New Holland Brewing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at New Holland Brewing

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at New Holland Brewing (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

Very laid back, asked a few questions about my former job, asked about philosophy of the restaurant industry, asked about my former experiences, got offered the job on the spot.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New Holland Brewing (Holland, MI) in April 2019.

Interview

Took quite a while to get back to me after I initially applied. They had me submit a skype interview basically just explaining why I'd be the best candidate. A few days later they asked me to complete a phone interview. That's where they asked more about my background/standard interview questions. They seemed to like me and had me come in for an in person interview the following week. I met the CFO and took a tour of the building while the HR manager explained how important the values are to the company. You would think after 3 interviews they would at least have the decency to email me and say that they selected someone else. I really got my hopes up for this job and some closure would have been nice.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at New Holland Brewing (Holland, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

The application is very straightforward. It doesn't require you to answer any meaningless out-of-date questions. A week or two later I was called for an interview, and another week passed before I had a second interview. Each interview lasted about 20 minutes. The interviewers were friendly and asked relatively simple questions about my experience and my personality. During the interview process they decided to offer a higher position than the one they initially called me for.

Interview Questions

• What type of person do you choose to surround yourself with?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New Holland Brewing.

Interview

Was given a series of sequential tasks at three levels. Was required to sign up for their "task" platform (ironically called 'Hoops') and do assigned tasks, two of which had no relation to the job. After submitting each task, I had to wait to be "approved" to go to the next level.

Level 1 was writing a variety of essays unrelated to the job. Level 2 was creating a video for the company. Level 3 was designing labels for the company, without compensation. It is uncouth to do this, but it led me to believe I was already on my way to being hired so I complied. However, it was simply another "test" and I was passed over.

My 10yr+ portfolio of professional work was not considered.

The process began and lasted two months while the "Hoops" portion was over the course of a few days. The only personal contact I received was from management when I emailed much later to ask if my tasks had been received; they again led me to believe I would be hired. Over a month later, I was told I was passed over.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New Holland Brewing (Holland, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

I had a sit-down interview with the manager. It was professional from an interviewer-interviewee context, but it was also relaxed following the greater culture of New Holland Brewery. There were direct questions, but obviously she was measuring whether or not my personality might be a good fit with their culture.