NatureBox Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NatureBox (Redwood City, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Initial phone interview, then on-site interview followed by a reference check. Questions were mostly job related, no tricky questions. Talked to everyone on the marketing team. Nothing else to say, stupid Glassdoor keeps telling me to write more words. Very simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous experience doing X, Y, Z (marketing related)   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NatureBox (Redwood City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with the VP chatted about tech and my experience then invited on site for a four hour interview with five people on the team. First round I was asked to build a shopping cart in React. Second round was centered around data structures, algorithms and problem solving. Third round was centered around architecture and system design. Fourth and fifth round was with VP and CTO.

The day after, I received a phone call from the recruiter that Nature Box loved me and that the VP would be extending me an offer. Waited around for two days then was told that I won't be getting an offer because it was given to someone else.

During the interview they speak of culture and a family type of environment yet they lead their candidates on, tell them they are going to extend offers then several days later, burn you by giving offers to other candidates. The entire process was a total waste of my time and I'm glad I didn't receive an offer because their true colors showed and it would have probably been a terrible experience working there.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Very typical technical interview.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NatureBox (Redwood City, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Was recommended to them by a former boss of mine, who didn't work at Naturebox but was friends with one of the executives there. First interview was over the phone with HR, and second was in person with 4-5 members of their Finance team, for 30 minutes at a time. Went weeks without hearing back from them. When I finally reached out, they told me they had decided not to hire on a new financial analyst after all.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this company? Lots of behavioral, "tell me about a time" questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NatureBox (San Carlos, CA).

Interview

very quick, needed hires quickly

Negotiation

no negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NatureBox.

Interview

Online application, phone interview, in person interview the following day. Hired within 1 week.

Negotiation

Limited negotiation, very low salary

Snack Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NatureBox (San Carlos, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Did an email test to see how you would handle situations, The second part they did a mock call, and the final step was being brought in for an interview with multiple managers.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer screaming at you over the phone? What are important aspects of customer service to you.   Answer Question

Snack Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NatureBox (San Carlos, CA).

Interview

Applied through indeed.com with my resume (no cover letter). Heard back via e-mail within a week from a customer service manager, who initially asked some questions (some of which are listed below) to respond back to in an e-mail. Had an initial phone screen with another customer service manager, then came for an in-person interview with the 3 customer service managers and the Director of Customer Service. At a later date, you have a roleplay session by phone as if you were the customer service representative, and a manger plays a disgruntled customer. Be sure to have your computer open to their website's FAQs, because they ask questions that are specific to their policies (ie. How much does an add-on snack cost?) that you would not likely know off-hand. After you complete the phone call, you receive 10 e-mails that you have an hour to respond to.

The entire process from the initial e-mail contact to when I received an offer letter was 45 days. It only took about two weeks for the phone screen/in-person interview, and remaining 30 days was waiting to hear back from them! I had another job at the time so it wasn't a time-sensitive situation, but I was concerned that they had forgotten about my application. I accepted the offer.

What
      What 5 skills do you possess that would make you a good candidate for this position?
      What are 3 adjectives that describe your work ethic?
      What are 3 metrics that are useful for measuring customer service?   Answer Question