New Mexico State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New Mexico State University Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2017

2.5

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Mexico State University.

Interview

I went in for an interview scheduled with the program director, but instead was interviewed by someone else. It was about 20 minutes long and not many questions were asked.

In the end, I believe that they had a candidate already selected for the position, but due to HR regulations, they were required to interview a minimum number of people. This is because the "position filled" email was sent 24 hours after my interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle competing priorities in a busy and sometimes hectic office space?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at New Mexico State University.

Interview

Got three references within the college of business. Interview included basic questions about my grades, what classes I like the most and why did I specialize in a certain department and what I would like to do in the future. Interviewd with 2 different people within the college of business and was mostly conversational. Felt more comfortable as I knew the professors beforehand.

Interview Questions

• What are you going to do with the degree you get here after graduation?   Answer Question

Professional Development Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New Mexico State University (Daytona Beach, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Marketing Director who spent approx. 90 mins. with me asking many questions and giving me two tests, including a personality test. This came AFTER I had spent 4 hours at home on-line filling out the application and completing other required tests to get to the first interview. The process consists of the above plus two additional interviews, the last with the company CEO. --- Despite, or maybe because of, my considerable experience and expertise in the field, I was not asked in for a second interview. I'm not sure if it was because I have a PhD and 20+ years of experience and the position called for a Bachelors degree and two years experience, or because I have silver hair and the person interviewing me appeared to be twenty-something. Perhaps I didn't get another interview because I suggested that, based on the job description they advertised, the company required an individual with far more knowledge, skills, and abilities to accomplish the goal they sought to achieve.

Interview Questions

• How much I wanted to be paid.   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New Mexico State University in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was focused on behavioral questions . There were 4 interviewers (panel interview) who took turns asking me questions. All questions were already printed out (~10-15 questions), reviewers were taking notes.

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New Mexico State University (Las Cruces, NM) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interviews, followed up by an on-campus visit that was over the course of one day. I had sessions with multiple campus partners and stakeholders. It was a very redundant process, and they also brought me in against someone I was competing against which was awkward.

Interview Questions

• What is some of the current trends impacting students in Higher Education.   Answer Question

Student Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Mexico State University.

Interview

Fast.
    I applied and then I was called for an interview.
    Later that same day they called me with an offer and I started working within the week or the week after that.
    There was two people interviewing but they were very nice, I was very nervous and I still got the job.

Lab Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Mexico State University (Las Cruces, NM) in October 2015.

Interview

It's not lengthy and it's real simple. The usual questions you can google about in basic interviews. I interviewed with the manager and her assistant. You do the usual introductions and then tell them a little about yourself. Then they ask you simple questions and you answer it. They ask if you have any other questions, and then you're off on your way.

Interview Questions

• What was is your strength/weakness?
      There are good and bad weather, how do you feel about working in harsh conditions?
      What is your availability like?   Answer Question

Guest Services Event Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New Mexico State University (Las Cruces, NM) in September 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online, was called to come for a group interview a week later. Showed up to interview with 40 or so other people. The whole interview lasted about two hours. Interviewers were late to begin but acted professionally. Board of 5 managers made up the interviewers and they took turns asking questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate.

Resident Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New Mexico State University in July 2015.

Interview

A phone interview in April and a four hour plus Skype interview in July. I was not offered the opportunity to fly out for an on-campus interview which I really wish I had.

Interview Questions

• What are your feelings regarding first generation students?   1 Answer

Resident Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Mexico State University.

Interview

I had a phone interview and two Skype interviews. I was then invited to campus. The on-campus was a day long interview. They housing me in a residence hall they were about ready to shut down for good. Process was very smooth and moved very quickly. They kept me informed of their process the entire time. Very helpful when I had questions.

Interview Questions

• The student staff asked this question: Red or Green? It is a reference to the type of chili pepper you like most.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated, but they were unable to offer me anything. 31,000 is what they offer, 31,000 is what you will get. They will not help you out with anything. I tried to get moving expenses, that too was a no go.