ORBA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.4

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ORBA (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

People are so friendly in the company. And they will treat you a dinner as a part of the interview process. I got in the second round but did not get the internship.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ORBA.

Interview

Was great. Spent the day interviewing. I met with a bunch of people more than the average interview. Was a fun day and learnt a lot about the firm. The people were exceptionally friendly.

Entry Level Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ORBA (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through University. Interviewer made me feel relaxed. Questions were mostly behavioral with few personal (social life, traveling). Overall I am very satisfy with the whole process and on-campus meeting.

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ORBA in October 2015.

Interview

All the people in the company are friendly and kind. I had the second round interview, which is an onsite interview. During the process, I had three thirty-minute interviews with different people. Partners' questions were more open than behavioral questions. But all of them are nice to help you and tell you more about their company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ORBA (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through college's career website and met with them to talk at career fair. They were very nice and the HR manager who interviewed me was so laid-back and nice. Interview was all behavioral questions. It just felt like a normal conversation. ORBA is a great company and prides themselves on being a "nice" company. HOWEVER, they seemed unprofessional on following up. I had to repeatedly email them for more information about an already offered second round interview at their office.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ORBA (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I received a call from someone in the marketing department to set up a time for me to come downtown to take an editing test for the company to see if I could continue on to the next step of the interview process. So I set up the time and went downtown to their office, arriving about five minutes early. I proceeded to have to wait for an additional twenty minutes for someone to take me to an empty conference room to take the test. The test was three parts. Part one included editing simple things, like addresses for formatting and sentences for grammar, and ended with a spelling test. Part two was editing a two page document explaining who ORBA is and what they do. Part three was typing up a handwritten letter in business format. None of it was too difficult. When I finished, I was told that I would hear back from the head of the marketing department by the end of the following week.

The following week had come and gone, so after a week and a half of waiting I finally reached out to the person I had spoken with to set up my test. He never responded, but within minutes his boss (who was originally supposed to reach out to me in the first place) emailed me to tell me that "while my resume was impressive, it did not meet their requirements." I was confused by this since I assumed they would not have called me in for the editing test to begin with had that been the case originally. I think I might have edited their documents differently than they had wanted, so I did not move on to the next step, which is completely understandable. However, I had reached out to the person that set up my interview prior to coming in to see what style guide they use so I would be familiar with the general rules, and my message was never returned. So if it was because of a stylistic difference, I understand, but instead I was fed what felt like just a generic line that did not really apply.

Interview Questions

• I did not have any questions to answer.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ORBA (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

On campus interview with a partner. Then a two person interview in office downtown Chicago. Go out to lunch with two staff members and have a short talk with the human resource person. On the whole, I knew much more about personal and estate taxes coming out of the internship. I wish we would have had more hands on training and more walk through of the software we used at ORBA.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ORBA (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

It's a pretty laid back interview. If you are recruited on campus, you will attend an on-campus interview. Afterwards, they will let you know if you are invited to an office visit. The office visit lasts a few hours, and you typically meet with at least 6 different people (greeter who answers questions and gives you a tour of the office, 2-3 separate interview sessions, lunch with 2 people and HR). It's a great opportunity to meet lots of people to see if you could picture yourself in that environment. The questions are more to get to know you versus typically behavioral questions. Don't be nervous during an interview! People are friendly and have been in the same position as you.

Entry Level Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ORBA (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

It was a very casual interview with one associate from the company. They seemed to just want to assess your personality and make sure you were familiar with the size of the organization.