NetBrain Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
NetBrain Technologies Chairman & CEO Lingping Gao
Lingping Gao

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The management staff they are bringing in are some of the best in the industry, and the company is growing like crazy (in 7 reviews)

• Friday lunch, snacks provided, flexible dress code, friendly co-workers, and you are able to work from home if the weather is bad (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing really fast, so there are some growth pains here (which is common for fast-growing company) (in 8 reviews)

• still working out the growing pains, but to be expected (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great culture, enjoyable place to work on a serious growth trajectory!"

Current Employee - Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture is one of a kind and reminds me of a start up containing nice people, fun atmosphere and leadership that cares about its employee base. One of the few companies in this area that is experiencing 45% growth and a product that has no competitors. Company is poised to become even better over the next 5 years. Company provided snacks, beverages, Friday catered lunches, comfortable office space. Worksite is close to highways, free parking, onsite gym/cafeteria and close to malls/restaurants/shops. Pay and bonus is above pay rates and competitive with other area companies.

Cons

Some growing pains like any other company experiencing the tremendous growth year over year.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The product is great and the company will become even better over time. Other reviews complain about management but I am not seeing anything to complain about seeing company revenue and growth are on the right track.

Dec 28, 2017 – Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We value the opinions of our employees and take our reviews very seriously. We are glad you enjoy working for us and we hope to continue to make improvements for our... More

2. "Not only incompetent but dishonest"

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

I really can't think of any

Cons

Anyone who reads the Glassdoor reviews of NetBrain will see the kind of incompetence the CEO brings to the party. I won't rehash these points. BTW all negative reviews of NetBrian are absolutely true and the positive ones are fake.

Over and above incompetence, in Q3 and Q4 2017 managements behavior went to dishonesty (and if they were a public company criminal). Several large high 6 figure / low 7 figure deals were not going to come in the timeframe that was acceptable to management so they booked the revenue anyway. Let me repeat that THEY BOOKED REVENUE WITHOUT A PURCHASE ORDER. And they did it very publicly. Shady and wrong for a private company and criminal for a public one. This is just a long laundry list of reason why anyone of is considering NetBrain shouldn't do it.

If they are willing to bend the rules for this, what else will they bend the rules on? What else will they lie about?

Advice to Management

If you become a public company (which will never happen) I hope the management likes wearing the color orange!!

"Proceed with Caution"

I worked at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

Great people. Great work life balance. Work will rarely go home with you, mostly due to the fact that work is discouraged from being done remotely so when you're home, you rarely need to work.

Cons

It is nearly impossible to influence how decisions are made. Feedback is typically ignored. There are many incredibly talented people at NetBrain though the company does not make any effort to take advantage of the available talent because leadership operates as if they are the most intelligent people in the room and therefore should not need to seek input from anyone outside of the team. This is the most difficult part about working for this company is the most eager, capable people join the company and are immediately deflated because it is clear from day 1 they will never be able to make the impact they're capable of. This applies to all roles in all departments. The pay is fair though I could also argue they are paying people too much if all they expect of people is to just do what they say. Mediocrity is the norm here. People can coast and do the bare minimum and still have a job month after month, which is another reason high performing individuals do not last long here. There is so much potential at NetBrain but the company just can't get out of it's own way.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people and be willing to actually listen to feedback vs. being defensive.

Dec 28, 2017 – Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and the time you took to write this review. We will utilize your comments as we continue to grow to make necessary improvements. We value all of our employee populations... More

"random review"

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

Good culture, benefit, work and life balance

Cons

Managements (people management) are not that experienced
    In some department, management mainly works on process/plan/procedure/meeting, but the implementation part is not that strong

Advice to Management

1. pay more resource and attention to systemically understand what end users really need and expect; pay more attention on end user experience of the product
    2. limit goals, correctly identify and focus on key points of product requirement, streamline resource and process on it

Dec 28, 2017 – Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback. We appreciate your comments and take this forum very seriously for future improvements.

"Open communication & teamwork top the list"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with NetBrain Technologies for over 2 years and do not plan on leaving anytime soon. We've developed software that addresses a need in the network mapping space and we continually improve its capabilities. We have excellent benefits (medical/dental/vision) along with other company perks that include lunches provided every Friday and activities that promote teamwork.

Cons

Tele-commuting is not an option here, but I'm not salty about it. Coming into an office is actually nice because it fosters collaboration among peers.
    We are experiencing growing pains, but that's to be expected in a company that sees positive growth year over year.

Advice to Management

Focus on the goal, stick with a solid plan and we'll see the rewards.

Sep 8, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of NetBrain. I’m happy to hear that your time with us has been positive, and I hope you continue to grow with us.

While we do not have a formal... More

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've never posted on Glassdoor but I felt I had to based on the inaccuracy of a recent posting. I'm not a top performing Account Executive but I’m working toward meeting my quota. The recent posting does not paint an accurate picture of leadership especially the sales leadership and I was compelled to write this.

- Surrounded by people who love what they do; Intelligent and caring colleagues
    - Strong leadership
    - Exceptional product
    - Transparent from the top down
    - Room for growth, incredible benefits and excellent compensation that rewards strong performance

The CEO and Executive team have a profound impact on the success of NetBrain and the right team is in place. They take excellent care of their employees and customers and I think they don’t know any other way to do business. People come first, no matter what is going on and in turn employees are happy, strive for the best they can be, and take care of each other and their customers.

The quality of the sales organization is directly related to the SVP of Sales who is fixated on target, deadline driven, self disciplined and focused on achieving revenue goals. Our SVP makes you want to be the best; the mentality is the SVP works for all of us. Holds themselves and the sales team to a higher level of accountability has excellent sales intuition and advice; coaches by example and always adding value to customer meetings. The sales teams are kept motivated and always moving with a sense of urgency. Strong, strategic, sales leadership who uses their experience and plots the best course of action to maximize sales revenue, whether it is segmenting the market into verticals, deploying and training specialized sales teams or taking control and closely monitoring sales process, performance and training to improve under-performing Account Executives.

Cons

Travel time/commute to work. I wish the company was around the corner.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, keep supporting your people and continue to move forward and the rest will follow.

Dec 28, 2017 – Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

We appreciate the time taken to write this thoughtful review. Our company takes these comments and suggestions very seriously and we will continue to use these reviews to make improvements to our... More

"Still not sure who we are, but we're nice."

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, I like everyone I run into and interact with. I have more interesting things to do than time to do them, I'm never bored. I'm also paid pretty well for my time and effort. Sounds base, but no one works for free.

Cons

Wish we did more things together as departments and a company. I remember volunteer days fondly, but NetBrain doesn't have those. I also wish there was a clearer path for being at the company long term, for everyone.

Advice to Management

Have clearer steps towards your goal, how everyone is going to get there month by month and quarter by quarter. It's great to talk about the end goal, but what about all the steps to get there? Talk to people more, and if some of what you get back isn't rosy accept it and adjust. You have lots of good people, make sure you're listening to all of them.

"Fast growing high energy company that values employees and new ideas."

Current Employee - Customer Support in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing. The energy is high. The people are friendly. Customers are intellectual and excited. There is so much to learn. The benefits are high-average and free lunches on fridays are excellent! There is a nice onboarding program where each group of new hires have several 20 min meet and greets with the VPs for a department presentation. It's a nice way to understand the company goals and get to know the people in leadership personally.

Cons

As a new employee, I'm not seeing what other previous negative reviews are reporting. With any fast growing company, one has to be willing to change, adapt, go with the flow and sometimes work a little harder. Flexibility and open communication is key.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Keep encouraging balance and rewarding great teamwork. Friday lunches, free snacks and coffee as well as excellent benefits are appreciated!

"Run...and Run FAST!"

Pros

The people. They're really amazing, smart, and talented workers here that make for a great family like feel.

Cons

EVERYTHING. The only good thing is a few of the people above that make the work day bearable. Believe the bad reviews here because based on my experience, each and everyone is as accurate as the next. Also, beware they place fake positive reviews to boost up the Glassdoor score....rather than doing the obvious thing which would be to revisit how the company is functioning and fix it.

Forget having a voice here or being able to share your opinion or ideas, that get's thrown out the window. You are just a puppet for your manager to control (at least the "original" managers with disgusting lack of management ability).

It may sound like I am bashing the company, but this is based on my experience as an employee that started out rather excited and happy about the job and quickly learned the truth.

There are some serious changes that need to be made and that starts with some of the "original management" that NEEDS training.

Dec 28, 2017 – Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your comments and the time taken to provide this review. We continue to use this forum to make the necessary adjustments and improvements and your review will assist us with our... More

"Dysfunctional Sales Department"

Former Employee - Sales in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Burlington, MA

I worked at NetBrain Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company protects mediocrity so if you want to rest from your home life and get caught up on the news and daily gossip, well this is the place for you.

Cons

Bullying and fiefdoms, as a result of aforementioned dysfunction. Fear rules.

Advice to Management

Get rid of dead wood everywhere. But I believe it to too late.