Naval Sea Systems Command Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Naval Sea Systems Command Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.3

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Naval Sea Systems Command.

Interview

30 minute interview with no technical questions. Make sure to read the USAJOBS.gov application process carefully and apply for the highest GS that you can. Interviews are not required for all positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced a challenging situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Naval Sea Systems Command (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was over the phone. Set up and interview to my time convenience (due to difference in time zones and being a college student). Interview started with the interviewer explaining their experience working there: how long they've worked there, how they got the job, how they've risen in the ranks, and different projects they've worked on and overseen. This was followed by a typical question and answer interview with general interview questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Naval Sea Systems Command in April 2016.

Interview

I initially applied during an on-campus visit in October 2015. They called me for a second interview during mid-April (2016), and proceeded to a tentative offer a month afterwards. The interview process was fairly straightforward. Most of the interview was an overview of the vacancy, yet they did ask a few questions regarding personal work experience and other job-related preferences.

Interview Questions

• "How were you able to face a constraint/problem during your bachelor's degree and overcome it?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Naval Sea Systems Command (Mechanicsburg, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

The overall interview was quick, it only took twenty minutes and it was over the phone. There was four people on a conference interviewing me, and they were doing most of the talking during the interview process. Because of how the pay scale is set up they really do stress making sure your committed to the job.

Nuclear Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Naval Sea Systems Command (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

It started just like any other interview. They asked pretty much my qualifications and internships. They asked about my character and how I handle certain situations. As a military veteran, it wasn't something e never ran into especially because I was in engineering department. Overall, it was a decent interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle people that was slacking in your team?   Answer Question

Public Affairs Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Naval Sea Systems Command.

Interview

phone interview via conference call. three members on the panel asked an assortment of philosophical and business questions, discussed the expectations and allowed me the chance to ask my own questions. It was a comfortable experience, although I would have preferred face-to-face because I think that's more personal. To be fair, I was out of state, so this was practical.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a time when I had to overcome an obstacle to accomplish my mission, also asked what I was most proud of professionally   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bremerton, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Naval Sea Systems Command (Bremerton, WA).

Interview

I remember it to be fairly standard and low stress. There were no surprise or trick questions. It was largely just a conversation about skills, education and desired direction of career hope.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Naval Sea Systems Command.

Interview

There was no interview process and was solely based on the resume submitted. They are looking for specific roles so if a manager wants help with IT, then they will look for information system majors. Once selected you will go through a background check which can take a while before you can start working. They gauge your skill once you are selected for the job.

Interview Questions

• What IT experience do you have and what type of back end coding languages are you familiar with?   Answer Question

Nuclear Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kittery, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Naval Sea Systems Command (Kittery, ME) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied for this and other positions on USA jobs. Finally got a bite from a government agency. They flew me out to the facility. They paid for everything, reimbursed after many may months.Interviewed for multiple positions. Got an offer after many months. Took the job because of the benefits.

Summer Hire Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Naval Sea Systems Command (Washington, DC).

Interview

Basically all I did was submit my resume via email. I was a freshman in college at the time. The company contacted me for a Summer Hire Position without any interviews, strangely enough. It probably helped that I knew a manager there, who was the father of a friend I had when I was in high school. Most people do not hear about this job unless they know someone working there.

Interview Questions

• There was no interview, but getting through security was a rather long and difficult process.   Answer Question