Norwich University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.0

Adjunct Faculty Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northfield, VT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norwich University (Northfield, VT) in October 2016.

Interview

Was a direct interview with the Director of the Nursing School. I was familiar with teh University and the Director of the nursing school,. We had a long conversation about the pros and cons of teaching at the college level as this would be my first course at this level..

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Norwich University.

Interview

Interview was easy and straightforward. Hiring process is antiquated, inefficient, paper forms (some of which look like they were created in 1970 and copies of copies of copies). Multiple interviews with different people. One person in HR was very helpful. The rest seemed like they couldn't be bothered. Benefits person was least helpful. With the exception of the youngest/newest staff, most HR staff seem like they are just killing time, waiting to retire.

Negotiation

Very inflexible. No negotiations possible.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Norwich University (Northfield, VT) in August 2014.

Interview

Fairly simple, I explained my previous experience within other departments within the University and how working for the Dean of Students office could assist them with ongoing projects. I also frequented the Dean of Students office performing Honor Committee functions, so they long knew my face and were aware of what I had to offer. One of the most helpful assets to the process was developing a friendship with the office manager and the Dean of Students prior to the interview and application process.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with handling confidential and sensitive information?   1 Answer

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northfield, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Norwich University (Northfield, VT) in August 2011.

Interview

Followed up on a posting on the Norwich University employment website. Note that part of the process involves having official transcripts sent by your alma maters to Norwich, in order to verify that you meet the minimum educational qualifications.

Interview Questions

• There were really no difficult questions. Other than asking about my work experience, I was questioned about my teaching experience, which was mostly as a teaching assistant in graduate school. I described it enthusiastically, which may have helped sell me.   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northfield, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Norwich University (Northfield, VT) in July 2011.

Interview

I got the call right away after submitting my resume to HR. I didn't have any admissions experience but was a Norwich Alumni (they hire a lot of alumni in the Admissions office, but they DO hire other applicants)

I had a pre-interview on the phone with HR. This was very easy. Then I was emailed a short list of questions about my willingness and comfort with traveling, making presentations, and a few other things (I can't remember). I wrote good paragraph-length answers and was very professional (I know someone who didn't take this very seriously and wasn't given an interview at all).

I drove up a few days later for an in person interview. There were three stages. First I met with the Director of Admissions. She basically explained the job and what it entailed. She asked me a few very easy questions.

Then I met with the VP, which was a little scary to be doing for the first time. She was very nice. She explained the company's philosophy and explained the business side of the school since I was a student previously and not an employee. She asked me a few simple questions about my experiences as an undergrad student, very easy and relaxed.

The last part of the interview was the most stressful. You have to give a short presentation on any topic of your choosing. It was very hot in the admissions office and I only had two days to prepare, so I did terribly. But they still hired me. I think they knew I was just nervous.

That was it, I think I heard back a day or two later. Not a hard interview or hiring process at all. I love the HR department here- you can call and talk to them, they are very approachable. As I am applying for other jobs now, I am fiding HR departments that are very inaccessible and I hate it. At Norwich they will give you the name of the hiring and department managers so that you can address your cover letters correctly, and they are happy to answer questions. This was my experience anyways. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable traveling? Making phone calls to students? Giving presentations?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in admissions? Why do you think you are a good fit? Why Norwich?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, you can't really negotiate salary. Unless you have a lot of experience in sales, then they may offer you a little more money, but everyone basically starts at the bottom of the latter (in admissions- not sure about other departments).

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Site (Ghana)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norwich University (Site (Ghana)).

Interview

The interview is on campus, with a panel of 3. The questions are closely related to methods of teaching in class and methods on helping those who are slow or left behind.

Interview Questions

• Average. All questions are direct and straightforward towards teaching and students management   Answer Question