National Vision Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Vision Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.2

Digital Optimization Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Vision.

Interview

I was very shocked by the lack of respect the digital marketing team had. Arrived 10 min early. No sign of hiring manager in sight! Receptionist tells me they might be running late from lunch...ok. 7 minutes after scheduled interview, one of the team members greets me to walk inside. Half tucked shirt, lazy gait and an attitude of "I really don't know why I am part of this process". Walk into the office and hiring manager has no apologies whatsoever. Barely even wants to stand up from chair to greet. Right off the bat first interview question " Tell me about your experience at your last position". A good interview means making the candidate comfortable by small talk and not start off awkwardly with the compounded effect of tardiness from team.

Walked them thru various issues of website and optimization efforts. One of the interviewers was dozing off, brilliant! The hiring manager had a poker face throughout interview, sweet! I was unsure where the interview was going- very few technical questions asked and a sense of being in a room where 2 people are least bit interested in the hiring process.

Rejected due to over communication of efforts at past roles. But to me it was because they felt technically challenged in understanding nuances of website optimizations. If only changing a few colors of buttons to test CRO is your goal then you hire an intern. Good lord!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience at your last job?   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Vision (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied and was called within 2 days of applying. I initially conducted a phone interview with someone from the Human Resource Department at National Vision in Duluth, GA. I had a great phone interview and was sent an assessment to complete. The assessment was not your typical management assessment with multiple choice questions it included complex math and language portions. I was told that after the assessment I would be called in for an in person interview. All together the assessment took about an hour and a half to two hours in a quiet coffee shop. I completed the assessment and waited for a phone call back from HR. I heard nothing. I then emailed HR after a few days. Still heard nothing. Two weeks later I get a general email that was clearly copy and pasted with my name that’s reads: "We have selected another candidate sorry for this disappointing information." If you’re in the HR field and you treat candidates like this what does that say about your company? After investing the time to complete the process candidates don’t deserve a one to two sentenced typed personalized email? This company and HR department seem to treat potential candidates like your typical headhunter recruiting firm: recruit 50 people, and have them go through a lengthy process then blindly select one and hope it works out, if not they just repost on indeed.com in a month or so. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at National Vision (Bozeman, MT) in June 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Manager and Assistant Manager. The interview questions I was asked were pretty standard interview questions. The main focus was to see if I would be a good fit for the company culture and if I would be successful in goal driven sales.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Vision (Richmond, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

I took the initiative to drop my application off in person at the store hiring. Got a call the next week & scheduled 1st interview soon after that. A week later, I had my 2nd interview. My last interview was done by District Manager. All nice people! Some questions were similar, some were different.

I wrote "Difficult" for Interview process because of the 3 different levels of management you have to go through. However, I am comfortable with 1 on 1 interview style so it wasn't too bad.

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe myself & where I see myself in the future etc.   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Interview

Phone interview was first, and then a computer test had to be taken from home. Next was the in-person interviews with various levels of management. Interviewers were nice and not intimidating. Beautiful atmosphere.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Vision (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

It's 5 rounds of screening, and with different peoples and they requested for me sample documentation on the one of their Ecommerce company website.mist of the questions from my resume

Communications Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Vision.

Interview

Did a phone interview with the Human Resourses Rep. It was a typical interview. Nothing really noteworthy. This interview happened a while ago, but I guess they are still looking to hire the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why are you interested in us? What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Vision (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR and Department manager. One of the worst interview experiences I have had ever. I interviewed with the Accounting manager and I was told she liked me as a candidate, my resume was forwarded to HR and I subsequently had another interview with them. A week later I received a call from HR asking me to complete a pre-employment assessment which I was told would not affect the hiring decision, I completed the assessment and sent it back to HR. HR then set up a phone interview with the VP of Finance the next day in the morning. I waited for the phone interview the next and I have not heared from National Vision since then. I sent several emails to HR asking for closure on the status of the position but I got no response.

Certified Optician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Vision in May 2015.

Interview

I applied a few days later I set up the interview, at the optical location. I had an interview with the manage of the optical shop, and the whole interview took 30-40 minutes. A few days later I was given an job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time when you had a difficult customer, and how you handled the situation? Mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Optician/Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Vision (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by the Assistant Manager and Area Manager. Walked over to a near by store to conduct the interview. Assistant Manager asked most of the questions, Area manager wrapped it up.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach an associate who was dressing inappropriately?   Answer Question