National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2018

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (Washington, DC).

Interview

It was long. 5 hours long.

For one, they flew me from St. Louis to their home-base in Virginia. This caused me to have to take off 2 days of work, with such little notice, it of course required lying to my current employer - which is never something you want to do if you are uncertain of a job. They pay for the flight right off the bat and then they will reimburse you for your hotel and rental car at a later date - it took almost a month.

The interview itself was broken into 5 parts:
    1. Introduction to the NGA! You get to watch a few slides explaining what the NGA is and does (all unclassified, of course) and you get to ask a member of senior management some questions after they explain their journey to the NGA with you.

This next part sees you broken up into two groups - my group was broken down into essentially men and women - most of the men (and one woman) went in one group, while the women (and two men) were in another - still not sure if this was done intentionally or not.

The following was my order:

2. Group exercise. We were herded into a room where four people with clipboards and one very enthusiastic dude introduced us to the group experiment - kind of. We went around, introduced ourselves to each other and watched the people with the clipboards write things down - nerve inducing. Our group exercise, was a stack of pictures. You are NOT allowed to look at each others pictures. You are supposed to figure out what they are/represent and figure out what to do with them. The answer is they are a "Zoom in" photos, you need to figure out who has the furthest out and furthest in and where everyone else goes in between. My group did very well.

3. The Tour. This is where they make you very jealous of the facility. You get to see the facade, and nothing more. The building was expensive - which should some up the tour for you.

4. Interview # 1 - This is where they ask you personal questions - "How have you handled" - "How would you handle", etc. They give you a piece of laminated paper that you read the 6 - 10 questions off of and are then given 10 minutes to answer them...except the interviewers insist on reading the questions to you - even though you just read them - cutting into your time. So be aware that they will do that.

5. Interview #2 - The "Technical Brief" and the technical questions. The best advice I can give to you on the technical brief is to choose something you are passionate about that has ANYTHING to do with national security. The very first question after you give you "5 minute brief" is why you CHOSE that topic. They will go into detail asking about the brief. So don't choose something because you think it might impress them.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever solved a problem in a creative or innovative way?   2 Answers
    • Name 3 things every leader should have, and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2018.

Interview

5 hour process approximately 2 1/2 hour briefing explaining NGA perks, growth, what they do and personal experiences (all unclassified of course) and approximately 2 1/2 hours of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• 6 questions about leadership abilities and roles   1 Answer
    • Oral Presentation followed by 6 questions about analytical capabilities (problem solving)   1 Answer
    • Group Exercise   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (Springfield, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

Long interview process with 2 panel questioning sessions and team building exercises. Prepare before hand, and make sure you prepare a decent presentation. I was greatly underprepared. There was a nice tour and they gave a tour and overview of the company and facility. It is a great opportunity if you are qualified.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about how function as part of a team and your leadership skills.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.

Interview

Interview was very strange. I was sent an online link where I recorded myself interviewing. There was no other person on the other side. I was just answering questions for a recording, which made it difficult to gauge how the interview was going.

Interview Questions

• I had to look at their core mission and select which section applied to me the best and explain.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.

Interview

It was an informal 20 minute interview at my university. We reviewed my resume, what positions best suited my skill set, and went through standard interview questions. The interview was more for me to get a better idea of what opportunities are at NGA and simulate a real interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to learn a new tool? How did you go about it and what were the results?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (Lake Saint Louis, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process is as follows:
    The first interview is a virtual interview. You are given a series of three questions, asked one at a time. You have three minutes to prepare your answer, at which time your video and audio record your responses. You only get one attempt for each answer.

GEOINT Analyst (Imagery Scientist) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (Springfield, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Gave a recruiter my CV at a job fair and then was contacted and flown out for an interview without submitting an actual application. Interview consisted of a prepared security briefing, 2 sets of interviews, and a tour.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a work experience when something did not go as planned. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

GEOINT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (New York, NY).

Interview

Slow, easy. Phone interview only, with a panel of 5 members. Overall, you submit your application, wait forever to hear back, and then a simple phone interview that really doesn't weed out too many people unless they're incompetent.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you think about diversity in the workplace?
      Q: Name a previous experience you had something difficult happen and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (New York, NY).

Interview

After submitting a written application, I was called for a one hour, structured interview. One of the interview team members was present in the room and three others were on VTC in another location.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were scenario based. Given these facts, what is your legal analysis.   Answer Question

Rank In Person Promotion Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.

Interview

There is no interview. Just lots of paperwork and some board figures out who is best. We had a skills tool to fill out and a supervisor rates those skills too

Interview Questions

• NONE!!!! WHo promotes just on a paperwork drill? I didnt even know what jobs would be available. Its called rank in person but if you are selected you wont stay in your job so its really rank in position.   Answer Question