Norwegian Air Shuttle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Norwegian Air Shuttle Interview Questions

Interviews at Norwegian Air Shuttle

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norwegian Air Shuttle (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

The first interview was a one on one with the HR Director, followed by a swim test. The questions were mostly about personal outlook and revolved around personality. The second interview was a group assessment on problem solving skills followed by a panel interview. You are given a problem to solve within the group and they assess how you work as a team player. In the panel interview they ask a mix of questions that are not your typical interview questions and that are.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Norwegian Air Shuttle (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I had to erase my last contribution to add more information. I've applied online on June 1st, I got an email to do online assessment, I did it the next day. I was waiting for an email for the next step or rejection. I got the congrats email and invitation to the swim test and first interview here in Ft. Lauderdale. I had the swim test on July 7th. I got the Congrats email same day at night, I really appreciate the expedite process. I will attend the second and final interview on August 1st. Hopefully they will make a decision quickly. The training will be starting early September. I can't wait to be part of Norwegian!

Interview Questions

• Why you want to become a flight attendant?   8 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Norwegian Air Shuttle (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Here is the step by step process. A person only progresses to the next step by invitation only. 1. Send resume electronically. 2. Complete online assessment. 3. attend in-person orientation of the company and initial interview. 4. attend group interview and one-on-one interview and swim test. 5 Attend uniform fitting and then receive hire letter. 6. After invited to training you must still pass practicals before earning your "wings".

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an unruly passenger?   9 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norwegian Air Shuttle (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

online application, written online test- try to answer as many questions as you can, swim test - you have to be able to swim 3 laps and pull yourself inside the raft from water, 1 on 1 interview, group interview - make sure you work as a team, support ideas of others, be creative and get involved in discussion..and 2 on 1 interview - basic questions about how you react to different situations at the job, describe the time when you had to approach unruly passenger, why would you like to work for this airline..etc..

Interview Questions

• What would make a smile on your face at the end of a long working day?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Norwegian Air Shuttle (Warwick, RI) in May 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I got invited to take their personality test. It's been a week and have heard nothing back yet. I'm applying for a new line out of PVD and have done a lot of searching for info on the process with no luck. Still waiting and fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• The questioner consisted of a series of the same questions to figure out your character.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norwegian Air Shuttle (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Going through process currently but it seems to be going smoothly. They have been in contact since day 1. I am excited to see what the interview process is like compared to Emirates Airlines. I worked previously for Emirates and it was one of the best experiences of my life.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norwegian Air Shuttle (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was divided into online assessments, Step I, and Step II interviews. During the step 1 interview, there was quick interview, and a swim test of 100 yards. Step II consisted of uniform fittings, a group interview, and individual interview. Got a response about a week later and no offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you and a co-worker did not get along?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Windsor, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Norwegian Air Shuttle (New Windsor, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First completed the 2 online assessments, after which I was called for the initial interview and swim test. We all did the swim test first which consisted of swimming once back and forth in an Olympic size swimming pool. There was supposed to be a raft we would have to get into, but fortunately for us they couldn't obtain one in time. Everyone passed even those that stopped midway coming back since they were allowed to continue. Afterward there was a very short interview with the key question of what is the most important job of a flight attendant, answer: safety. The second interview consisted of a group assessment and a longer interview with an HR representative and a crew cabin employee. The group assessment consisted of reading through materials of a mock department store and then as a group contributing ideas and coming up with 4 key points to help the store increase their sales. The individual interview had the usual questions, describe a time you dealt with a coworker you did not get along with, what would you do if you had to make it home to an important event but your flight was delayed, why Norwegian, why a flight attendant. I felt very comfortable at the interview but the HR person kept closing his eyes while I spoke. I don't know if he was actually falling asleep or if it's an interview tactic to see how I'd react, or if he always does this. I said nothing and thought it was both weird and rude. Afterwards we all tried on all the various uniform pieces and our measurements were recorded. We also had to submit a copy of our passport or visa, and fill out in their database our SS # so they could do a background check.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important job of a flight attendant? Why do you want to become a flight attendant? Why do you want to work for Norwegian? Can you describe a time you had a problem with your supervisor, also at the first interview describe a time you had a problem with a coworker. What would you do if you had an important family event to attend the next day, and you're sitting on the plane and the pilot announces that the plane will be delayed until tomorrow.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Norwegian Air Shuttle (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Took a swim test in an outside pool that was freezing. Had to swim 8 laps. I had no problem but some did and I found it pointless. I got sick after because of swimming in freezing water in November

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norwegian Air Shuttle (New York, NY).

Interview

I have worked with another airline before. This was the most chaotic interview process. Sadly, it gave me an example of what the airline is right now. The wage is minimal, to the standards of real airlines, the benefits were not gone over (which is a terrible sign of what you will not get), and its substandard conditions to try to acquire talent. You pay for your housing during training, which is something the major airlines would not require you to do. You get a free uniform...oh wow thats great? You get capped at on hours you could fly per year, due to EU regulations. Your gross monthly income will end up hovering, slightly over $1500 for 55 hours a month, with slim chance of picking any hours up, due to "wanting to give a chance for everyone to make some money". There really is no possible way to live on this minimal amount of change in the New York area. In my opinion, this is the Walmart of airlines, they pay nothing, and have you living off food stamps and Medicare. Someone got up and left during the interview process, I was respectful and stayed. The person that left, currently works for a commuter airline, and said they left because of the substandard benefits and treatment of employees, from the presentation given. They don't pay or reimburse you for traveling to the interview. Honestly, a waste of time and money.