National University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Panel interview made up of 5 potential colleagues. All questions related to the position and I had considered during my preparation. The panel lasted approximately 45 minutes and gave me a good idea of what working for the organization would be like.

Visiting Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Online with a faculty recruiter. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. There were several questions in regards to the specific skill-set associated with the position. The recruiter asked about my skills in computer/online teaching and the technology tools used. The recruiter explained that the teaching method is totally online. I would have to pass a three week introduction online course in order to be hired for the position.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have teaching at the graduate level?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was a set salary for the position.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National University (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Had to search for room interview was conducted in; very informal; lots of soap boxing; liked the fact that it was casual, but expected it to be more about work and not about my personal life. I don't believe other interviews at this school are conducted the same way. In fact, I believe they are more professional and are completed faster than mine.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with different scripts.   1 Answer

Admission Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National University.

Interview

it was quick about a week long process. No drug test or physical. focus on past sales experience and that you care about students. Also make such to have answers to what experience you have with college and helping people. It was not a hard process, but make sure to be ready to do a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• what expereince do you have in sales or a retail setting?   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National University in July 2016.

Interview

Spoke with Center Director and faculty from campus. Seemed thrown together and very vague questions. No HR personnel throughout any hiring or onboarding processes. Honestly felt like they would hire anyone who would show up because they can't seem to hold onto anyone in this position for longer than 2 years

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National University in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through Glassdoor, was contacted for an in-person interview with two interviewers. They were kind and warm, reviewed my experience and skills. Conducted a background check that took a little while.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, recall a situation where advising was difficult and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National University (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I submitted an application and received a phone call the next day for an interview. The interview was great. The Admissions Advisors I interviewed with were incredibly friendly, positive and helpful.

I was asked questions regarding my advising experience, experience with students and ability to comply with deadlines.

The interview was simple and friendly. Word of advice: Be yourself!

Interview Questions

• What kind of manager or boss do you prefer?   1 Answer

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University.

Interview

This was a quite a long time ago so I don't recall. Being a university though, I have noticed all the managers really appreciate when you do your research into the school. So do your homework.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National University (Long Beach, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Had an interview with the manager. Overall pleasant with no difficult questions. Manager was seeking more information about my work ethic and why I want the position. The experience was not intimidating and went smooth.

Interview Questions

• Can you mention a time when you had a situation with a coworker and what did you do to solve the problem?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be an Admissions Advisor?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about National University   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National University.

Interview

know make the job will entails, do research about the school itself, and most importantly be yourself. It's better to be yourself in the interview than, be scripted and fake. Besides, the people that interview you are the ones that's going to be your coworkers.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about National University?   1 Answer