National University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National University Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National University.

Interview

Interview process took 2 weeks, Phone call interview first, briefly went over job details and they asked about myself and experience and if I was interested.. Then called back in for a face to face interview, lasted about 10 minutes both interviews. Easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced in a difficult situation and how did you handle it, how do you prioritize you work responsibilities? Do you plan on taking classes?   Answer Question

Student Finance Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National University (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview process is very short, comprising essentially of an online application and one interview. The interview will normally take place at a campus, specifically the campus applied at, and will be conducted by 3-4 interviewers, consisting of at least one staffer, one campus supervisor, and one school executive. The interview questions are mainly general questions about interests and reasons for desiring the position. There will be one challenging question that asks about your personal definition of a specific word or phrase, though I don't recall what it was.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University.

Interview

First step was a brief phone interview. Mostly reviewed my resume and discussed the position. Second step was a one on one, 45-minute in-person interview with two people. They worked through a list of questions while they took notes and gave me time to ask questions at the end. It felt conversational throughout.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest misconception others have about you in the work environment?   Answer Question

Elearning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National University (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview, panel interview, meet the boss. They explained the position and the difficulties they were having. On the phone they asked me for my salary request, when I told her, the phone went silent. I said is that too high, she said everything is negotiable. Apparently not!

Admissions Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National University (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a basic phone interview. The whole process was pretty quick. The phone interview had straight forward questions that you get for every interview. It was with two different members of the team. Both members asked questions. When I had questions for them, they answered very quickly. It was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What computer programs are you familiar with? How would you handle dealing with different people? What do you know about the position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National University.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. The first step was a phone interview then I received a call back about setting up an in-person interview. When I arrived, the staff was warm and friendly. I interviewed with a panel consisting of 3 people. Overall, it was an easy interview process. Nothing out of the ordinary. Make sure to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time/projects/deadlines? What is your process?
      What are your top 3 strengths/weaknesses?
      Talk about a time you had trouble communicating within a team. What happened?
      Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National University (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was simple. It was formal but with a comfortable air. It was 1:1 and focused mainly on my qualifications and objectives. Interview was more of a conversation than an uncomfortable eye-to-eye question attack.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National University (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Had to search for room interview was conducted in; very informal; lots of soap boxing; liked the fact that it was casual, but expected it to be more about work and not about my personal life. I don't believe other interviews at this school are conducted the same way. In fact, I believe they are more professional and are completed faster than mine.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with different scripts.   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University.

Interview

Don't bother applying at a for-profit institution. Their online department runs like a outdated corporate training development without focus on academics and faculty freedom. It looks like senior administrators are afraid of losing their jobs.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions are the most annoying. No challenge whatsoever.   Answer Question

Anonymous - Student Facing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National University (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Equal opportunity, simple and easy from the interviewee's standpoint. Submitted online application and paper resume. Single interview format. was interviewed by two managers and received an offer within a month's time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A