NetBrain Technologies Reviews

Updated May 2, 2021

4.0
NetBrain Technologies Chairman and CEO Lingping Gao
Lingping Gao
Pros
  • "There is free lunch provided to the company every Friday(in 22 reviews)

• "Everything is state of the art, and they give free lunch on Fridays(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Same problems you will see in every growing company(in 9 reviews)

• "growth phase brings growing pains(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Fun, fast-paced environment

Dec 20, 2020 - Sales Representative in Burlington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

In the last year I’ve grown more in my abilities than I have in the previous 5 years combined. Management don’t believe in complacency, so before you start getting bored, they’re already giving you new challenges to tackle. It keeps things interesting and keeps you on your toes in the best way.

Cons

It’s not exactly a con, but you need to be able to keep up with how quickly things move around here.

Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thanks for your feedback! It's great to hear that your time here has been a positive experience. We do like to keep things fast paced! Creating, enhancing, marketing and selling a truly innovative and disruptive technology isn't easy or everybody would be doing it, but it's certainly rewarding! There have been changes over the past few years at NetBrain, particularly in sales, but lots of those changes were absolutely necessary for us to achieve the kind of growth we aspire to! We've made the change from perpetual to subscription licenses. We've started utilizing the channel for the first time over the past couple of years, and we've built a great field sales team after being entirely inside previously. We appreciate your suggestions and are always trying our best to find people who will thrive and utilize them to maximize that potential. We're excited to make 2021 a great year. Thanks again for your feedback!

2. 5.0

Drama-free work environment

May 2, 2021 - Software Engineer in Burlington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is absolutely NO petty gossip or workplace drama. The work environment is very professional and everyone keeps things civil and respectable.

Cons

The workload has been intense recently and medical is on the expensive side.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to establish a career

Apr 28, 2021 - Presales Engineer in Burlington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve only been with the company for 2 years and I can already say that I’ve set the foundations for a solid career in tech. I have a very defined path I’ll be following in my time with the company and I’ve worked with my manager to figure out where I want to be in the next 5, 10, and even 40 years with the company and how exactly I can get there. I’m excited for what the future holds and that’s because it looks very, very bright!

Cons

You have to be the kind of person who takes initiative to do well here. If you aren’t self-motivated and driven, I’m not sure your experience here will be as good as you’d expect it to be.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Management made huge improvements in the last year!

Mar 14, 2021 - Software Engineer in Burlington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s like an entirely new company! They’ve completely restructured the marketing and sales departments, made key changes to important positions, empowered employees who have been working hard for them and proven themselves, and entirely re-made the company’s training program. We have an amazing product and now we finally have the right team and the right mindset to make the massive success of this company that I’ve known was possible since the day I was hired on. I’m excited for the company’s future and even more excited to be an integral part of it!

Cons

Our numbers were down and we couldn’t figure out why. Now we’ve got a better sense of things and the future is looking bright! Hopefully we don’t encounter any more issues as we move into 2021.

2 people found this review helpful

Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for reviewing us! It's great to hear so much positivity about the future outlook. We're thrilled about where we're headed and we recognize the importance of empowering our people. We've got smart, creative problem solvers across the company and we've put some fantastic leaders in place to facilitate a surge in growth. The product is disruptive and with the upcoming release of version 10 there is so much to be excited about. 2020 was certainly a challenging year on a number of levels, but we're moving onward and upward. I appreciate your advice to Management. We've actually already begun to address this with a new hire in a brand new role reporting to the CEO's office that will combine Strategy, Project Management, Customer Success and Business Transformation. We believe that with somebody focused on strategic projects and complex business challenges we can take the preventative measures that you talked about when it comes to overcoming obstacles. Thanks again for the feedback!

5. 5.0

My experience at NetBrain

Apr 12, 2021 - Sales Executive in Burlington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I wanted to write a review because I’m so utterly appalled at everything I’ve been reading on this site. Believe me or not, I really don’t care, but I want to make a few things clear right off the bat. I am NOT a manager at the company. I was not forced to write this review. No one at the company even suggested I should. This is my complete and honest opinion of my experience at NetBrain over the past 3 and a half years. First of all, NetBrain isn’t a perfect company. Not even close. In fact, I would have given the company 4 stars instead of 5 if I thought that its current rating was an accurate reflection of what it’s like to work here. Since it isn’t, I chose to give it an extra star to make up for all of the reviews that are so blatantly an excuse for disgruntled ex-employees to take out all of their vitriol and anger on an otherwise better-than-average company. In my opinion, all these 1-star reviews that say things like “stay away” and “worst company ever” are no different than an ex-partner going behind your back and saying all kinds of nasty, untrue things about you just because they’re hurt. They blow the worst parts of the relationship out of proportion and completely forget about all the good. Obviously, since I haven’t been fired from the company, you should take that into consideration when reading my review. But no more and no less than you should consider how/why ex-employees left and how that will affect their reviews. In almost 4 years at NetBrain I have never once felt belittled, devalued, or unappreciated by anyone in management. That being said, I do think they have to work on their communication with their employees and also find new and better ways of praising and rewarding employees who go above and beyond what’s expected. Annual reviews are consistent and always well organized. But although I’ve been praised in private during these reviews, I think it would also be a nice touch for the company to find a way to praise hard workers in a more public setting as well. My starting salary wasn’t anything spectacular, but I’m now making more than I ever expected when I was first hired on. As far as work/life balance goes, I also have enough time off to spend my extra money on fun trips with my family. There have been times where management needed me to stay late or come in at the last-minute, but these instances were far fewer than the weeks where I worked as expected and spent my weekends relaxing at home. I like my colleagues well enough. I get along better with some than others. I’m sure there are people in the office who see everyone as extended family, and I’m sure there are others who would rather work in a window-less room completely alone. I’d say I (and most of my coworkers) are somewhere in between. We don’t have issues with anyone, but we also aren’t trying to be everyone’s best friend. I think what shocked me the most about all of the negative reviews on here now that I’m actually writing mine out is how much they’ve blown a fairly average company experience out of proportion. I would bet my entire life’s savings that there are FFAAARRR more companies to work for that are worse than NetBrain than there are companies that are better. When it comes down to it, it’s a great job that I’m good at. I know what to expect. I’m treated with respect. It’s close to where I live and I make enough for my family to live a comfortable life.

Cons

I’ve said everything I need to say.

4 people found this review helpful

Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you so much for putting so much thought into this post. Your feedback helps and we're very pleased to hear that your tenure here was generally very positive. As your post says, we're not perfect, and we don't think any company is, so it's important to get this kind of helpful feedback as we strive to improve. It's so funny that you mention coming up with a system for recognition, because I swear, honest-to-goodness, that was a topic that was brought up in the Global HR staff meeting today and it is very much a priority. We've had an "kudos" recognition program that has applauded people for quality work in the monthly company newsletter, The NetBrainer, but we're going to spend some time strategizing on what more we can do to reward those who stand out and we hope to implement something in the coming weeks. Thanks again for your honest, direct and thorough feedback. All the best in your new endeavors!

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overwhelmingly positive experience from start to finish

Apr 20, 2021 - Presales Engineer in Burlington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had a good run at NetBrain Tech. I enjoyed working with my colleagues. Got an incredible amount of experience. Left on good terms with just about everybody. And I don’t regret a single minute of the time I spent here.

Cons

The only con for me was how difficult it seemed like it would be to work my way up. I want a place where I can grow a lot in a short amount of time.

Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback! We're thrilled to hear that the experience was positive and that you gained a lot from it. We also appreciate the constructive criticism. We understand the importance of professional development to our employees and want to make sure that a growth path is there for them. The HR team has been working on implementing several programs that we hope will more clearly define what that development looks like, but in the meantime I'd encourage you to talk to your manager about what you hope to get out of your time here. As always, HR is here to listen if and try to help if that's not a conversation you're comfortable having. We absolutely encourage people to talk first to their direct manager if there is an internal job posting that they're interested in applying for, and we will put you through the interview process to give you every opportunity to take the next step. Thanks again for the positive and constructive feedback! All the best to you!

7. 5.0

Like one big family

Apr 11, 2021 - Presales Engineer in Burlington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture is just the best here. All of my colleagues are exceptional and even the management team is unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. Working here has shown me just how much the people you work with can make or break your entire work experience.

Cons

We had a few false starts this year on new projects, but we’ve finally gotten into a rhythm with everything happening out in the world and things are starting to look up!

Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for your feedback on your experience at NetBrain! Every piece of feedback, positive and negative is helpful. In this case, we're certainly grateful for the kind words, but we always want to get better. I'm sure it can sound corny, but we do try to think of NetBrain as a family when we make decisions on who we're bringing on board. It's important to us to hire people who can add value, but also people who will be positive additions to the company culture we care so much about. You indicated that you're part of the Pre-Sales team, so your positive experience with management and your team in general comes as no surprise. Our pre-sales manager is about as likeable a person as I've come across at any company and we've been fortunate to hire some really awesome people on that team. It's great to hear that you're feeling the positive momentum and we want to keep it that up. While "false starts" as you put it are probably inevitable at some point (no company bats 1.000), we want to do everything we can to minimize them, so if you have feedback on how those can be avoided in the future, we want to hear your ideas! Whether you share it with your direct manager or the HR team, we are listening and we want to get better. Thanks again so much for your feedback!

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Strong product, easy to sell, good job

Apr 28, 2021 - Sales Associate in Burlington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

the product is very easy to sell very good job at a very good company nice people work here

Cons

lots of work to do

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

I enjoyed my time at NetBrain

Apr 26, 2021 - Sales Executive in Burlington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay Regular hours Flexible schedule Friendly coworkers Good experience

Cons

Benefits are expensive Cultural differences were difficult to manage

10. 5.0

Incredibly talented staff

Apr 6, 2021 - Sales Representative in Burlington, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I loved working here. The job itself had its ups and downs, but every moment I spent here was worth it for the community of people I met and had the privilege of working with. I moved on out of necessity, but I greatly enjoyed my time here.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind, at least nothing out of the ordinary of working in an office environment.

Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thanks for your feedback! We're incredibly proud of the culture we've cultivated and the people that are a part of the team and it's great to hear that validation from the people who've worked here. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the NetBrain community. We've got lots of work to do and we're not perfect. Growing from where we're at to where we want to be is hard to do, but we've got an exceptional product and really awesome people. The journey can be a challenge, but it's one we're very excited for. While we appreciate your perspective that every company has their ups and downs. It's so true. But that being said, we do strive to be better and I recommend to you or anyone else that has solid constructive criticism to please share it. Whether it's on Glassdoor, with your direct manager or the HR team, we want to hear it so we can continue getting better. Thanks again for your feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 149 Reviews