Novation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Novation Interview Questions

2.8

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novation.

Interview

3-step process: Phone screen, in-person direct manager and then c-level management interview. Overall process was informative and if you know your stuff it is not a very difficult process. Everyone is nice

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novation (Irving, TX).

Interview

Interviewed with a large group in segments of 3-4 at a time. The questions were canned and quite superfluous. The group was looking for a specific person.; Not skills and the questions were designed to set you up for failure rather than to get to really know your talents and capabilities. I felt uncomfortable the entire two hours. The recruiter did not call after the interview and for a week I could not get a straight answer from anyone. Finally I reached out to the actual department manager who must have forwarded my message and then I received a call telling me it was "so close" but I was not chosen. Recruiters are great in the beginning and then become unresponsive. This was my second interview with this company and u will never apply again. The culture is quite stiff and strange. Very, very disappointing experience.

Staff Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novation (Irving, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was first. Succinct and to the point. Very pleasant. In person interview was next: met first with hiring manager, then with some other colleagues. Very pleasant experience. Nice to get a feel for the energy of the company and the department. All my questions were answered thoroughly and with eagerness. The receptionist was helpful as well. Very pleasant experience all the way around.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novation.

Interview

Phone screen with HR. 1 on 1 interview with department director in office. Very relaxed and laid back process. If you are unable to make it into the office, they will conduct all interviews over the phone.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novation (Irving, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Three senior analysts asked me standard interview questions - my experience and skill level with the tasks and technologies involved with the job, plus strengths/weaknesses and so forth. Technology-related (programming) questions were very specific. The difficulty is average because if you know your stuff you would be fine, and then the differentiating factor would be how much they liked you.

Interview Questions

• A few of the VBA Questions:
      What is option explicit?
      What is the byRef do?

SQL questions:
      What are the four parts to referencing a database object?
      What is the difference between the WHERE and HAVING clauses?
      1 Answer

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Novation (Irving, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

There were a couple of phone screens but the in person interviews were very standard

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Slight about of negotiation, but since I was getting a relocation package they were pretty stern on salary negotiation

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Novation (Irving, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

I was initially contacted by phone by a the HR recruiter to ask my salary expectations. I had a second phone call to schedule an in person interview. I met with a director and VP during my face to face interview. After that I was called by the recruiter with a verbal offer and the negotiation process was all through the recruiter. The entire process took less than three weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very typical of a normal interview. There were no case studies or technical questions outside of the job requirements posted.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered lower than I expected. I countered with a higher amount and was countered with an amount slightly higher than the original offer. I was told that would be the final offer. I asked for other bonuses and incentives such as a sign-on bonus, etc and was told the company pays out an annual bonus that I would be eligible for later.

Portfolio Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Novation (Irving, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

quick and easy with no difficult questions, phone call with human resources, phone screen with hiring manager, onsite interviews with directors, senior director, VP, and SVP. overall, good experience

Interview Questions

• how did you hear about Novation? how do you like to learn? how do you deal and navigate through a matrix environment?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novation (Irving, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied for position on LinkedIn and received a call from Novation Recruiter the following week. Had a phone screening with Recruiter, and then scheduled face-to-face interview with the Hiring Manager. Got a call back to go through another interview with the VP of the department. Received a call following week informing me that I did not receive the position. Overall, a fast process and very solid line of communication.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novation (Irving, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

STAR interview method used - Situation/Task, Action, Result, Targeted Selection
    The company has many Cliques, and Silo's that are often difficult to negotiate. Some of the Senor Mangement are difficult and not employee friendly. However there are a lot of very good leaders in this company. Company tries to be provide work/life balance. I would say overall the company is a very good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with others? How do you handle conflicts?   Answer Question