Novelis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 28, 2017

2.5

Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Novelis (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Easy interview, it was just a couple of hours. They only asked basic questions about my educational and employment background. First were two phone interviews with recruiter and then bosses. Next I was called in for face to face with bosses and met with HR.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Why are you leaving your current position?
      Why do you want to work for Novelis?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted without countering. The offer was fair however I did negotiate for an extra week vacation.

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novelis (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied on line sending resume and personal info, phone interview followed by face to face with several interviews with category managers, line manager, Regional Director in the Procurement department

Interview Questions

• What are teh most significant past experiences you think are preparing you for this job?   Answer Question

Recycling Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novelis (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews. The first one, a phone screening, asking about what I expect to earn and what I previous earned as far as wage. They also asked very basic question. The second part of the process was with the head HR person. That interview was very straight forward and I was asked typical interview questions. The third round of interviews was a panel interview with the manager of the department as well as 3 other people from the department. This interview was more informal and they wanted to know more about me personally and see how I would fit in with the department.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an issue that needed to be resolved immediately and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation. I researched what the average salary was for the position I was applying for as well as what other people's salary's were that were similar to my desired position. They asked me what I wanted to get paid and they responded by saying that I was spot on and I ended up accepting the offer.

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novelis.

Interview

I submitted an online application and a few days later had a call back for a phone screening. Shortly after that I was called for an in-person interview. The interview was about a half hour with a panel of three people, but it seemed they were looking for someone with different qualifications than what I had to offer. The whole process took about a month.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novelis.

Interview

I worked with a recruiter initially for one position then after turned down on that, a few months later, saw another suitable position that I applied to online. From there I worked directly with the company HR. They were friendly and informative. I interviewed over the phone with HR then had some skype interviews. Travel was reimbursed when I flew for in-person interview. They were very thorough in reviewing my experience. It was a very straight forward process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background experience and how you feel that you would be a good match for the company and for the position.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novelis (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Met in person with 2 people. We sat down in a conference room in a view that overlooked the City Of Atlanta. The hiring authority proceeded to describe the history of the company and the responsibilities of the role that I was applying for. We then proceeded to ask me a series of questions that determined my qualifications for this position.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe some T-Codes in SAP?   1 Answer

Architectural Drafter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Novelis (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

First I had to complete an online personality screener. Then I had a phone interview with the Personnel Director. Finally, I had a Skype interview with a Project Director.

Interview Questions

• What are your qualifications?   1 Answer
    • What are you looking for in a job?   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths?   1 Answer

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oswego, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Novelis (Oswego, NY).

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview and the HR team did not contact me as planned. I waited for another half hour and still no contact. When I followed up with the recruiter who asked me to interview for the position he stated he was not surprised they did not contact me and this has happened before. Apparently they will be trying to schedule another appointment. Not a vary favorable view of the company at this point if they can't meet any commitments.

Novelis Response

May 22, 2015

We are aware of your specific situation and apologize for your unusual experience. Occasionally, miscommunication can happen when calendar availability is re-organized, but we were able to quickly ... More

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Novelis in April 2015.

Interview

Brief conversation about experience and some behavioral questions on the phone. Not a very long interview either. Probably because it was for an intern position. I had applied on the campus website early in the semester and received a call close to semester ending about this position.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Novelis.

Interview

You have a college interview after career fair, phone interview with HR depending on plant location you are being considered, then last a face-to-face interview. Resume related of projects during internships while completing undergrad. Panel interview with hiring manager and hr manager. First was a plant tour which you need to be alert of the process such that they may ask you technical questions related to safety you have observed on tour. Next interview process. Very informal. You meet the plant manager then they take you out for lunch. Interview is complete after lunch. Upon successful completion an offer is made 2 weeks later. Make sure to send follow up emails to the persons you met to show extreme interets!

Interview Questions

• Did you learn or ever use root cause failure analysis methods in school or in your internships? Describe a time where you had a project that you couldn't complete by deadline, what did you do? Describe experiences with project management? What are your biggest weaknesses? What are your greatest strengths?   Answer Question