NetBrain Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
NetBrain Technologies Chairman and CEO Lingping Gao
Lingping Gao

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Nice co-workers, free lunch on Fridays; U" (in 8 reviews)

• "The management staff they are bringing in are some of the best in the industry, and the company is growing like crazy" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "With any fast growing company, one has to be willing to change, adapt, go with the flow and sometimes work a little harder" (in 7 reviews)

• "still working out the growing pains, but to be expected" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Established startup on a serious growth trajectory in the right space"

Current Employee - Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Software is genius and company is on the right path growing globally 40-50% year over year. Culture is like a startup although the company is mature and well established. Leader in the network automation software space with over 2000 enterprise level customers. Hiring new leadership in key spots as well as building out UK, Germany and Toronto offices.

Cons

Bumps in the road with this much growth as with any fast moving high volume startup

Advice to Management

You are hiring the right talent, trust that these new employees will get the job done and the company will flourish

Oct 31, 2018 – Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and the time you took to write this review. We will utilize your comments as we continue to grow to make necessary improvements. We value all of our employee populations... More

"Moving in the right direction with nice people/culture"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

An outside the city suburban start up in growth mode with a unique culture with some very nice coworkers. In the right space at the right time and creating some future plans that include substantial international growth. Leaders are smart and know what they are doing.

Cons

Busy place not for everyone, this is a wear many hats environment

Advice to Management

Your outlook for the future is good and believe in your people, we will get there together.

Oct 31, 2018 – Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We are always striving to be a best in class place to work and we value the opinions of our employees and take our Glassdoor reviews very seriously. We are glad so far... More

"Great place to learn and grow"

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

NetBrain is a great place to work, full of talented people . There is a lot of room to learn and grow with the company as every area of the organization is seeing growth. The work environment is fast-paced and challenging, with managers who are always willing to help. The product is on track to become an industry standard with strong development and service teams supporting it every step of the way.

Overall I have nothing but good things to say about my time here at NetBrain, and I am excited to see where the company takes me in the coming years.

NetBrain has:

> Good benefits (medical/dental/vision)
    > Great wellness programs
    > Nice office and amenities
    > Friendly co-workers
    > A diverse community
    > Approachable management

Cons

> Steep learning curve for the software

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent with company goals and business objectives

Oct 19, 2018 – Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

"Warm Environment and a Very Bright Future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been very impressed by the culture and the overall direction of the company. It is collaborative and people across the board are approachable whether you have an important work question or happen to eavesdrop on a conversation about the last Patriots game. The company is growing rapidly and the product continues to evolve. We've had a very successful 2018 and with some of changes we're forecasting, 2019 should be even bigger. Lastly, I've been impressed with how humble and unassuming our CEO and Founder, Lingping Gao is. Whether he's contorting his body to hold a door for somebody or just asking them about their weekend, he doesn't carry himself like he's more important than anybody else. I appreciate that.

Cons

Commute could be better, but that's a "me" problem. Honestly, no gripes here.

Oct 31, 2018 – Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

"There’s a reason there are so many bad reviews"

I worked at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

Nothing.. the CEO is controlling, unprofessional and not willing to listen to anyone.

Cons

The worst experience of my career. Not set up for success, you’re thrown in with no resources. Sad culture, I felt like I was part of the movie Office Space except at least that movie is entertaining. CEO has no leadership skills I have no idea how this company is still around.

Advice to Management

Stop calling yourself a startup and soliciting fake positive reviews!

Oct 26, 2018 – Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

"Good company with a lot of undeserving negative reviews"

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

NetBrain is a great fast growing company. I have been here for more than three years and during that time, I had phenomenal opportunities for professional growth in my role.

I looked through negative reviews that appeared within the last two months and was surprised to find the writing style and tones of the reviews strikingly similar. I found it suspicious that many of the phrases or specific wordings are the same...

Here are my views on NetBrain:
    ● 40% growth year after year is not super star performance, but still very strong.
    ● Leadership and management can always improve as I have seen over the last couple years, but the company’s impressive growth shows that the current management is doing well.
    ● NetBrain’s financial statements are clean and successfully audited by one of the big Four accounting firms. The rumors about company GAAP revenue is not only baseless but also malicious.
    ● Sales bookings is one of the metrics that NetBrain measures its performance. The definition of sales bookings I found online is “The Sales Bookings metric measures the value of bookings over a given time period, where a "booking" is a won, signed, or committed sale. It's important to note that a booking isn't necessarily invoiceable until you have delivered the product or completed the required services.” The sales bookings metrics used at NetBrain exactly follows this definition. Sales bookings is not GAAP revenue. I suggest negative reviewers about NetBrain’s sales bookings practice get educated on this.
    ● NetBrain is not a start up any more, but still small enough to adjust and change as needed. As the world changes, companies will adapt. Less red tape here than some other companies. Over time, the good changes stick and the bad ones are replaced. I have participated discussed changes with my team and understand why they are needed for improvement.
    ● I look around and see a company full of A players. My coworkers are not only smart, but they also have great attitudes and some will be my friends for a lifetime.
    ● There's a great collaborative culture that allows me to walk over to resolve issues with different departments or come up with new innovative ideas with my coworkers.
    ● I don’t see unhealthy amount of attrition. The job market is very hot, yet we are able to hire at a faster pace.

Cons

There's nothing specific at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Career growth is good for me"

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

: I am working at NetBrain for 3+ years and this is my first job after school. I would like to say that no company in the world is perfect or is a good fit for everyone. During the past 3+ years, I learned a lot of new skills and had fun working with my team. I am happy with my career growth at NetBrain.
    NetBrain is growing really fast during the past several years, so there are some growth pains that all the fast-growing companies encounter. But as far as I can see, the senior management team and the middle management team are listening to the employees and working together to improve and grow the company.

Cons

As I mentioned, there are some growth pains like every fast-growing company.

"A pretty decent company to work for"

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

Customers love our technology. No real competition.

Cons

Base salary may not be as high as some other companies, but bonus is high in comparison, so total comp is fair.

"great product and technology"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworker.
    Good location with lot of places to eat near by.
    Basketball court rental.
    Pingpong table. Free Gym.
    Free snack, fruits and beverage.
    Free Friday lunch.

Product is outstanding in the industry and has lots of potential. Many of the features are quite innovative. As a software developer, there are lots of challenges to take on and lots of new opportunities to get hands dirty. I'm very impressed by how fast the team adapts to the new technology and architecture. The company is still in need of experienced developer and architect in the domain of machine learning, parallel processing, task scheduling, website operation...

Cons

fast pace and very challenging. I will write more as I discover more.

"Horrible"

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time

Pros

Decently successful despite the leader

Cons

All negative reviews are true. I’ve personally solicited favorable reviews from our staff.

Lingping is a fraud.

Product has major flaws. Trying to capture market with half naked functionality. Makes no sense.

Just received training on a new module that took 6 months to get pricing for. New features don’t offer value.

We’ve been told not to sell certain features by the techies because they don’t work. Should be fixed in 2 releases. Nice.

Product release process sucks. CEO announces product is released, gives China a week off for their “hard work”... then bug and bug.

I guess the entire company should be getting 6 months off a year because we all have to work hard to polish a turd.

Advice to Management

Hire a real CEO and COO, and I guess a CFO now. Ask yourself why everyone is leaving?