National Journal Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 13 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Journal

National Journal

Application

I interviewed at National Journal

Interview

The interview process and their responses are very slow. They discriminate against people who are not US citizen. They will ask for multiple presentations, but will not tell you what went wrong.

Interview Questions
  • How would you solve the problem if the client has a conflicting ideology to that of yours?
    Answer Question

National Journal

Application

I interviewed at National Journal

Interview

My interview process consisted of 4 phone calls. The first being with a talent specialist followed by 3 different members of the business development team. Each individual I spoke with was extremely personable and highly informative.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Journal (Washington, DC) in Jan 2021

Interview

I was called by another research analyst at the department I applied to. The description of the company was equally vague as the website, yet the interviewer was super nice and had great questions.

Interview Questions
  • What was a difficult challenge in research that you have faced?

Application

Interview

interviewer showed up late. unreceptive interviewer in phone screen. Did not have clear answers for questions I asked. Standard interview time for phone screen ~30 minutes. interview/ghosted after initial interview despite two follow ups.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

National Journal

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Journal in Oct 2020

Interview

I first heard back from the Program Manager TWO days after applying, which was an exciting prospect. We had a ~35 min preliminary phone call to discuss my professional experience and learn more about the center. The next day I received an exercise to create two PPT presentations on their articles/data. Another 1.5 weeks later, I had THREE video interviews with different staff and members of the team in a row for an hour and a half (really crammed them in). I thought that they all went well, but then I got radio silence after thanking them and asking if they need any more from me. Four weeks later, I was rejected.

Interview Questions
  • How would you approach working with clients whose views differ from your own?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Journal (Washington, DC) in Jul 2020

Interview

A brief first interview followed by a more substantive second interview, normal interview questions on work style/ experience/ expectations followed by substantive questions to check basic working knowledge of national security issues.

Interview Questions
  • Asked to describe working style/ what role I best play in a team problem-solving exercise

National Journal

Application

I interviewed at National Journal

Interview

I participated first in a short phone interview with an analyst there -- mostly experience questions and the like, quite easy. During the second phone interview, I spoke with that same analyst, the department head, and another analyst. Harder questions, but still overall easy.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Journal (Washington, DC) in Sep 2018

Interview

The interview lasted about 30 minutes. They had a lot of questions prepared, but also of them gave space to speak about my strengths and capabilities. As long as you go in prepared, you'll be fine!

Interview Questions
  • Q: What is one project you are most proud of in your career?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at National Journal (Santa Fe, NM)

Interview

The interviewer was extremely rude and unprofessional. She promised to have a response back to me by the end of the week, but it has now been two months since the original interview. The interviewer has not responded to any follow-up attempts and was very condescending.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

National Journal

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at National Journal in Mar 2018

Interview

It was pretty short and there were no surprise questions. They asked to describe yourself in 10 minutes or so , why I wanted to work there and if I had any questions. It was just a phone screen so I found that it didn't fit my interest as much during the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Interviews