National University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017

2.4

Records Evaluator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National University (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got an email to come in for an interview. Interviewed with three people very nice and laid back. Then got a call about salary if I was ok with their minimum to their maximum payout for that position. I said yes but preferred maximum. Then finally got a call saying I got the maximum payout. Did background check. Passed start Monday

Academic Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied and was asked to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by a panel in June. I was told that I would be moved forward in the process by the end of the same week and then that same day told that the process was on hold. I did not hear anything back for over a month. I was contacted again and asked to fill out a background check form, and then asked to redo the form. I was offered the position and given a date for the new employee orientation. I was unable to attend due to a doctor's appointment that I could not reschedule and then was emailed and told that they were no longer considering me for the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National University.

Interview

Interview process took 2 weeks, Phone call interview first, briefly went over job details and they asked about myself and experience and if I was interested.. Then called back in for a face to face interview, lasted about 10 minutes both interviews. Easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced in a difficult situation and how did you handle it, how do you prioritize you work responsibilities? Do you plan on taking classes?   Answer Question

Student Finance Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National University (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview process is very short, comprising essentially of an online application and one interview. The interview will normally take place at a campus, specifically the campus applied at, and will be conducted by 3-4 interviewers, consisting of at least one staffer, one campus supervisor, and one school executive. The interview questions are mainly general questions about interests and reasons for desiring the position. There will be one challenging question that asks about your personal definition of a specific word or phrase, though I don't recall what it was.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University.

Interview

First step was a brief phone interview. Mostly reviewed my resume and discussed the position. Second step was a one on one, 45-minute in-person interview with two people. They worked through a list of questions while they took notes and gave me time to ask questions at the end. It felt conversational throughout.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest misconception others have about you in the work environment?   Answer Question

Elearning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National University (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview, panel interview, meet the boss. They explained the position and the difficulties they were having. On the phone they asked me for my salary request, when I told her, the phone went silent. I said is that too high, she said everything is negotiable. Apparently not!

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National University (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

- Got a phone screening
    - Made an appointment for an interview in person
    - Got interview in person with 2 supervisors
    - Waited for about a month to get the result
    - Got an offer and do background check

Interview Questions

• - Asked about my experience.
      - What I have done from my previous job.
      - What was the problem I faced when I work and how I solved that problem.
      - Asked to make an activity calendar (to see my creativity).   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

Interview

Panel interview made up of 5 potential colleagues. All questions related to the position and I had considered during my preparation. The panel lasted approximately 45 minutes and gave me a good idea of what working for the organization would be like.

Admissions Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National University (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a basic phone interview. The whole process was pretty quick. The phone interview had straight forward questions that you get for every interview. It was with two different members of the team. Both members asked questions. When I had questions for them, they answered very quickly. It was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What computer programs are you familiar with? How would you handle dealing with different people? What do you know about the position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National University.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. The first step was a phone interview then I received a call back about setting up an in-person interview. When I arrived, the staff was warm and friendly. I interviewed with a panel consisting of 3 people. Overall, it was an easy interview process. Nothing out of the ordinary. Make sure to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time/projects/deadlines? What is your process?
      What are your top 3 strengths/weaknesses?
      Talk about a time you had trouble communicating within a team. What happened?   Answer Question