Nationwide Children's Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.8

Lead Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Westerville, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a VERY thorough interview process. There were four interviews in all! First with the hiring manager, then a group of three clinical directors, then a one on one with another clinic’s director, and finally a one on one with the Behavioral Health Operations Manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can bring to this role?/Why are you applying for this title?   1 Answer

Administrative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I had two interviews, and got to meet the whole administrative team to answer questions and hear about how what they enjoy about working in the specific department. It was very eye opening and calm and approachable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Lab Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Over the phone interview then in person interview. I was declined for the position for "lack of driving experience" but the interviewer gave me my salary and sample schedule during the interview.

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

No personal contact in first part of the application process. An online math test with personality questions. It seemed more psychology based with often repeated questions about work preferences. Was frustrating knowing how to answer words like "obsess" and "need". I prefer "committed to" and "prefer". It was hard to know what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Rate the level of how you "obsess" over work projects   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

Went well - thorough. I enjoyed the process, everyone was helpful and very kind. I felt open to ask a lot of questions and they encouraged me to check in

Interview Questions

• If I was available 8 am - 5pm monday thru friday   1 Answer

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH).

Interview

No interview, more like a cattle calling, grafting people in. No opportunity as an applicant for one on one time to decipher my skills, qualifications or interest…disappointing comparatively speaking to other volunteer opportunities specifically those for a volunteer in hospice which is more selective. Researched that this might become an in large hospitals, but disagree that there is not more individual screening, as far as a good process. Also I feel there are too many hands in the pot, disorganization, and other applications verbalized disappointment with lack of screening prior to group sessions, which are just training prior for an equal opportunity of questions and answers. I chose not to proceed with this opportunity and am moving forward with a very reputable, individualized, smaller volunteer opportunity in healthcare, a hospice company in Arlington.

Interview Questions

• None- all on application, questionnaire like not interview like…none designed to weed out poor candidates, or that would identify ones fit, etc.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

Interview

Full Day of Interviews and three weeks until I heard back. Some were late to show up due to traveling to site of interview and they felt rushed. Interview room was nice and parking was paid for.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. I submitted my application and got a call for an interview within the week. After the interview I was offered a job within the next week. The entire process took about 2/3 weeks.

* I did know someone who knew the manager of the position I applied for. I think that helped have my name and resume stick out.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Call interview. The interviewer didn't even remember to state her title and wanted to make sure that I was expecting her call which was 3 minutes late. Additionally, the interviewer seemed surprised that she was speaking with a male. I think she didn't want to take a chance on hiring a man in an industry dominated by women. The best part of the interview was when she said that she needs someone that can hit the ground running. I asked if the position was replacing someone that had been promoted or left the company? She replied no, it is a new position. So, how does one hit the ground running with no onboarding process? I knew then that she didn't know a thing about contemporary interviewing. It sounded like an interview from 20 years ago. I remained polite but was glad when the interview was over.

Interview Questions

• She asked me to tell her about a time when I successfully implemented a diversity and inclusion program.   1 Answer

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

It was very informal. Met with the Chief who gave me a tour and introduced me to the hiring manager where I had an on the spot interview with two separate individuals.