OSHA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OSHA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2017

3.4

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OSHA.

Interview

The phone interview included a panel of professionals. It was very enlightening, and very interesting even if one didn't get the offer. They did want to know about experience, and asked questions accordingly.

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OSHA (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2012.

Interview

First, I had a brief telephone interview to determine basic qualifications and interest. Later, I met with a panel of 3 supervisors. After working through a series of questions and discussions I was later contacted that I had the qualifications and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Have you investigated accidents?   1 Answer
    • Do you know what OSHA, ANSI, ASTM, ASSE, NEC, NFPA, stand for and what they do?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable writing and filing reports?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just waiting to hear back. It's a government position so there isn't much to negotiate.

Industrial Hygienist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at OSHA (Boston, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

Very mater of fact. Some technical questions, some public contact questions on how one would handle certain situations and how you would help a company to comply with Federal regulations

Compliance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OSHA (Dallas, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Strange interview- was asked several behavioral type questions, which was expected, but also had to calculate a math problem, on the spot, right in front of three interviewers. I was read the question and had to write all the details down and calculate the answer in a certain amount of time. Then I was presented with a typed letter and had to proof read everything and make grammatical corrections, all of which was down on the spot in front of the interviewers. To me, this was very strange because it broke up the flow of a traditional interview, panel or not. I feel this should have been done at a different time, either by HR or in a separate private room.

Office Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OSHA (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

Panel interview with pre-printed questions. Mostly to discover skill set and ability to learn quickly.

Interview Questions

• What computer programs are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. Entry-level, but promotion of a full level each year. Makes sense because this is a specific job, no one can just come in and know what they are doing.

Small Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OSHA (Washington, DC) in April 2008.

Interview

Initial interview straight forward, typical; nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Compliance Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OSHA in April 2012.

Interview

It was a cold-atmosphere interview. The nature of the interview did not allow for building a rapport .

Interview Questions

• What would you do if denied entry into a business   1 Answer