Nyrstar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2016

1.2

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Nyrstar (Clarksville, TN) in June 2009.

Interview

This was the easiest interview I ever went on. Talked to three people separately maybe. Very easy. But they took so long to offer I had completely forgot about them....

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated extra vacation should of negotiated more pay, they will be desperate for a good engineer in the future, they have none on staff now and will need somebody to do the sticky gooey hard jobs successfully in the near future...

Chief Maintenance Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Mochito (Honduras)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nyrstar (El Mochito (Honduras)) in April 2015.

Interview

I got called in to the Assets Managers office, and he asked questions related to the position, and how i would solve day to day situations. He already had an idea of what the end result should be, he just did not have a road to get there.

He was looking for someone that could built that road for him. so he asked a lot of questions to make sure i had enough knowledge to achieve the goal.

Interview Questions

• how would you implement an Root cause analysis program, taking into account that this people have many paradigms?   1 Answer

Lead Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I interviewed at Nyrstar in October 2014.

Interview

There were two interviews in the main office in Zurich. The office facility is nice and in a very good location. The interview went well. People interviewing were easy going and mainly focused on the personality aspects. There were no tests or cases.

Process Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nyrstar.

Interview

Very easy to get through the physical. The job interview was very comfortable and informal. Didn't take long to hear back from them. they were very helpful with any questions and the job description was spot on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very straight forward

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nyrstar (Zürich (Switzerland)) in January 2013.

Interview

Both interviews took place over the phone only. Highly unstructured and somewhat unprofessional as there really were no questions related to my experience, but more my willingness to commit to moving and the vision of the company (though I am well qualified, so perhaps this was more of a recruitment than a true interview). Background check and drug testing which were required according to paperwork was never completed once the job had been accepted. Very strange interview process overall.

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Balen (Belgium)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nyrstar (Balen (Belgium)).

Interview

Moest eerst testen afleggen bij uitzendkantoor. Ging vooral over technische kennis in chemie, mechanica en fysica. Als je iets of wat daar kennis van hebt is het niet zo moeilijk.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was er geen onderhandelingen mogelijk.

Produktionsmitarbeiter Interview

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nyrstar (Zürich (Switzerland)).

Interview

Schneller und einfacher Einstellungsprozess vor einer Gruppe von Menschen. Einige davon waren Manager und andere zukünftige Kollegen.

Die Erfahrung war sehr komisch, da einige der Personen beim Bewerbungsgespräch in Zukunft mir Bericht erstatten müssen.

Quick and easy hiring process in front of a group of people. Some of them were managers and others future colleagues.
    This experience is weird since some of the people who were at the interview would be later people who were going to report to me.

Interview Questions

• Keine. Hauptsächlich auf den Hintergrund fokussiert   None. Mainly focussed on background   Answer Question

Negotiation

Sehr schnell. Sie brauchten Leute die eine große Anzahl an Angestellten ersetzen, die in Rente gegangen sind oder gerade in Rente gehen.

Very quick. They needed people to replace the big number of employees who had resigned or in the process of resigning.

Produktionsmitarbeiter Interview

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nyrstar (Zürich (Switzerland)) in January 2014.

Interview

Es gibt keine formellen Tests. Nehmen Sie die Leute, von denen Sie interviewt werden, für sich ein, und Ihre Chancen, dass Sie den Job bekommen, stehen gut. Die Fragen sind Standard und liegen im Ermessen des Interviewers. Die Personalabteilung nimmt als Mittler teil und führt die Konversation, aber die Entscheidung trifft letztendlich der Abteilungsleiter.

There is no formal testing. Win over the people interviewing you and you chances of landing the job are high. Questions are standard and are at the discretion of the interviewer. Human resources participates as a intermediary steering the conversation but it's ultimately the department managers decision.

Interview Questions

• Standardfragen. Was sind Ihre größten Schwächen? Nennen Sie ein Beispiel für eine schwierige Situation, der Sie gegenüberstanden? Usw.   Standard questions. What's your greatest weakness? Can you give an example when you faced a difficult situation? Etc..   Answer Question

Negotiation

Schnell und problemlos. Dauerte nicht länger als eine Woche.

Quick and painless. Took no more then a week.