Northern Alberta Institute of Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northern Alberta Institute of Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology

2.6

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology in January 2011.

Interview

very nice. they were upfront and personal about some things. i like the guy that interviewed me. make sure you ask about their lives. met with the hiring manager. then meet with a two-person panel and was asked a bunch of "what would you do" questions. its ok to say i dont know.

Space Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Was very positive, comfortable, and questions were well written. They were open to answering questions from myself and provided honest answers so both parties could ensure the relationship was a good fit from both sides. Questions were appropriate for the position - being both complex and relevant. Preparation for the interview included understanding the work of public service as well as how an educational institution operates. Only criticism is that their HR department wasn't very helpful once an offer letter is signed. Couldn't tell me where to go my first day, what time I should be there, or how to arrange for parking. Had to track down the contact information of my reporting manager on my own and ask them.

Interview Questions

• How I approach resolving conflict amoungst peers, leadership, and clients.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and it was fairly easy to do. They prepared for me to push back and respected what I felt I was worth.

Technologist Interview

Interview

4 people interviewing. They asked some technical questions by providing examples. Wanted to explain what I have done till now and what my goals are. Each person asked about 4 questions

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in January 2018.

Interview

It was technical interview, with situation based questions. One week notice for in person interview. Group panel of three employee, one from HR and other two from the department conducted the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

Had at least 5 rounds of interviews. Extremely redundant process. Too much back and forth on same issues. The process could have been much shorter. Lot of personality compability questions. Was asked to integrate and how would i better sure the core values of the institute

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard, except that they called at 4 p.m. for an interview the next morning at 9 a.m. and the H.R. Dept. was sending out form requests that had been sent to other perspective employees. It had their (not my) name in the email!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student putting down another student in class?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and did not hear from them for a month or so. Then, got an email which instructed me to create a Skype account for the interview. The interview was a panel interview. Very basic questions about the classroom management and content delivery. I found the interview to be very easy to manage. I was surprised that they did not invite for an in location interview and to give me a tour of the location. Later, found out that there is a high turn over rate, and they do not care because many hired leave before a year is over.

Interview Questions

• Very basic and easy to answer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Pre-Screening Interview followed by face-to-face interview with a panel. The Panel consisted of a Mix of Management and Instructors. The process took a few weeks to complete and was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions one would expect of a college. 30 minutes of softball questions.   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (Edmonton, AB) in March-2017.I applied online for the project management position, two weeks later received a phone call to invite me for an interview, followed by a details email, they asked me to bring project portfolio documents with me. The Intrivew panel included three people ( HR, PMO manager and an IT manager).

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare yourself for this interview?   1 Answer

Helpdesk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Hiring process was average. One interview with an HR person, one manager and a supervisor. We met at an HR office on campus. All the interviewees were there sitting in the waiting area downstairs.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions, problem resolution questions, and proudest moment / accomplishment at work. Questions about work experience and reasons for leaving previous job(s).   Answer Question