NetBrain Technologies Reviews

Updated Feb 27, 2020

NetBrain Technologies Chairman and CEO Lingping Gao
Lingping Gao
Pros
  • "There is free lunch provided to the company every Friday(in 22 reviews)

• "Everything is state of the art, and they give free lunch on Fridays(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Same problems you will see in every growing company(in 9 reviews)

• "We are experiencing growing pains, but that's to be expected in a company that sees positive growth year over year(in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- good technology with great customer advocates - global company with variety of cultures and job opportunities - beautiful offices (Burlington, Toronto, Munich, etc.) - smart, driven people on the team

Cons

None that anyone in true business doesn't face

NetBrain Technologies2019-09-14

October 3, 2019Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing comments and feedback regarding your experience with us thus far. We pride ourselves on updating our benefits and keeping our culture vibrant, professional and relevant even as we have added over 148 new employees to our workforce. Our technology is a leader in the Network Automation space and our goal is to continue to grow globally, continuing to put our employees first. We thank you for your time spent writing this review and we are glad you are a part of our growing family.

2. "Onward and Upwards"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The new version of the product with network automation is solving a much bigger problem for network and IT departments of the companies and has no direct competition. The company has recruited some great leaders last year and this year. The new sales leader has very strong industry knowledge and a proven record of growing revenue. The new training program is much more effective. It seems the company is on the right track for a big growth year.

Cons

Transitions last year resulted slower growth. Those are behind us this year.

NetBrain Technologies2020-02-26

February 27, 2020Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

We welcome all feedback that can help us to improve, but it's always nice to hear the positives! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at NetBrain. We take great pride in the talented people we've brought on board and we're so excited for what's to come. Network automation is the future and we're thrilled to be at the forefront of it! We'll be sure to keep the momentum going in the right direction. If there are ever any constructive critiques you have to offer, your Managers and Human Resources team are all ears!

3. "Great product with huge potential"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-- Great product with huge potential -- Clear focus on customer success -- Nice work environment. Toronto office is acclaimed as the best work place in Canada. -- Talented and smart people to work with -- Good benefit -- Free Friday lunch

Cons

-- Growth pain caused some unnecessary changes

NetBrain Technologies2020-02-14

February 19, 2020Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for your feedback! We love to hear the good and the bad as we continue to grow, because there's always room to improve. We really appreciate you mentioning the Toronto office. It's been around for almost two years and doesn't get nearly enough shine! We've hired a really fantastic team of people and our presence up there has grown rapidly in a short amount of time. Our company culture is very important to us and it extends well outside of our Burlington HQ. We appreciate the kind words and we are listening! Growing pains are a part of life for growing companies, but employee feedback helps us to minimize the pain and maximize the growth. There's nothing more important than that to our leadership team. Thanks again for sharing.

"Stay Away!"

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Burlington, MA

I worked at NetBrain Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is free lunch provided to the company every Friday.

Cons

If your'e looking to find a job where 80% of their sales force hits there quota and 20% don't, rather than the other way around, then look elsewhere. Additionally, their compensation plan is below industry average.

NetBrain Technologies2020-02-13

February 19, 2020Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We want to get better every day and every bit of feedback helps! We're very proud of the really exceptional sales talent that we have whether they've been on board for years or just weeks. We invest in market research tools to make sure that we're offering competitive packages so we can bring in great people who will be able to help our continued growth as a company. Our CRO and CFO have worked very hard to put compensation plans and a go-to-market plan in place that will enable us to make this year the best we've ever had! Thanks again for sharing your experience. I'm already excited to see the email for what this Friday's free lunch will be : )

"Sales rep"

Sales Representative in Burlington, MA

I worked at NetBrain Technologies

Pros

Some people nice to work with. Product has potential but most wasted Good place to hone your skill. If you can sell here, you can probably sell cat poop as an organic super food

Cons

Sales is poorly ran. Often they focus on owner s gut not customer or prospect feedback. Platform itself will be obsolete as built in sdwan management platform as well as mobile first in enterprise picks up steam. Cuts commission, triples quota, cuts territory and more than doubles price on whim. Does absolutely no business decision based on data. Only unproven assumptions and beliefs from the network environment 10 years ago

NetBrain Technologies2020-02-27

"Don't waste your time"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They have some great people that really want it to work, the free lunch is a nice time to see people on Fridays.

Cons

Product does not always work as they say. Upper Management is clueless as to what the people think and they don't really have all the customers they claim. Companies use the tool and then never renew. Be aware, they have gone through many many people, no thoughts on how to grow, just a number and a hope. Reviews with great response are made up.

NetBrain Technologies2020-02-21

March 4, 2020Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thanks for taking time to share your feedback and your experience at NetBrain and for acknowledging what great people we have. The feedback is always helpful and we certainly agree that we've got outstanding people across the organization. NetBrain 8.0 has been a game-changer. Not only are we incredibly proud of what our product is able to accomplish, but we have a page of happy customers on our website under the Customer Stories tab. We believe that the switch to subscription licenses will greatly help our client retention, and our customer success team is working hard to make sure that clients are able to get the most out of NetBrain. Areas we can improve are always going to be a focus for us and accountability on those is important so we thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. We'll continue to strive toward getting better as we continue to grow!

"Not a good time to join"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Burlington, MA

I worked at NetBrain Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are some very kind, capable, and smart people at NetBrain

Cons

This is just a bad time to join the company. They didn’t hit their sales numbers for the year and proceeded to lay off several employees. It’s a cool product, but the sales numbers show that it might not be able to grow much more.

NetBrain Technologies2020-01-09

January 23, 2020Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. All feedback is extremely useful to us as we strive towards getting a little better each day. Respectfully, there's never been a better time to join NetBrain! We've gone through some very impressive growth over the past several years, and change often accompanies growth, but we're very excited to make 2020 our biggest and best year in company history. Thanks again for your feedback!

"roll up sleeves and get busy"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pingpong and play house in the office. Thursday Basket ball rental at Lifetime gym. There are always problems for you to solve and places for improvement.

Cons

It was a struggle to migrate the monolithic software architecture. There are a lot legacy code which is not documented.

NetBrain Technologies2019-12-18

January 23, 2020Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback! We take pride in the office environment and we're really happy that your experience has been positive. We also take pride in our cutting edge technology and invest heavily in our product. Our R&D team is made up of the very best people in the networking industry and we're constantly working to make our solution the very best in its field. Thanks again for sharing your experience at NetBrain!

"Stay away"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Burlington, MA

I worked at NetBrain Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Free Friday lunch - Friendly people there

Cons

- No work life balance at all! The Development team and PM often have to have meetings at night with employees in China. Meeting could be ended nearly midnight which is crazy. And you know what? They still want employees to work 9-6. Basically no dev leaves the office before 6pm. - This is the company who will reject your application for vacation days off. They don't care your health or any family reason. What they want is just to get the work done. - Too much micromanagement. Serious Chinese political culture exists, especially within the teams with a lot of Chinese employees. - The CEO seems to be able to manage everything, from tech to sales, to marketing which is ridiculous. - This is the company that one person decides everything. When a project is pending for further progress, it is the CEO who says yes, and then they will move forward quickly. - It is the company that they still change the product requirements a few days before the releasing date. - They don't know what is respectful attitude

NetBrain Technologies2020-01-16

January 23, 2020Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. All feedback, positive and negative helps us to keep getting better in every way. We want all of our employees to feel comfortable in their time at the office as well as with their work-life balance. To ensure this, we provide lots of fun perks in the office, like catered lunches on Fridays, a pool table, multiple ping pong tables, a game room and massage chairs. Employees also enjoy wellness perks outside the office, like the Virgin Pulse rewards program that allows people to earn money for making healthy choices, and subsidized memberships and free pick up basketball at the local health club. Though we do try to make sure our employees are comfortable in the office, it is equally important to us that employees have ample away from the office with their loved ones. If any employee ever feels like they don't have a healthy balance of the two, the folks in HR are happy to listen and be an advocate if necessary to make sure that problem is remedied. We take pride in our flexibility and work-life balance as a company. Thanks again for your feedback!

"Good technology company"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

The new version of the product is very stable and provides 10 times ROI to the customer than before. Many customers bought the software for mapping. They are delighted to find out the value of the new version software is so much more than just mapping. The software arms all IT engineers with network automation and helps them resolve tickets much faster.

Cons

Same problems you will see in every growing company.

NetBrain Technologies2019-12-05

January 23, 2020Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for taking time to share your feedback. We're incredibly proud of the work our R&D team has done for years to make our product the industry leader in automation that it is today. We've got truly great people here. In addition to having a great product, we're proud of our culture and the people that make that possible. Thanks again for your valuable feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 97 Reviews