National Safety Council Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.8

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Safety Council (Itasca, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

There were multiple level interviews before I got the job offer. First one was phone interview with general questions and resume review. Second one was HR & technical interview. Third one was with CIO.

Public Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Safety Council (Itasca, IL).

Interview

Lengthy and involved interview process consisted of 3 in person interviews, and 2 rather laborious writing assignments, spread over a month. However everyone in the process was very nice and professional. I was impressed by the organization and the quality and dedication of staff. They were open and upfront about what the process would entail, however I didn't expect to be asked back so many times.

Interview Questions

• Rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 on various parameters (organizational skills, creativity, etc)   Answer Question

Senior Director, Advocacy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Safety Council (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

There were a number of steps in the interview process. I first had to complete a long substantive questionnaire. After this I had a telephone interview, lasting about 30 minutes. Then they asked me to there headquarters for a "first round" of interviews. I had to take a 1/2 day of personal vacation and an hour travel time to their suburban location outside of Chicago. When I arrived, I had a 30 minute interview with a Human Resources person. After her interview, she told me to wait in a closed conference room where I would be meeting with three upper level team members. I waited in the conference room for one hour and no one ever came to interview me. I finally checked outside, and the human resource person told me that one person couldn't make it into the office, another person was tied up on a telephone call and the other person I ran into in the hallway and he was on his way to another meeting that he could not miss. They asked if I could stay for another half hour until he was finished with his other meeting. I could not because I had to get back to my actual work.

The worst part of the entire humilitating experience, they never even called me, not even to apologize, and not even to let me know the status of my application. At some point a few weeks later, I received a form rejection letter. Not a professional way to treat a candidate.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Safety Council (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Outstanding overall process- start to finish! The initial contact was relaxed, an open and honest exchange of information and I learned a lot about the position I was considering. Trina Crowder did a great job of sharing info about the position, organization and overall culture.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my background, management style, goals and accomplishments. I was asked about my corporate experience and how it translated to a non-profit setting. I was asked if I had reviewed the NSC website and if I had any questions about the products and services offered by the council.   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at National Safety Council (Itasca, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

phone, f2f with HR, f2f with hiring manager. never heard back, made several email and calls to check in. Om;y after calling CEO office did I get a call back. They then reposted the job and 6 months later have not filled it. Just busy work for HR apparently

Interview Questions

• normal stuff plus why want to be part of mission. all good   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Safety Council in September 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume via website, participated in interview with recruiter via phone. I was hoping to be able to work remotely but was advised that because it was a management position, I had to relocate and they would not pay for relocation.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Safety Council (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

First met with HR and had a good conversation and was able to ask general questions about the company. Then met with the department supervisor and director for more specific questions pertaining to the job and my experience at hand. This took place over one hour. They were thorough and courteous. Was a very pleasant interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Share a time when I made a big mistake on the job and how I handled it.   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Interview

Interview Questions

• unsurewent through a temp agency just like everyone else did there was no interview process at all. They liked my resume so they brought me in to work to see if they iked me.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Safety Council (Itasca, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Very thorough. I met with multiple team members who really wanted to make sure it was a good fit from both sides of the table. They were very conscious of the idea that they wanted a good long term fit and not just a short term role.

Interview Questions

• What are some examples of how you have worked well together in a team setting?   Answer Question

Cannot Divulge Interview

Interview

it was easy

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

boring