NetBrain Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NetBrain Technologies (Burlington, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone call with HR recruiter followed up by an in person interview with 4 people. Separately - VP, team lead and two co workers.

Interview Questions

• Questions were job specific such as how to work with upset customers. Very straight forward. Looking to ensure a good job fit and corporate fit.   Answer Question

Junior Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NetBrain Technologies.

Interview

Completely Bad Experience. HR asking the technical questions who have no idea what they are. Second round was demonstration of their tool to an Asian who is difficult to understand. I believe the demo should be the other way round. Trying to sell their tool to companies mentioned as previous experience in our resume. I think it is their strategy to find clients by keeping a open position, so that the resumes come in where they can find some companies who are not using their tool.

Interview Questions

• Subnetting, OSPF area, EIGRP SIA, Route table   1 Answer

NetBrain Technologies Response

Dec 16, 2014 – Global Head of HR

Our recruitment team works to serve the needs of the candidate and the manager in unison. From the candidate perspective, we aim to provide a quality candidate experience with timely communication... More

Junior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NetBrain Technologies (Burlington, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

At first, the HR set up a phone interview where she asked stuff on my resume and my background before asking about 10 technical questions. Most of them were okay, but it caught me off guard. You don't normally expect HRs to ask you technical questions. She didn't even know if my answers were right or not. So basically she wrote down all my answers whether or not she understood it and sent it to the hiring manager for review. I managed to do well enough for her to set up a web interview with the Chief Technology Officer person at the company. She told me to study a demo of THEIR software which was tough to understand at times and said that the CTO expected me to explain THEIR software for 30 mins on the phone interview. I mean, shouldn't it be the other way around? Wherein the company explains to you about their software and you learn from it? She just told me to look at their demo video, download their software and learn it. I was baffled. First of all, the demo wasn't explained all that well. Even though I had a CCNA and knew all the commands for configurations of routers and switches, I found it difficult to understand. And also, that software runs only on windows. Doesn't run on Macintosh, which is what I use. So even bigger problem.

I told her the problem and she said it won't be an issue. So once the web interview began with the help of a GoTo Meeting software, I spoke with the CTO person who was Asian and I could barely understand what he was saying. Had to ask him to repeat his questions at times, and even when I answered them he still kept asking the same questions over and over again. I was still able to answer most of them. Later on, he gave me a Thinking Outside The Box type question, which took some time to figure out the answer for. In the meanwhile, he asked if I had any questions for him. So I asked him about the company and what this position entails. He started explaining and I tried to understand it to my best ability. The web interview connection broke down. Neither had I answered that Thinking Outside The Box question nor did he explain anything about the company/position. So the decent thing to do would be to give a PHONE call, right? Well, this person told me to directly follow up with the HR. Basically said, intervew = over. I mean, what on earth was that? You'd expect a person who is a CTO at a company to have some sort of professionalism, right? This guy was apathetic towards his candidate and couldn't care less. That was disgusting tbh.

I had seen the reviews before the interview, and they weren't good. So my interest in the company wasn't great to begin with. But after this interview, I decided to not follow up with them and to reject them if they came up with any further interviews or onsite interview. Never wanna deal with such unprofessional people in my life.

Interview Questions

• Most were straight forward. Questions on OSPF Area Backbone, DHCP, Subnetting were asked during the HR. During the interview with CTO, he was asking stuff about telnet and SSH, ARP and Routing table scenarios and also configuration of cisco routers/switches commands.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetBrain Technologies.

Interview

The phone interview is quite easy. It's mainly about me background and a couple of general problems, such as describe yourself etc.Then I got the on site.

There are three part of on site.
    First is a exam including 20 multiple choices, about pointer, tree, and graph.
    Then is a coding test, a very easy question. It is reverse the input int. If the input is 12345, then output 54321.
    At least, I talked with the dept manager, because netbrain is a small company. We talked about my resume and background. And then he asked a question about algorithm, also an easy question, but I didn't solve it.

In summary, questions are easy. But at that time, I am not fully prepared and lack of experience. So I didn't pass. What a pity.

Interview Questions

• Input is an array, return the index, which value is larger than all values before it, and smaller than all values after it.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetBrain Technologies (Burlington, MA) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online, it took one week. Recruiter contacted me to talk a bit about my resume and asked me to do a onsite interview in Burlington. Onsite interview first was to take a paper test about C++ concepts, then 1:1 interview with manager.

Chief Financial Officer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NetBrain Technologies.

Interview

If only there were a process. They have you complete this online application, and establish a password, etc. There's even a dashboard to get a status update. However, my status is "under review" after 4 months. Either say you're passing, or not interested, or interview the person. They've had this CFO role posted for quite a while. I truly question if they've spoken to anyone. Even some of the local search firms have commented about other applicants expressing frustration with their process. Again, that presumes there might actually be a process.

Interview Questions

• Still waiting to find out if I get an interview after 4 months of being under review.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetBrain Technologies (Burlington, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

Highly professional and indepth interview process. That said, it appeared to be one-sided as I felt that I was being tested/graded on my competency for the role/company vs. having an interactive discussion to determine if there was a mutual fit.

Interview Questions

• Providing a set of project/program samples in advance of the interview, and then having to defend tactics vs. focusing on the strategy behind the activities and the results generated.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetBrain Technologies in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online - had a phone interview - mostly standard questions. The interviewer is a contract HR person to the company. She was pleasant and seemed knowledgeable. The interview lasted for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project that you managed that failed and why.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetBrain Technologies (Burlington, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Short, Nothing excited as they were hiring to fill the position and also to make sure they claim that they're very busy but it was not at all. Same process is going on for while to avoid the trouble.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetBrain Technologies (Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was very professional and answered my questions in a professional manner. I was interviewing them as much as they were interviewing me. The recruiter called me on time, and kept to the allotted time frame.

Interview Questions

• Why are you in the market for new employment?   1 Answer

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NetBrain Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen, basic questions about software scalability. Nothing very difficult nor complex. The product seemed interesting enough. The interviewer was very obviously annoyed when I couldn't understand one of his questions due to a bad connection. I didn't get an offer but to be honest I got the feeling this is one of those positions they really don't want to fill unless you have the correct cultural background. Do your research about this company before applying.