NetBrain Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
NetBrain Technologies Chairman and CEO Lingping Gao
Lingping Gao

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The management staff they are bringing in are some of the best in the industry, and the company is growing like crazy (in 7 reviews)

• Friday lunch, snacks provided, flexible dress code, friendly co-workers, and you are able to work from home if the weather is bad (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing really fast, so there are some growth pains here (which is common for fast-growing company) (in 8 reviews)

• still working out the growing pains, but to be expected (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great culture, enjoyable place to work on a serious growth trajectory!"

Current Employee - Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture is one of a kind and reminds me of a start up containing nice people, fun atmosphere and leadership that cares about its employee base. One of the few companies in this area that is experiencing 45% growth and a product that has no competitors. Company is poised to become even better over the next 5 years. Company provided snacks, beverages, Friday catered lunches, comfortable office space. Worksite is close to highways, free parking, onsite gym/cafeteria and close to malls/restaurants/shops. Pay and bonus is above pay rates and competitive with other area companies.

Cons

Some growing pains like any other company experiencing the tremendous growth year over year.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The product is great and the company will become even better over time. Other reviews complain about management but I am not seeing anything to complain about seeing company revenue and growth are on the right track.

Dec 28, 2017 – Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We value the opinions of our employees and take our reviews very seriously. We are glad you enjoy working for us and we hope to continue to make improvements for our... More

2. "Unique product and ideal company culture make this company the gem of the tech industry!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Stable long company history of 14 years in business with literally no competitors in a serious growth surge. International expansion is happening with new offices opening overseas and more staff being added to headquarters monthly. Company culture is still intact several years later and the multicultural mix of employees is refreshing. Senior leadership is friendly and welcoming and the company is poised to go public in the next few years. This company has come a long way from being a small start up experiencing over 45% growth year over year.

Cons

With any mature start up experiencing this much growth, there will be growing pains and this is natural. Reviews posted on this site that identify the negative only signal the verge of greatness. It takes time to work out the kinks in processes and implement best practices for any growing company in this position.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and keep your eye on the prize. The CEO knows what he is doing and in time, the company will benefit from his brilliance as a leader.

3. "Early signs are all positive"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

I'm only a few weeks in so if I uncover anything more I'll keep you all updated. My experiences so far have been great.
    - Location: Burlington has a lot going on so there's that, but for me it is great that there's an express bus that goes from alewife to network drive. It's 30 minutes (bus 351)
    - Benefits & such- I'm happy with the compensation and benefits package- it's competitive and more than reasonable. Free coffee is actually good, and there's snacks and free lunch on fridays (catered, also tasty)
    - Culture- So far there's been a culture focused on inclusivity. Everyone has been welcoming and happy that I've joined the team.
    - Interview process- mine was a little drawn out but they made some changes on the recruiting team and are focusing on streamlining and speeding things up. I was a little uncomfortable trying to make decision due to some of the negative reviews on here, so I asked to shadow for a day. This isn't the norm but my new manager wanted to make sure this was a good fit for both of us and made it happen. I appreciated the flexibility and concern for my needs

The biggest pro for me is that my job is helping to launch an insights team that will open communication lines internally and with users. If ideas and feedback fell on deaf ears before, the company is making serious efforts to change that.

Cons

- There's a steep learning curve--- the software is very robust and if you don't know Networking, you've got to spend some time getting up to speed.
    - half con: The product & development team speaks Chinese primarily, even in the Burlington office. I was the first native English speaker on the technology team (not the whole office) so I've really thrown a wrench in things. Although the language barrier can be difficult at times, I'm thorough impressed by the enthusiasm and welcome I've been shown --- Those who I've worked with are actively trying to improve their english and are happy that I joined the team. Although there's some funny "misspeaks" and a few clarifying questions, most of my colleagues' english is much better than they think.

This isn't a con to me, but it was mentioned by others as one: The CEO is involved with decisions, and some are minor, but he's been taking a step back as they're growing so rapidly. He has a keen awareness for the user and is trying to get everyone to think big and focus on solving customer needs.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster an inclusive family-like environment by putting employees and customers first. Also continue to encourage innovation and motivation, as that's the key to creating great products and happy people.

Jan 18, 2018 – Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We are always striving to be a best in class place to work and we value the opinions of our employees and take our Glassdoor reviews very seriously. We are glad so far... More

"Proceed with Caution"

I worked at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

Great people. Great work life balance. Work will rarely go home with you, mostly due to the fact that work is discouraged from being done remotely so when you're home, you rarely need to work.

Cons

It is nearly impossible to influence how decisions are made. Feedback is typically ignored. There are many incredibly talented people at NetBrain though the company does not make any effort to take advantage of the available talent because leadership operates as if they are the most intelligent people in the room and therefore should not need to seek input from anyone outside of the team. This is the most difficult part about working for this company is the most eager, capable people join the company and are immediately deflated because it is clear from day 1 they will never be able to make the impact they're capable of. This applies to all roles in all departments. The pay is fair though I could also argue they are paying people too much if all they expect of people is to just do what they say. Mediocrity is the norm here. People can coast and do the bare minimum and still have a job month after month, which is another reason high performing individuals do not last long here. There is so much potential at NetBrain but the company just can't get out of it's own way.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people and be willing to actually listen to feedback vs. being defensive.

Dec 28, 2017 – Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and the time you took to write this review. We will utilize your comments as we continue to grow to make necessary improvements. We value all of our employee populations... More

"random review"

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

Good culture, benefit, work and life balance

Cons

Managements (people management) are not that experienced
    In some department, management mainly works on process/plan/procedure/meeting, but the implementation part is not that strong

Advice to Management

1. pay more resource and attention to systemically understand what end users really need and expect; pay more attention on end user experience of the product
    2. limit goals, correctly identify and focus on key points of product requirement, streamline resource and process on it

Dec 28, 2017 – Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback. We appreciate your comments and take this forum very seriously for future improvements.

"Open communication & teamwork top the list"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with NetBrain Technologies for over 2 years and do not plan on leaving anytime soon. We've developed software that addresses a need in the network mapping space and we continually improve its capabilities. We have excellent benefits (medical/dental/vision) along with other company perks that include lunches provided every Friday and activities that promote teamwork.

Cons

Tele-commuting is not an option here, but I'm not salty about it. Coming into an office is actually nice because it fosters collaboration among peers.
    We are experiencing growing pains, but that's to be expected in a company that sees positive growth year over year.

Advice to Management

Focus on the goal, stick with a solid plan and we'll see the rewards.

Sep 8, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of NetBrain. I’m happy to hear that your time with us has been positive, and I hope you continue to grow with us.

While we do not have a formal... More

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've never posted on Glassdoor but I felt I had to based on the inaccuracy of a recent posting. I'm not a top performing Account Executive but I’m working toward meeting my quota. The recent posting does not paint an accurate picture of leadership especially the sales leadership and I was compelled to write this.

- Surrounded by people who love what they do; Intelligent and caring colleagues
    - Strong leadership
    - Exceptional product
    - Transparent from the top down
    - Room for growth, incredible benefits and excellent compensation that rewards strong performance

The CEO and Executive team have a profound impact on the success of NetBrain and the right team is in place. They take excellent care of their employees and customers and I think they don’t know any other way to do business. People come first, no matter what is going on and in turn employees are happy, strive for the best they can be, and take care of each other and their customers.

The quality of the sales organization is directly related to the SVP of Sales who is fixated on target, deadline driven, self disciplined and focused on achieving revenue goals. Our SVP makes you want to be the best; the mentality is the SVP works for all of us. Holds themselves and the sales team to a higher level of accountability has excellent sales intuition and advice; coaches by example and always adding value to customer meetings. The sales teams are kept motivated and always moving with a sense of urgency. Strong, strategic, sales leadership who uses their experience and plots the best course of action to maximize sales revenue, whether it is segmenting the market into verticals, deploying and training specialized sales teams or taking control and closely monitoring sales process, performance and training to improve under-performing Account Executives.

Cons

Travel time/commute to work. I wish the company was around the corner.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, keep supporting your people and continue to move forward and the rest will follow.

Dec 28, 2017 – Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

We appreciate the time taken to write this thoughtful review. Our company takes these comments and suggestions very seriously and we will continue to use these reviews to make improvements to our... More

"Still not sure who we are, but we're nice."

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, I like everyone I run into and interact with. I have more interesting things to do than time to do them, I'm never bored. I'm also paid pretty well for my time and effort. Sounds base, but no one works for free.

Cons

Wish we did more things together as departments and a company. I remember volunteer days fondly, but NetBrain doesn't have those. I also wish there was a clearer path for being at the company long term, for everyone.

Advice to Management

Have clearer steps towards your goal, how everyone is going to get there month by month and quarter by quarter. It's great to talk about the end goal, but what about all the steps to get there? Talk to people more, and if some of what you get back isn't rosy accept it and adjust. You have lots of good people, make sure you're listening to all of them.

"Fast growing high energy company that values employees and new ideas."

Current Employee - Customer Support in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing. The energy is high. The people are friendly. Customers are intellectual and excited. There is so much to learn. The benefits are high-average and free lunches on fridays are excellent! There is a nice onboarding program where each group of new hires have several 20 min meet and greets with the VPs for a department presentation. It's a nice way to understand the company goals and get to know the people in leadership personally.

Cons

As a new employee, I'm not seeing what other previous negative reviews are reporting. With any fast growing company, one has to be willing to change, adapt, go with the flow and sometimes work a little harder. Flexibility and open communication is key.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Keep encouraging balance and rewarding great teamwork. Friday lunches, free snacks and coffee as well as excellent benefits are appreciated!

"Run...and Run FAST!"

Pros

The people. They're really amazing, smart, and talented workers here that make for a great family like feel.

Cons

EVERYTHING. The only good thing is a few of the people above that make the work day bearable. Believe the bad reviews here because based on my experience, each and everyone is as accurate as the next. Also, beware they place fake positive reviews to boost up the Glassdoor score....rather than doing the obvious thing which would be to revisit how the company is functioning and fix it.

Forget having a voice here or being able to share your opinion or ideas, that get's thrown out the window. You are just a puppet for your manager to control (at least the "original" managers with disgusting lack of management ability).

It may sound like I am bashing the company, but this is based on my experience as an employee that started out rather excited and happy about the job and quickly learned the truth.

There are some serious changes that need to be made and that starts with some of the "original management" that NEEDS training.

Dec 28, 2017 – Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your comments and the time taken to provide this review. We continue to use this forum to make the necessary adjustments and improvements and your review will assist us with our... More