Nevada State Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Nevada State Bank

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nevada State Bank in June 2018.

Interview

They ask a regular question a d just ask you to sell them something to see if you can sell. It is a bank of course. Would not recommend though.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nevada State Bank (Reno, NV) in January 2013.

Interview

you submit application online, wait about one to two weeks for them to go through the app, they call you for phone screening and if they like you they will schedule a 2nd interview with the team, if the team like you, you will interview with the department manager

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nevada State Bank.

Interview

Standard Interview process of meeting with the recruiter than the heads of the department. Met with the head of underwriting and the head of the corporate banking division of the bank. Each interview was seperate

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nevada State Bank (Reno, NV) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was an in person one on one interview. Asked various questions about customer service and asked some questions regarding financial analysis. I did not know anything about financial analysis at the time but was still offered a position

Interview Questions

• What was a time you showed over and above customer service.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nevada State Bank (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2014.

Interview

3 interviews in total. Pretty standard questions all went well. Ask various questions about my previous role and what I did. Interviewer was nice and complacent as we were both able to connect with each other throughout the process. Once questions were answered, hiring manager called me back a week later to schedule another interview and later offer me the job via phone.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nevada State Bank (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

Found position through an agency, Met with 2 managers. They did not allow me to communicate my experience to them. Never asked me if i was comfortable with or ask if I could do a job task.

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave a certain position after a number of years. Most employees never even reach 5 or more years with an employer.   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nevada State Bank (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was rushed and more of a relaxed conversation. Felt more like talking to a normal person. Wasn't very professional and it felt uncomfortable talking to the guy in a small room.

Interview Questions

• How would you reach a sales goal.   1 Answer

Professional Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nevada State Bank (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview of 7. Were asked the usual group questions. Did have to make a presentation on a NSB product in front of interviewers and group.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nevada State Bank in December 2010.

Interview

In depth application/questionnaire online. Group interview includes 2-4 people (mixture of HR and branch managers) and 10-15 people being interviewed. They ask you to bring in a product to give a sales pitch. You have to do this in front of everybody. Make it something your passionate about and well informed of. Many people bring their cell phones or their clothes that they're wearing to try and sell to the interviewers. That is such a bad idea!
    Often they play a game (ex: pictionary) to see how well you participate. Then the interviewers ask several questions. After a small break they pull people individually into a small office and tell you if you have the job or not. You have to have drug testing and background check done before you can start. there is a 2-3 day observation in a branch and then a week of training. Then you observe a teller for 2 weeks and then have your own drawer while the training teller watches you. entire training is supposed to last about 2 months. However, depending on the branch you train at, you are sometimes thrown into it the day after class training ends.

Interview Questions

• They are fairly basic questions. Just make sure you bring a good item to sell and practice a lot before hand. You want to give them reasons to want the item. Not just why you like it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The bank sees the position as an easy to fill position and does not really allow you to negotiate anything.

Teller III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nevada State Bank (Henderson, NV) in May 2019.

Interview

I applied online and branch manager reached out to me directly. I never spoke with a recruiter prior to the interview. When I went in I was asked your general interview questions and they asked me to prepare a presentation on one of their products like you’re trying to sell them it. Two hours after the interview, I received a phone call from the recruiter and was extended a job offer. It took about a week to start working.

Interview Questions

• Assume I am already interested in a product and sell me on it.   Answer Question