New York Post Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.6

Social Media Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Post (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Went in for an interview. The person saw I was black and asked me to leave. She sat me down, said she didn't know and that was the end of that. I had an interview before for a similar position and everything went smoothly. I even got the job but accepted an offer elsewhere. The person I sat down went wasn't like people on staff in the past. Just wanted to give people a heads up.

Web News Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at New York Post (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

It's fake. I should have seen it. The NY Post is hurting (losing money) big time. They're not really hiring for most of the positions that are on their site. They just have them up so people don't think they're losing money.

Web News Editor, Features Editor, Digital Reporter and more have been on the NY Post's career page for more than 12 months. They're not really filling most of these positions. They didn't even talk about hours, salary, or anything much pertaining to the position...because they're not really hiring for it

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about your past? What was your last job like? How do you think you can improve our site?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York Post (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

They had to reschedule a few times, but it wasn't a big deal. I did two in-person interviews. They were very casual and friendly — it was more like a conversation than an interrogation. I spoke with two separate supervisors, and they were both great.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to be here?"   1 Answer

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Post (New York, NY).

Interview

Cover letter/resume, Edit test, 2 interviews -- w EA and Editor. Gave two days to write up mock feature. Then came in for an interview. EA wanted to see response to tough q's -- could you do the work and there would be a lot of it, were you a good cultural fit, etc. Editor wanted to see if you were the special driven someone they'd want to work with and help move along in their career.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working 6 days a week during fashion week?   Answer Question

Advertising Account Coordinator Interview

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview process. You'll meet with people throughout the company, and someone will inevitably ask you to sell him an item on his desk or something hanging on the wall. They'll want to know that you're a fan of the brand.

Advertising Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Post.

Interview

They first did interviews at my career center (two 30 min interviews). They were very nice and friendly, and pretty much run through your resume and ask why you want this job and company. If selected, you will go through what they call "HQ." It is 6 back to back interviews (about 35 min each) in New York, meeting with various sales higher ups and management. They do not ask many difficult questions, but you must be prepared to answer why sales, why sales, and why sales. You have to convey to them that NYP advertising sales is your dream job or else you will not even be taken seriously.

Ad Sales Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at New York Post (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online at my school career services. I then received an interview on-campus. What a joke! I felt hesitant about interviewing with the company from the start because there is a negative connotation associated with the Post. The newspaper is based merely on gossip with a few key facts (if any). But I gave the company the benefit of the doubt and I've never regretted anything more!

The guy who interviewed me was very self-absorbed and only talked about himself. I also interviewed with a girl in HR that was very impersonal and I felt a lot of negative energy from her. The guy who interviewed me offered me a 2nd interview on the spot even before discussing it with anyone else (very unprofessional). He just kind of blurted it out!

I then was sent to the 2nd rounds in NYC called "HQ event". This lasted 2 days and they made you REALLY feel as if you had a job. There were only 10 of us and they said they would hire all of us if they liked us. That was quite a lie. I was probably the most qualified candidate there with 2 previous internships from very reputable companies and also a passion for sales. They asked me some very rude questions like "What do your parents do?" and also one guy asked me why I dropped a class while he was looking at my transcript...I've never experienced such bizarre questions. Most of the questions that the interviewers asked seemed very irrelevant to the position!

When I was leaving the HQ event I was on the elevator with an executive that I previously interviewed with. He told me I was getting an offer the next day...once again that was a lie! The next day I received an email saying I was not chosen. This was probably the most UNPROFESSIONAL experience I've ever had with a company and I am truly disappointed I wasted my time even considering them.

To sum up my experiences with the NY Post- they make you feel very special, but they actually know who they want before you attend the event. If you want to pursue a real career in sales I suggest not to even go there. They are slime buckets and love to manipulate college students into thinking they actually want you.

Interview Questions

• "What do your parents do?"
      "Are any of your family members in sales?"
      "If we offered you this job tomorrow, would you accept it on the spot?"   Answer Question

Reporter/Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Post (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

The two managers I spoke to were very easy to talk to and not intimidating at all. They make it quite clear who's the boss, but they also treat people like actual people. If you speak to them on a personal level, they'll respond in kind. They're nice!

Interview Questions

• What's your background like here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Post (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my University's career services website and an HR rep called me the next morning. She was friendly and asked me several questions mainly about why the Post and why sales. She then invited me to NYC to interview with them in person and told me I would be interviewing with 3 people, herself, a more senior HR person, and a senior account exec. Once I was in NYC and at their office, the same woman interviewed me and it was one of the strangest interviews I've ever had. She was asking me questions, that genuinely weren't questions, I had no idea what she was saying. She would just kind of stare at me, and when I would answer, she would ask something weirdly unrelated. After her, I found out that the more senior HR person was out of office and I was walked to the account exec's office. He was in a meeting so I was walked back to the waiting room. He came and got me and interviewed me. He was also a different person than they told me I'd be interviewing with. I thought the interview with him went well, although he seemed to be unfocused on me and acted completely unprofessional towards one of his employees, pretending to strangle her in front of me. They seemed totally unprepared for me and just kept dropping me off in places that I didn't belong. I was told I would hear back soon, which I did, that I was not a fit. I would firmly agree with their decision.

Ad Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Post (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I spoke with a hr representative, sales employee, and an executive. The interviews were mostly conversational, only asking a few technical questions. The company culture seemed comfortable and the executive was quite approachable. I would suggest candidates to read up on News Corp and have specifics to bring up.