OTG Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

2.0

Specialty Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OTG Management (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

First, I went to a interview in Brooklyn at the Marriott hotel. I had 2 interviews that day. 1st with Justin and later Kyle. Then I was told I made it to the next round which is "a day in the life." They basically have you shadow a manger in that position while they interview you.

For the "day in the life" interview, I went to JFK. There I had a sit down interview with someone from upper management. Then I walked around with a operational manager (I think). The whole process took about 3 hours. It was annoying and not worth it.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a time where you were asked to do something you didn't like or agree with? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Multi Unit General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OTG Management (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter found me and I had to do a day in a life, 2 face to face interview and one phone interview. Some interviewers were very detailed. One of the GM that was newly highly hired seems to be miserable, the other one loved his job. Negative part is paying for the airport parking and not being reimbursed, it was not even mentioned. If I was looking for the job that will be acceptable.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OTG Management (Newark, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email (within a day or two) to come in and meet with Sr. management. I confirmed my interview time and arrived on time. Upon arrival I realized that there were many people interviewing at the same time.

A woman had me fill out yet another application on paper. After filling out the application it was placed in a pile. The woman was calling out names based on the order the application was received and prescreening people. After about 40 minutes I was called up to be screened. She asked me about my experience and said that she would recommend me to be a server because I didn't have enough bartending experience. I declined the offer and the interview was stopped.

The entire experience was a waste of time! No one there had seen my resume, and I still don't understand the purpose of applying online beforehand just to fill out another application on arrival. If I didn't meet the qualifications of the position I applied for they shouldn't have requested an interview with me! Also, I don't understand the purpose of setting up an interview time as it clearly didn't matter. Anyone could have walked up and interviewed in the order they arrived.

It took them an ENTIRE HOUR to see me for my interview. This company is a complete WASTE of time!

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OTG Management (Newark, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Its an open house where you will sit for about 2 hours after filling out the application. They start calling people one by one and you will meet with either 2 or 3 different people who will interview you.

Interview Questions

• What makes you fit for this job?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OTG Management in October 2016.

Interview

Very simple! I applied online and was offered the job upon completion. The personality and skills review quiz questions were straight forward. The trick to answering those questions is being positive, consistent and not too extreme. The employment process that followed is what I described below. It is a very quick and efficient process.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at OTG Management (Newark, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview first to check that I understood what the job was going entail. Then I had an in person interview where I met several other hiring managers and toured the facilities. Then I was invited back to do a tasting.

Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OTG Management (Newark, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

Went to the various restaurant spots at the airport, and was interviewed by several different people/chefs that work there. I was asked to prepare some food, interview did feel repetitive as I was answering the same questions to different people. Overall, it did feel a bit rushed, and I feel that it would have gone better if the interview was only conducted by one or two people (max)

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OTG Management (Newark, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

multiple interviews with a lot of different people, repetitive questioning but understandable considering the size of the company and how ambitious they are. They have very strong chefs and about 40 restaurants and retail outlets in newark alone. met with chefs and management as well as the GM of the terminal, cooked for them as well. relatively easy just time consuming.

Interview Questions

• preferred salary, prior experiance, etc   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OTG Management (Newark, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

Long and I wish that they would speed up the process a little quicker. The aren't very professional or organized but overall it not the worst place to be at. You can get hours and make a little extra money

Interview Questions

• If you had any bad experiences with customers how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OTG Management (Newark, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the same day to come in for an interview. When I get there, i am presented with a paper application and about 30 other people waiting to be interviewed. The wait is about 2hrs before I get called to speak to a GM. Very basic questions but prepare a good answer. Then I am asked to wait again for a second interview which takes another hour or so and asked a couple more basic questions.