National PTA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National PTA Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at National PTA

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National PTA in September 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview scheduled by recruiter's office in advance of the phone interview. Recruiter called at appointed time. Interview was approximately half hour. Was informed a couple of weeks after phone interview that the organization selected another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Interview mainly focused on past experience and skills used.   Answer Question

Director of Membership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National PTA (Arlington, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call within about a month to schedule an in-person interview. Their office location is impossible to get to if one is dependent on public transportation. I arrived on time and after much confusion it was determined that the person with whom I was scheduled to meet (HR department staff) was not in the office that day, and no one who was there was able/willing to interview me in her stead. I was angry (understatement). That interview was rescheduled, and led to a second interview with membership department staff for a group interview which went well.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't have to earn a salary?   1 Answer

National PTA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National PTA (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

The entire process took quite a while for me and I didn't hear anything for almost two months before my first interview. I think this had more to do with my department director being busy and had little to do with common practice. At the time, National PTA had a full time HR staff member but for some reason used a 3rd party company to verify my references. Even so, most of my references were not contacted which was curious but the lack of sufficient background checks may explain the low quality of some of the staff in previous years. Currently, National PTA has a part time HR person. My first interview was with the department director and my second included an executive staff member. Both interviews went well for me and I was offered a position the same day.

Negotiation

They met my salary expectations so negotiation was fairly easy.