OEC Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

OEC Group Interview Questions

Interviews at OEC Group

2.8

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OEC Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initial phone interview then office interview. Interview conducted by Dept head and HR rep. Very rude, laughing and smiling at responses that did not require follow up answers but they felt did. Still got the offer and declined. To be clear, this is a great company for job security, but not a place you want to work at in the Chicago office.

Interview Questions

• TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF
      WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT OEC GROUP?
      WHY THE LOGISTICS INDUSTRY?
      NAME TWO POSITIVE QUALITIES ABOUT YOURSELF
      WHAT IS A NEGATIVE QUALITY AND HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH IT
      HOW DO YOU HANDLE STRESS? NAME A STRESSFUL MOMENT AND HOW YOU DEALT WITH IT
      WHY DID YOU MAJOR IN POLITICAL SCIENCE BUT APPLYING FOR A LOGISTICS POSITION?
      WHERE DO SEE YOURSELF IN 5 YEARS?   Answer Question

Mar 22, 2018 – OEC Group

OEC Group appreciate your feedback and apologize for the negative experience! We are continuously looking for ways to improve and encourage you to apply for open positions again in the future

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosedale, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OEC Group (Rosedale, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email from the recruiter to pick a time on her calendar to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter was extremely unorganized and emailed me the day before the interview asking me to pick a time on her calendar even though I already did and she never replied. On the day of the intended interview, I got a call 30 minutes after the scheduled interview time from the frantic recruiter who seemed to be in a rush to get me in. It didn't leave a good impression on me and she didn't think I was a good fit for the role after I told her about my work experience and major.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions.
      Tell me about yourself.
      What do you know about the company?
      What do you want to do when you graduate?
      Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Mar 22, 2018 – OEC Group

Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry to hear that you didn't have a positive interview experience. As the company continues to grow and expand, we are looking for ways to improve our recruiting... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OEC Group (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process took about 3 weeks - 1 month. The interview is a three step process: one over the phone (about 20 mins), two onsite (on site interviews with eight managers - four for each onsite interview from different departments). Each onsite interview can lasts anywhere from 15 mins to 30+ mins so don't feel intimidated if your interview is short.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?
      Why this company?
      Example of how you worked in a group, what skills did you use, and how did you do? (Group question really important)
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OEC Group (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online and few weeks later I got an email for a phone interview. It went very well, the HR recruiter was very nice and it lasted about 15min. A week later, I got an email for an onsite interview. That will be next week.

Interview Questions

OEC Group Response

Apr 26, 2018 – OEC Group

Thank you for giving us feedback! OEC Group is delighted to hear about your positive interview experience! We are always dedicated to providing the best interview experience for our candidates.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OEC Group (Itasca, IL) in June 2018.

Interview

Applied online, HR contacted me to schedule a phone interview with local office. A day & time were set, that day and time came and went without a phone call. Two days later I received a call with an apology for not calling me. We scheduled for 5 days later and that time also came and went and no one called. This company dropped the ball twice, HR emailed me asking how the interview went. I explained what had happen shortly after I received a call trying to deny, I asked to be removed from any openings they had.

Interview Questions

• Not sure what questions they ask since no one called me.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosedale, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OEC Group (Rosedale, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Very simple process. Began with a phone interview followed up with an on-site interview. The people who interviewed me were very lenient and wasn't your traditional interview. If you plan on interviewing for the sales department, make sure you can fit their culture.

Interview Questions

OEC Group Response

Mar 22, 2018 – OEC Group

Thank you for your feedback! OEC Group values the insight you have given about your interview experience and we want to ensure you that we are continuously developing new strategies to make the... More

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosedale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OEC Group (Rosedale, NY).

Interview

I applied online and received an email the following day, expressing interest and with instructions on how to schedule an initial phone interview. I scheduled for the next available day and spoke with someone from HR for about 5 minutes discussing basic qualifications. I was invited the following week for a second interview which went well in my opinion. I was then contacted via email the following day to return for a 3rd interview in which I met which several managers from different departments. The last person I was introduced to, told me that he really didn't have any questions for me because of my rave reviews and that they had made a decision already. One would assume something like that would only be said to a candidate if it is them they are referring to. I gave it a week before sending a follow up email reiterating my strong interest in working with the company, only to receive a rejection email the following day. In my opinion my time was wasted. And I felt somewhat led on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a challenging situation or an unhappy client at your current position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OEC Group (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple with mostly behavioral questions. The people were pretty nice. There is a phone interview the first round, then an in person interview is set up at the office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

The interview process was extremely inefficient. After applying, you get a phone call from HR where you introduce yourself and they explain the company, position, and ask some basic questions. An e-mail is then sent to schedule an in-person interview with three managers and an HR rep. The HR rep leads the interview by basically repeating the phone interview and asks if you have any questions. Each manager then asks a question each. The questions are the most generic interview questions and it seems like they're asked just for the sake of their presence there. You're then sent another e-mail to schedule the 2nd in-person interview which is the same interview AGAIN with other upper management. Note that each step occurs a week apart making the entire process last around a month long. Huge waste of time for a generic interview!!

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OEC Group (Itasca, IL).

Interview

over the phone quick interview. then in person interview with all managers of the office. they ask you questions one by one, but the department you will be working for will ask the most.

Interview Questions

• name the biggest challenge and accomplishment of you previous job   Answer Question

Mar 22, 2018 – OEC Group

Thank you for your feedback! We value you as an important employee and appreciate your hard work and dedication to the company.