Oakland Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oakland Community College Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oakland Community College

Adjunct Instructor of English Composition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oakland Community College (Auburn Hills, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

I sent an introductory email to the chair of the department and received a phone call to schedule an interview. It really was not an interview at all. She had the textbook on her desk ready to go. As long as I was breathing I had the job. I spent about an hour in her office and we chatted a little about the class, her and her department's policies, and that was all.

Interview Questions

• The only question I can recall is being asked what days/times I was available to teach.   Answer Question

Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Oakland Community College.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for an interview 2 1/2 months after the closing date. The first interview was conducted by a 5 member panel. It was a very impersonal atmosphere with 5 desks lined up across from mine. I was also asked to do a 10-15 minute teaching demo on a topic of my choosing. A dean was called in at that point. One month later, I was notiified by e-mail that I was one of three finalists and my references were being checked. After another month, I received a message on my cell phone (have no idea how they got this number) that I was to report for a second interview in 3 days. This interview was conducted by a campus president and associate vice chancellor.

Interview Questions

• The panel asked a ton of questions about assessment. Formal assessment, informal assessment, assessment projects you've spearheaded. At the second interview, there were some questions about professional associations and union environments, tenure.   Answer Question

Hospice Social Workr Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oakland Community College (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

I was initially denied an interview due to not having an MSW degree, but after speaking with HR and explaining that billing for Hospice SW's services is driven by License, not degree, and the fact I held a fully licensed LMSW from the state, got me an interview.I met with Ms.G---, who could not have been more condescending and rude if she tried. She was fixated on why I'd left my last hospice job, and asked me "What would you supervisor say if I called her right now?!" I said she'd say she misses my presence on her team very much and I invited Ms.G--- to call her right then and there. The caustic tone didn't change; the interview went only downhill from there....

Interview Questions

• Why'd you leave your last job, WHY?!   1 Answer

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterford, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oakland Community College (Waterford, MI) in March 2011.

Interview

Six people in a large hot conference room with dim lighting. There was an exorbitant number of questions and from what I can tell a great deal of interest in the position. Included on the panel were faculty from various disciplines and a dean.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate my lecture style   1 Answer
    • What is my experience with CM   1 Answer

A move to another state was not in my best interest at the time

Student Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oakland Community College (Royal Oak, MI) in August 2010.

Interview

Super easy and friendly. Basic Questions on how you deal with people, handle challenges and whatnot. Dealt with the chair of the department and others who work at the school.Not stressful at all. Talked about the school policies. No negotiating the salary as its Union and already preestablished on how much you would make with a raise every year for 5 years