Northampton Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Northampton Community College

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Northampton Community College

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northampton Community College.

Interview

I received the job lead by word of mouth. I took over another professor's courses. It was part luck, part networking.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, there was a fee structure for teaching per credit.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northampton Community College.

Interview

I submitted my application into the adjunct pool and got a call a few months later. The interview was very casual with a full time professor in the department and an administrator. They were very upfront about what they were looking for and made sure I had those qualifications. The pay scale and ways to move up that scale were readily available.

Interview Questions

• How did your experiences in graduate school prepare you to teach these courses?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Interview

Waste of my time. They trotted us out for interviews only to hire someone who was already in a lower role working there already. The person hired has far, far less experience (by a lot) than other candidates. If you knew you were going to hire someone already in place, we'd all appreciate you not wasting our time asking us to come in for interviews. The fix is in for all these positions. It's all internal people who do not have the best qualifications compared to outside talent.

Management Interview

Interview

I was incredibly disappointed by the lack of professionalism afforded to candidates that came to campus. I assume I was likely 1 of 3 candidates brought to campus after a phone interview. I never, ever heard anything from them for weeks after my interview. I learned from their website that they apparently have filled the position. It would have been courteous to have sent the candidates who were not selected an email at least saying "Thank you so much for your time in coming to campus. We have selected another candidate at this time and the search is closed". Not thanking candidates who take a day off of work and spend hours on campus shows a lack of attention to detail and, quite frankly, it's incredibly inconsiderate. How you treat your candidates reflects how you value people. If you went for an interview somewhere, you would have appreciated being told "thanks for your time". Send out a form email if you must, but communicate SOMETHING to candidates you did not select. It's simple common courtesy.

Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northampton Community College in June 2015.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Some scenarios questions involving difficult situations with students, staff and management. Some personal questions were asked that shouldn't be asked; however, hiring committee was friendly. Most other questions were usual questions specific to skills and past work experiences.   Answer Question

Employment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northampton Community College (Bethlehem, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial face to face with group. Applied online via college website. Was called one week later to be advised another candidate was offered job. Fun interview, relaxed environment, beautiful campus.

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northampton Community College (Bethlehem, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

After you apply for the position you want, you wain until they have enough applicants to start scheduling interviews.They were quick to get back to me and an interview was set up within a week. A face to face interview took place, and i was asked various questions about myself and my experience. Overall it was a very relaxed experience.

Management Interview Interview

Interview

Like the last poster, I too came to campus for an interview. Aside from other red flags I experienced during the process, I heard nothing after the interview. It's common courtesy to let candidates know they were not selected. I know others interviewing in higher education have experienced the same treatment. Industry aside, a "thank you, we selected another candidate" is assumed. Consider yourself lucky not to be selected for an interview here.

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northampton Community College in November 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by colleages and my manager with technical questions. I also had to write a program. The job requires Java, C#, ASP.NET, and perl. I was asked some questions about each language.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They would not negotiate.