written list. The panel was friendly but very formal. There were four questions, one for each panel member. Each of the four panel members wrote down everything I said. The interview lasted 30 minutes so there was little time for discussion or establishing rapport.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.

Interview

Interview was very strange. I was sent an online link where I recorded myself interviewing. There was no other person on the other side. I was just answering questions for a recording, which made it difficult to gauge how the interview was going.

Interview Questions

• I had to look at their core mission and select which section applied to me the best and explain.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a panel that asked behavioral questions in the form of, "tell me about a time when you," and usually involved a process improvement, correcting or resolving an error, or overcoming a challenge. Only one interview was conducted for this position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to confront an ethical dilemma. What was the situation and what did you do?   1 Answer

Imagery Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Phone screening: The conversation lasted about 20 minutes. The interviewer was blunt, very straightforward, and had little-to-no personality. I wasn't sure what to expect, but appreciated the brevity of the conversation. The interviewer seemed to appreciate the succinctness of my responses.

Interview Questions

• Phone screening: Expect to be asked about current world events, remote sensing, problem solving, the future of the GIS industry, and national security priorities.

1 on 1 or panel interview: Expect to be asked your motivation for applying, your five-year career goals, what is your favorite book and why, basic problem solving scenarios (be sure to think aloud), and more questions about how GIS can help solve global security problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have a graduate degree in a sought after field, negotiate to enter employment as a Pay Band 3.

Imaging Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency in January 2016.

Interview

I did two online video taped interviews before my offer. The process was okay, but its the government and took so long I twice gave up on the job because I assumed I wouldn't get an offer

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (Bethesda, MD) in November 2011.

Interview

In person panel interview by the supervisor and three other employees in the same office. Each panel member took a turn asking questions. The questions were prescripted. It was a relatively formal interview process but not a stressful environment. In total I think the interview probably lasted about one hour. However, because of the clearance requirement, it took a while to hear back, and took several months after accepting the position to actually get a start date.

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (New York, NY).

Interview

After submitting a written application, I was called for a one hour, structured interview. One of the interview team members was present in the room and three others were on VTC in another location.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were scenario based. Given these facts, what is your legal analysis.   Answer Question

Public Affairs Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (Bethesda, MD) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview was intense. The panelists were arrogant and condescending -- should have been a warning to me. The *panel was comprised of a diverse group: two women -- one white, one Asian -- three men -- white, Asian and black. The questions were practically a series of gotchas that didn't dig very deep into my competencies. *There is so much concern for diversity at NGA that incompetence is accepted as long as there's diversity.

Geospatial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (Springfield, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

Long interview process with 2 panel questioning sessions and team building exercises. Prepare before hand, and make sure you prepare a decent presentation. I was greatly underprepared. There was a nice tour and they gave a tour and overview of the company and facility. It is a great opportunity if you are qualified.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about how function as part of a team and your leadership skills.   1 Answer