National Multiple Sclerosis Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Multiple Sclerosis Society Interview Questions

2.4

Development Coordinator, Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Multiple Sclerosis Society (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

We had a 5:00 p.m. phone interview scheduled and at 5:15 p.m. she texted me to cancel the interview and thanked me for considering the position. Then she added that she hoped I would have a great rest of the week. I guess what employees say about the organization is true. What a waste of rescheduling my day for her.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to speak?   1 Answer

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at National Multiple Sclerosis Society (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Two interviews. First with Development Manager then panel interview with office. Very precise and quick turn around. First interview was layed back and turned into casual conversation. The second interview was a little more intense because one of the panelist was a little intense.

Marketing and Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Multiple Sclerosis Society (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty lengthy process. Phone interview, followed by an in-person interview with members of another Chapter on the phone as well. Took about 2 months from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle missing a deadline?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Multiple Sclerosis Society.

Interview

This process required EIGHT interviews over 2 months. The CEO position could not have been vetted with this much effort. This should have been a clear signal on what a bureaucratic organization this is.

Negotiation

What negotiation?? Take it or leave it.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Multiple Sclerosis Society in December 2014.

Interview

After turning in my resume, cover letter, and references I got a response within two days or so. They scheduled a phone interview with me that took about 30 minutes, said it was going to be a simple conversation but ended up being more like a real interview. Regardless, not that difficult. I was asked basic behavioral questions such as "tell me about how you work with a team and a time when your team failed.." Asked what I wanted out of the internship and what I thought I would bring to the team. Lady was very nice and friendly, passionate about her job. Next day was emailed to set up an interview which was a week later. In person was much easier, just asked about what I looked for in a team, what I looked for in a leader, and I was asked about a time I had to solve a difficult problem. Everyone seemed very excited about the organization and their work, and emphasized how fun and rewarding the work is. Got called the next day and was offered the internship.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unpaid position

Staff Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Multiple Sclerosis Society (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Two interviews with management staff with questions relevant to experience and the ability to get along with others. Each member on the management staff had outlined individual questions that they desired answers to as they pertained to work experience, family life and marital status.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You meet our criteria and we would like you to start on November 3 which is your birthday.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Multiple Sclerosis Society in August 2014.

Interview

I applied on their website, and was contacted via email by the director about two weeks later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly informal, and very pleasant. They were supposed to email me later that day to set up the in person interview, but after two days, I had to follow-up with a "thank you" and "did I miss something?" That day they replied with a meeting time for the following week to interview in person. The HR Director and Director of Community Relations for this region were in the office for the interview, and the Director's supervisor and a peer (someone doing this job) from another region were on the conference call.

I was asked to prepare a 3-5 minute recruitment presentation (no visuals required) for the group prior to the interview. It could be over my current organization or cover the MS Society.

Interview Questions

• Can you fire a volunteer? (this is not a yes, no question) How would you handle a difficult volunteer? How do you handle conflict? What type of relationship do you like to have with your manager? Have you ever done a walk or ride for any organization? How do you go about keeping volunteers connected during an "off season?"   1 Answer

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Multiple Sclerosis Society (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a quick one step process. the interviewers were nice and friendly. The length of the interview was 15 minutes. they were really interested in my work, the response time for their decision was quick and professional.

Interview Questions

• Explain the hardest part of one your projects in your portfolio.   1 Answer

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Multiple Sclerosis Society (Houston, TX).

Interview

The HR manager contacted me for a phone interview. I told her I lived out of the country, and the first question she asked me was, "Do you expect us to relocate you? Because we don't do that." Kind of a weird start to an interview if you ask me. She then went on to ask about 10 behavioral questions, such as "How do you like to communicate with your manager?" "What is your presentation style?" "Tell me about a time when you didn't communicate well." "What types of media database systems have you used?" "Tell me about a piece you wrote that persuaded someone." "How do you prioritize?"

Basically they were weeding people out, but I wasn't asked at all about my previous experience or what direct skills I could bring to the position.

Data Entry Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National Multiple Sclerosis Society (Rochester, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

It is a very common interview, and the questions are not that hard. The interviewee is nice. They sent me email about the detail of the interview. It is 1 to 1 interview with basic questions. They will ask you question based on your resume.