NetBrain Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
NetBrain Technologies Chairman and CEO Lingping Gao
Lingping Gao

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Everything is state of the art, and they give free lunch on Fridays" (in 8 reviews)

• "The management staff they are bringing in are some of the best in the industry, and the company is growing like crazy" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "still working out the growing pains, but to be expected" (in 7 reviews)

• "There can be a language barrier at times as some employees are still learning English, but there is always someone there to interpret if need be" (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Top Notch Product / Great Colleagues / Massive Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

company is positioning itself to go next-level.
    massive opportunity for company and employees.
    collaborative and collegial work environment.
    good benefits and perks.

Cons

growth phase brings growing pains. stay focused on key initiatives...

Advice to Management

New management is the real deal. make more hires like them.
    push sales and hold them accountable.

Jan 23, 2019 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and the time you took to write this review. We will utilize your comments as we continue to grow to make necessary improvements. We value all of our employee populations... More

"Great workplace to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Systems Solutions Engineer in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Systems Solutions Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NetBrain has the most powerful product and technology in field of Network Automation. Employee can learn cutting edge technologies here. The company is focused on providing the best customer service and keeping good relationship with customers. The company is very organized and mature. They have great working environment, great culture and great people. I enjoyed every minute working for NetBrain!

Cons

I haven't found any cons so far.

Jan 31, 2019 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We are always striving to be a best in class place to work and we value the opinions of our employees and take our Glassdoor reviews very seriously. We are glad so far... More

"No respect for SALES! Please stay away from here!"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Engineer

I worked at NetBrain Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There isn’t any pro to work in sales here.

Cons

Where to start?? The company just decided to cut between $50K-$75K pay from every sales rep. Along with cutting pay they decided to pull many accounts from each rep to lower the total accounts each rep has to make quota. The company has decided to change from perpetual license to term and charge 3X the cost for term license. There isn’t a presidents club because they view sales reps as peasants and as the CEO puts it we’re all failures if we don’t close an account in one year. There is zero growth potential as the company never promotes from within. The company is owned and operated by two people with zero sales experience who haven’t a clue as to how to build, run, and incentivize their sales staff. Every year things change and not for the better because the CEO is stubborn and unwilling to make changes that will only positively impact the company. He won’t allow channel sales. His new sales strategy is Blue Ocean selling?? This means we have no competition in his mind. He seems to forget about solarwinds, live action, extrahop because the difference is they are all real sales ORG’s. Unless you enjoy changes every 2-5 months I suggest you look elsewhere for a job. FYI- the 8 positive reviews since Jan 1st are fake news because no one in the company has been positive since then due to the dramatic changes that have been implemented.

Advice to Management

Change the CEO

Mar 5, 2019 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the time you took to write this review. Feedback such as this is valuable as we continue to make necessary improvements to our population and culture. The changes to our sales... More

"Network Development Engineer"

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

Nice office is close to Union Station;

very good group benefit and RSP plan

Cons

need to work at Downtown

Jan 23, 2019 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

"Run Away...Fast"

I worked at NetBrain Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

None, except easy if not an engineer

Cons

A place to go a wither away.

Feb 7, 2019 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the time you took to write this review. Feedback such as this is valuable as we continue to make necessary improvements to our population and culture. One thing to note, every single... More

"Warm Environment and a Very Bright Future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been very impressed by the culture and the overall direction of the company. It is collaborative and people across the board are approachable whether you have an important work question or happen to eavesdrop on a conversation about the last Patriots game. The company is growing rapidly and the product continues to evolve. We've had a very successful 2018 and with some of changes we're forecasting, 2019 should be even bigger. Lastly, I've been impressed with how humble and unassuming our CEO and Founder, Lingping Gao is. Whether he's contorting his body to hold a door for somebody or just asking them about their weekend, he doesn't carry himself like he's more important than anybody else. I appreciate that.

Cons

Commute could be better, but that's a "me" problem. Honestly, no gripes here.

Oct 31, 2018 – Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

"Great place to learn and grow"

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

NetBrain is a great place to work, full of talented people . There is a lot of room to learn and grow with the company as every area of the organization is seeing growth. The work environment is fast-paced and challenging, with managers who are always willing to help. The product is on track to become an industry standard with strong development and service teams supporting it every step of the way.

Overall I have nothing but good things to say about my time here at NetBrain, and I am excited to see where the company takes me in the coming years.

NetBrain has:

> Good benefits (medical/dental/vision)
    > Great wellness programs
    > Nice office and amenities
    > Friendly co-workers
    > A diverse community
    > Approachable management

Cons

> Steep learning curve for the software

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent with company goals and business objectives

Oct 19, 2018 – Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

"Beware of this trap"

I worked at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

They offer a free lunch on Friday

Cons

If you have any other options, then run far away from this place. In just the last few months, I have witnessed all the top managers leave. The CFO, General Counsel, Controller (practically the whole finance and accounting team), several key sales managers and a hand full of senior account executives. It has become a very hard place to come to work. It is very quiet in the office. The phone hardly ever rings, unless it's an upset customer. I decided to leave recently because I couldn't deal with it anymore. Plus there are many great companies in the Boston area that don't have to fake their positive reviews like NetBrain does. My manager at the time asked me specifically to draft a "positive review". Every couple of months they do the rounds and try to fabricate a positive environment to the outside world. The truth is this company is struggling and they can't keep up with the support tickets that come in every day. The poor senior leadership is the driving force behind this company and its inevitable fall. I could continue on, but I don't want to waste any more time with this place. I just hope to help the next person so they don't get fooled.

Advice to Management

Already tried many times. They don't take advice.

Dec 9, 2018 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

"There’s a reason there are so many bad reviews"

I worked at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

Nothing.. the CEO is controlling, unprofessional and not willing to listen to anyone.

Cons

The worst experience of my career. Not set up for success, you’re thrown in with no resources. Sad culture, I felt like I was part of the movie Office Space except at least that movie is entertaining. CEO has no leadership skills I have no idea how this company is still around.

Advice to Management

Stop calling yourself a startup and soliciting fake positive reviews!

Oct 26, 2018 – Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

"Good company with a lot of undeserving negative reviews"

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

NetBrain is a great fast growing company. I have been here for more than three years and during that time, I had phenomenal opportunities for professional growth in my role.

I looked through negative reviews that appeared within the last two months and was surprised to find the writing style and tones of the reviews strikingly similar. I found it suspicious that many of the phrases or specific wordings are the same...

Here are my views on NetBrain:
    ● 40% growth year after year is not super star performance, but still very strong.
    ● Leadership and management can always improve as I have seen over the last couple years, but the company’s impressive growth shows that the current management is doing well.
    ● NetBrain’s financial statements are clean and successfully audited by one of the big Four accounting firms. The rumors about company GAAP revenue is not only baseless but also malicious.
    ● Sales bookings is one of the metrics that NetBrain measures its performance. The definition of sales bookings I found online is “The Sales Bookings metric measures the value of bookings over a given time period, where a "booking" is a won, signed, or committed sale. It's important to note that a booking isn't necessarily invoiceable until you have delivered the product or completed the required services.” The sales bookings metrics used at NetBrain exactly follows this definition. Sales bookings is not GAAP revenue. I suggest negative reviewers about NetBrain’s sales bookings practice get educated on this.
    ● NetBrain is not a start up any more, but still small enough to adjust and change as needed. As the world changes, companies will adapt. Less red tape here than some other companies. Over time, the good changes stick and the bad ones are replaced. I have participated discussed changes with my team and understand why they are needed for improvement.
    ● I look around and see a company full of A players. My coworkers are not only smart, but they also have great attitudes and some will be my friends for a lifetime.
    ● There's a great collaborative culture that allows me to walk over to resolve issues with different departments or come up with new innovative ideas with my coworkers.
    ● I don’t see unhealthy amount of attrition. The job market is very hot, yet we are able to hire at a faster pace.

Cons

There's nothing specific at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!