Netlify Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Netlify

1.9

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Netlify (Remote, OR) in September 2018.

Interview

Talk with CTO, coding exercise, chat with two people from the team. I asked about the negative reviews on Glassdoor regarding not hearing back and was told they changed the process to be in batches.

The people I spoke to were very prompt and incredibly friendly. I didn't have the particular skillset they were looking for, but the process was a positive experience. My only feedback would be to give a more explicit reason in the email for not moving forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Netlify (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Talked to a manager on the phone. That went well. Came into the office a few days later for about two hours. Had a fairly standard interview with another designer on the team (went over my work, etc). Then met with the co-founders where they mostly talked about themselves and I got about 5 words in. Interview ended rather abruptly.

Didn't hear back, so I kept interviewing elsewhere. Ended up finding another job, started that job, worked there for a bit. Then two full months after my original onsite at Netlify, I finally heard back. You'll never believe it but they decided not to move forward with me. Ah well.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netlify (Fremont, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through online, i was contacted by the support engineering team manager, the process took 2 weeks to get a assessment test , and i didn't get back from them. Unprofessional

Interview Questions

• First they verified my background, cover letter once it is done they gave me the Assessment test which consists of Creating a website and hosting on their site using a site generator.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online. Got an assessment test that took me a good few hours to complete. Interviews afterwards were conducted on Slack. I felt I did really well - got all the way through to the second to last interview and was one of the last 4 candidates.

After that interview, I was told I'd "almost certainly" hear within a few days. Well a few days, then a week, then a week and a half passes and I hear nothing! So I follow up with the hiring manager, thanking him again for his time and asking if he had any update. Absolutely nothing. It's been over a month, and I assume they've already hired for the position by now. This is a really bad way to treat people who were honestly devoted to getting this role. Very unprofessional, and I'm glad that I won't be working with them as I am sure it's no better once you get hired.

Interview Questions

• What are your most and least favorite aspects of the job description?   Answer Question

Business Analyst/Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Netlify in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Scheduled a 20 min intro interview. Nothing technical. He explained about the company, what they do and he almost told it for 10 minutes. I gave a brief intro about me. He told me that he will get with a coding assessment in the next 24 hours. I never got a mail, instead, I was rejected without any reason. Completely unprofessional.

Designer Interview

Interview

My initial phone interview was with a recruiter that implied he was an employee, but a quick google search showed that he worked for a recruitment agency. Which wouldn't matter, but the lack of transparency right out of the gate was concerning to me. When I asked what Netlify was looking for in the new hire, the recruiter replied, "Uhh, definitely someone who works a lot of hours, it seems like!" Due to the red flag factory unfolding before me, I retracted myself from the process.

Senior Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Netlify (San Francisco, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

Broken and horrible interview process. First got a call from recruiter asking about my experience, I was very particular to let them know that I am platform engineer and not infra engineer and he said they were looking for a platform engineer. After that had a call with the hiring manager, the call was suppose to be for an hour but ended up being one hour and 45 minutes. After this I got an online coding exercise, don't accept this if you dont have lots of free time, I was in the middle of a busy project. Also lot of companies compensate for such projects so that you dont waste your time. Worked in nights and gave them a pretty good solution for 12 hours of work. After which I was asked to interview with another engineer. From the get go it was obvious that she did not even look at the wiki I wrote in my github page. She asked the same questions that I had clearly explained in my wiki. Most of the questions were related to deployment and other things nothing related to the technique used in the solution. The questions were not coherent, she would switch between 3 or 4 different variations of the architecture and ask random repeating questions, after sometime I lost track of what we were talking about. Anyways in the end I was not sure what to think of that interview. After 2 days I was told they are not moving forward with my application. The most frustrating part was there were no effort made to evaluate the take home coding exercise, if all you want is some infra related questions answered why not just ask those instead of wasting people's time. At the end I asked for some honest feedback which I though I deserved after doing one of the longest interview in my 13 years of carrier. There were no response from any of them who interviewed me and the recruiter was of ZERO help. Very frustrating.

Never interview with this company and if you do ask for compensation before starting a take home project.

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Netlify.

Interview

Worked for 5+ years in a relevant comparable tech company, applied online. Pinged some people on Twitter for a conversation, nothing. People were completely ghosting me without any explanation.
    After 3 weeks received the note from a recruiter how they are unsure in my qualifications, without even talking to me :D pff holy Lord... this is by far the most unprofessional experience in my life... oh btw did I mention that the Design team is comprised of 11 females and one male (lead designer)? Such a progressive team setup...