National Journal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at National Journal

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Journal

Policy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at National Journal in March 2018.

Interview

It was pretty short and there were no surprise questions. They asked to describe yourself in 10 minutes or so , why I wanted to work there and if I had any questions. It was just a phone screen so I found that it didn't fit my interest as much during the interview.

Health Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Journal (Santa Fe, NM).

Interview

The interviewer was extremely rude and unprofessional. She promised to have a response back to me by the end of the week, but it has now been two months since the original interview. The interviewer has not responded to any follow-up attempts and was very condescending.

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National Journal (Washington, DC) in January 2018.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview, where an HR professional interviewed me about my experience, gauged my interests, and paired me with one of the Atlantic Media brands. She put me in touch with the manager National Journal, with whom I had another phone call.

Interview Questions

• I remember being asked what skill of mine is the most prominent/what skill placed me within the 90th percentile of people who do that thing.   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Interview

Tech-interview and onsite

Interview Questions

• not really, some basic questions on open source project   Answer Question

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at National Journal (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

I reached out directly to the hiring manager via Linkedin. I was then referred to someone in HR for a first round interview. Following that I had a conversation with the hiring manager and then was brought in to an onsite interview for 2 hours. I had a pitch given to me to present to two team members and then an interview with both of them. Then I had a culture interview with someone outside of the organization I was applying for. Then I had my last interview with the VP. It was hard to determine any next steps or feedback because my interviews with the managers came first. Besides the pitch, the interviews were normal and a lot of explaining yourself to a variety of people. The culture interview has a more set of predetermined questions. I think they are looking for someone very specific so it would be hard to answers any question correctly. They were very accommodating when I was sick for my original interview date.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome a difficult situation or teammate?   Answer Question