National Vision Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at National Vision

2.2

Sort:

Lab Tech II Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at National Vision.

Interview

Very easy . If you get the call , you are in. Anyone can get in. They make you promises and dont keep them. Make sure everything is in black and white. If nit in 6 month they act like they do t know what you are talking about.

Interview Questions

• Was i family oriented, and close to my family   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Vision (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR and Department manager. One of the worst interview experiences I have had ever. I interviewed with the Accounting manager and I was told she liked me as a candidate, my resume was forwarded to HR and I subsequently had another interview with them. A week later I received a call from HR asking me to complete a pre-employment assessment which I was told would not affect the hiring decision, I completed the assessment and sent it back to HR. HR then set up a phone interview with the VP of Finance the next day in the morning. I waited for the phone interview the next and I have not heared from National Vision since then. I sent several emails to HR asking for closure on the status of the position but I got no response.

Optician/Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Vision (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by the Assistant Manager and Area Manager. Walked over to a near by store to conduct the interview. Assistant Manager asked most of the questions, Area manager wrapped it up.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach an associate who was dressing inappropriately?   Answer Question

Optician/Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Vision (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

It was for about 30 minutes the supervisor was very friendly.Ask a lot of questions about how I would be an asset to the job.Have I ever been fired from a job. Will I be able to perform my job duties.will I be able to keep up with the hours provided to me.

Optometrist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Vision (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

I was flown in for my interview with the recruiter and met up with a fellow optometrist. They showed me around the offices in the area and explained to me the business model and how things are run as a company. It wasn't so much of an interview as it was a meet and greet for them to know that I'm a personable person and will fit in to the company motto and environment. It wasn't daunting in the least.

Interview Questions

• They asked me am I able to work in a fast paced environment
      Am I competent in fitting contact lenses
      They asked me what area I'm looking to work in the area
      They asked me about my extracurriculars outside of work
      It was more about getting to know me as a person vs talking about the profession itself as we are all Licenced to practice doctors.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Vision (Duluth, GA) in August 2018.

Interview

Be aware that the invitation “Human Resources Department - National Vision would like to invite you to visit our Assessment Center to complete your scheduled assessment(s).” is an IQ test!!!

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Are you breathing? Can you work below poverty level?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Bad, no negotiating

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Vision.

Interview

There are usually 2 interviews. You must pass a CDA and a Criminal Background check. The background check can take as long as 2 weeks to come back depending on how many places you list you used to live at.

Negotiation

I asked for $45,000 per year, I was told they could come close. They came back with $38,000, I countered with $40,000 and they accepted.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Vision.

Interview

It was wonderful. they really were interested in knowing about me as a person my hobbies and interests wanting to know where I found my career and the next five years I could tell they were very interested in developing me as an employee and that is what matters most to me I really liked the story was clean and the coworkers rather friendly I recommend this company to anyone

Interview Questions

• I was asked how to handle the trouble customer warning the customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were great they really care about their employees. When they interviewed me I asked for $12 an hour if you she me for something more reasonable.. Commission involved with sales so I really like that part to go see a shins for health benefits dental vision was easy as they have a wonderful benefits package I recommend this company to anyone who has family or who is looking for a good insurance especially dental and vision you got two free pair of glasses each year and your family gets 50 percent off everything. I have a dental insurance and is very good

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Vision (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied and was called within 2 days of applying. I initially conducted a phone interview with someone from the Human Resource Department at National Vision in Duluth, GA. I had a great phone interview and was sent an assessment to complete. The assessment was not your typical management assessment with multiple choice questions it included complex math and language portions. I was told that after the assessment I would be called in for an in person interview. All together the assessment took about an hour and a half to two hours in a quiet coffee shop. I completed the assessment and waited for a phone call back from HR. I heard nothing. I then emailed HR after a few days. Still heard nothing. Two weeks later I get a general email that was clearly copy and pasted with my name that’s reads: "We have selected another candidate sorry for this disappointing information." If you’re in the HR field and you treat candidates like this what does that say about your company? After investing the time to complete the process candidates don’t deserve a one to two sentenced typed personalized email? This company and HR department seem to treat potential candidates like your typical headhunter recruiting firm: recruit 50 people, and have them go through a lengthy process then blindly select one and hope it works out, if not they just repost on indeed.com in a month or so. I would not recommend this company to anyone.