NetBrain Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
NetBrain Technologies Chairman and CEO Lingping Gao
Lingping Gao

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Nice co-workers, free lunch on Fridays; U" (in 10 reviews)

• "The management staff they are bringing in are some of the best in the industry, and the company is growing like crazy" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "With any fast growing company, one has to be willing to change, adapt, go with the flow and sometimes work a little harder" (in 7 reviews)

• "still working out the growing pains, but to be expected" (in 6 reviews)

"Good company with a lot of undeserving negative reviews"

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

NetBrain is a great fast growing company. I have been here for more than three years and during that time, I had phenomenal opportunities for professional growth in my role.

I looked through negative reviews that appeared within the last two months and was surprised to find the writing style and tones of the reviews strikingly similar. I found it suspicious that many of the phrases or specific wordings are the same...

Here are my views on NetBrain:
    ● 40% growth year after year is not super star performance, but still very strong.
    ● Leadership and management can always improve as I have seen over the last couple years, but the company’s impressive growth shows that the current management is doing well.
    ● NetBrain’s financial statements are clean and successfully audited by one of the big Four accounting firms. The rumors about company GAAP revenue is not only baseless but also malicious.
    ● Sales bookings is one of the metrics that NetBrain measures its performance. The definition of sales bookings I found online is “The Sales Bookings metric measures the value of bookings over a given time period, where a "booking" is a won, signed, or committed sale. It's important to note that a booking isn't necessarily invoiceable until you have delivered the product or completed the required services.” The sales bookings metrics used at NetBrain exactly follows this definition. Sales bookings is not GAAP revenue. I suggest negative reviewers about NetBrain’s sales bookings practice get educated on this.
    ● NetBrain is not a start up any more, but still small enough to adjust and change as needed. As the world changes, companies will adapt. Less red tape here than some other companies. Over time, the good changes stick and the bad ones are replaced. I have participated discussed changes with my team and understand why they are needed for improvement.
    ● I look around and see a company full of A players. My coworkers are not only smart, but they also have great attitudes and some will be my friends for a lifetime.
    ● There's a great collaborative culture that allows me to walk over to resolve issues with different departments or come up with new innovative ideas with my coworkers.
    ● I don’t see unhealthy amount of attrition. The job market is very hot, yet we are able to hire at a faster pace.

Cons

There's nothing specific at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Career growth is good for me"

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

: I am working at NetBrain for 3+ years and this is my first job after school. I would like to say that no company in the world is perfect or is a good fit for everyone. During the past 3+ years, I learned a lot of new skills and had fun working with my team. I am happy with my career growth at NetBrain.
    NetBrain is growing really fast during the past several years, so there are some growth pains that all the fast-growing companies encounter. But as far as I can see, the senior management team and the middle management team are listening to the employees and working together to improve and grow the company.

Cons

As I mentioned, there are some growth pains like every fast-growing company.

"A pretty decent company to work for"

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

Customers love our technology. No real competition.

Cons

Base salary may not be as high as some other companies, but bonus is high in comparison, so total comp is fair.

"Horrible"

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

Decently successful despite the leader

Cons

All negative reviews are true. I’ve personally solicited favorable reviews from our staff.

Lingping is a fraud.

Product has major flaws. Trying to capture market with half naked functionality. Makes no sense.

Just received training on a new module that took 6 months to get pricing for. New features don’t offer value.

We’ve been told not to sell certain features by the techies because they don’t work. Should be fixed in 2 releases. Nice.

Product release process sucks. CEO announces product is released, gives China a week off for their “hard work”... then bug and bug.

I guess the entire company should be getting 6 months off a year because we all have to work hard to polish a turd.

Advice to Management

Hire a real CEO and COO, and I guess a CFO now. Ask yourself why everyone is leaving?

"great product and technology"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworker.
    Good location with lot of places to eat near by.
    Basketball court rental.
    Pingpong table. Free Gym.
    Free snack, fruits and beverage.
    Free Friday lunch.

Product is outstanding in the industry and has lots of potential. Many of the features are quite innovative. As a software developer, there are lots of challenges to take on and lots of new opportunities to get hands dirty. I'm very impressed by how fast the team adapts to the new technology and architecture. The company is still in need of experienced developer and architect in the domain of machine learning, parallel processing, task scheduling, website operation...

Cons

fast pace and very challenging. I will write more as I discover more.

"Why"

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

None. Read all the other negative reviews and then turn and run away!!

Cons

Why anyone would willingly go to work for this company is beyond me. Just read the plethora of bad reviews and realize that they are absolutely 100% true and not just one person with sour grapes. Also realize that it is from multiple disciplines within the company (finance, sales, marketing just to name a few). Much like smoking, just do yourself a favor and don't start.

Advice to Management

Get a clue.

"Not the best place to grow your career"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Free lunch on Friday
    - Some of the managers were great until they decided to leave the company.
    - The product itself isn't too bad. It's just there is a ton of competition now and usually, the software releases are pushed to customers WAY too early.

Cons

I didn't even want to bother with spending time on this, but the way this company operates is similar to a square wheel on a car. My hope is to help prevent someone from making the same mistake I did. Everyone that I highly respected has moved on from here. It is now a very slow and painful place to be. At one point there was a personal data breach on every single employee in the company. They provided a credit monitoring service to remedy this issue. I strongly regret being involved in such a mess.

The senior leadership in this company will likely continue to steer the ship into the oncoming iceberg up ahead. It's unfortunate because at one point it seemed like the company was making a few good strides. Things really started going downhill back in late 2016. This was after some major reorganization with senior management. The past year has felt like a downward spiral working here. There is no positive culture in the office. It's actually very quiet. So much that you could hear a pin drop on the carpet. No ringing phones, No excitement or a feeling of being on a mission. It's just a plain office environment where everyone seems unhappy.

Advice to Management

N/A

"Engineer"

I worked at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

Lot of opportunities for growth if you are fresh out of college

Friday Lunch is an added bonus

Cons

No personal development in career since the priorities from upper management change every 6 months

Advice to Management

Make up your mind and define the product and then act on it. STOP making changes every 6 months!

"Account Executive"

I worked at NetBrain Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome Solution, great technical staff

Cons

Had identity theft event, sales admin is weak, managers have favorites

Advice to Management

Replace sales admin group

"Early signs are all positive"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

I'm only a few weeks in so if I uncover anything more I'll keep you all updated. My experiences so far have been great.
    - Location: Burlington has a lot going on so there's that, but for me it is great that there's an express bus that goes from alewife to network drive. It's 30 minutes (bus 351)
    - Benefits & such- I'm happy with the compensation and benefits package- it's competitive and more than reasonable. Free coffee is actually good, and there's snacks and free lunch on fridays (catered, also tasty)
    - Culture- So far there's been a culture focused on inclusivity. Everyone has been welcoming and happy that I've joined the team.
    - Interview process- mine was a little drawn out but they made some changes on the recruiting team and are focusing on streamlining and speeding things up. I was a little uncomfortable trying to make decision due to some of the negative reviews on here, so I asked to shadow for a day. This isn't the norm but my new manager wanted to make sure this was a good fit for both of us and made it happen. I appreciated the flexibility and concern for my needs

The biggest pro for me is that my job is helping to launch an insights team that will open communication lines internally and with users. If ideas and feedback fell on deaf ears before, the company is making serious efforts to change that.

Cons

- There's a steep learning curve--- the software is very robust and if you don't know Networking, you've got to spend some time getting up to speed.
    - half con: The product & development team speaks Chinese primarily, even in the Burlington office. I was the first native English speaker on the technology team (not the whole office) so I've really thrown a wrench in things. Although the language barrier can be difficult at times, I'm thorough impressed by the enthusiasm and welcome I've been shown --- Those who I've worked with are actively trying to improve their english and are happy that I joined the team. Although there's some funny "misspeaks" and a few clarifying questions, most of my colleagues' english is much better than they think.

This isn't a con to me, but it was mentioned by others as one: The CEO is involved with decisions, and some are minor, but he's been taking a step back as they're growing so rapidly. He has a keen awareness for the user and is trying to get everyone to think big and focus on solving customer needs.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster an inclusive family-like environment by putting employees and customers first. Also continue to encourage innovation and motivation, as that's the key to creating great products and happy people.

NetBrain Technologies Response

Jan 18, 2018 – Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We are always striving to be a best in class place to work and we value the opinions of our employees and take our Glassdoor reviews very seriously. We are glad so far... More