Nixon Peabody Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nixon Peabody Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nixon Peabody (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with Partner and some Associates. Smooth interview. No curveballs very straight forward and fair. Talked about course work, grades, type of work I was interested in doing and where I wanted to be down the line. Emphasized teamwork.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nixon Peabody.

Interview

Applied online and then had a 45 minute interview with HR over the phone. They asked more in depth questions then they indicated they would. Thought it would be a general call about the position, etc.

Interview Questions

• Seemed like a complete interview vs HR just asking questions.   Answer Question

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nixon Peabody (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very positive interviewing process. Initial phone screen by in-house recruiter followed by in-person interview with OMP and Deputy OMP; followed by another in person interview with department heads/leads former OMP and regional Office Administrator. Although I did not receive an offer it was a very pleasant experience. I communicated that I had other offers on the the table and they accommodated that by expediting the interview process, which I thought was very thoughtful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nixon Peabody (Washington, DC).

Interview

There was a reception you had to get invited to as the first screening. From there, they did callbacks. I got a callback, but I left wondering why on earth they brought me back. The main recruiter was extremely nice and seemed genuine; but she was not the one who did the callback interviews. Out of my two interviewers, one barely looked me in the eye and asked me one question the entire time - picking at his food and acting bothered. I'm fairly certain the other came into the room with the presumption of not wanting to hire me because of the amount of volunteer work I had on my resume (probably assuming I didn't actually want a firm job long term - even though I do). Overall, there seemed to be a high level of collegiality between the attorneys, and the office in DC was beautiful. I cannot say something bad about Nixon Peabody based on one bad experience. I really enjoyed the reception, but based on how condescending my interviewer seemed, I probably would not apply there again in the future.

Records Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Nixon Peabody.

Interview

I had a local interview with Office Administrator, Office Services Manager and Records Clerk. I receive a phone call from Upper HR management to discuss how I felt about the position and then made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• local interview then a phone call from Upper HR management to make an offer   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nixon Peabody in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through my law school's on campus interview process and was selected for an interview. Brief, 20 minute interview with a partner and an associate. Mostly asked questions to try and figure out my personality/what my interests were/if I vibed well with them and their firm. Didn't have time to ask any questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my path to law school, how my summer job was going, and a lot of questions about experience on my resume.   Answer Question

Staff Position (Not A Lawyer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nixon Peabody (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very thorough interview process, which took about a month from start to finish. Phone interview with HR, then on to the hiring manager and then in-person interviews with law firm staff. In the end I did not get the job, but it was all refreshingly professional and I was not left hanging. Everyone I spoke to or met with was receptive and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous experience working at a law firm?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nixon Peabody (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Completed a phone interview with Nixon Peabody. Interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and covered all aspects of my resume. Interview seemed to go very well, and the interviewer was kind and friendly. Walked through all aspects of them firm and the benefits associated with the position. I never heard back from them nor did I receive any response to my follow ups.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/Weakness
      Approach to difficult people to work with
      Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nixon Peabody (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person interview. HR contact was very helpful and friendly and put you at ease, attorney asked very few questions and gave very little insight as to the job skills wanted or needed, phone interview was with remote manager and did not ask any questions just reviewed the firms benefits.

Patent Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nixon Peabody (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Office Manager first, then came back for a 2nd interview with three attorneys (two patent partners,one associate). Thereafter, I had an additional phone screen/ interview with HR before being offered the position.