Oberweis Dairy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oberweis Dairy Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.4

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oberweis Dairy in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and within 48 hours received a phone call from the territory manager who then scheduled an in person interview. He was very informative and even showed me the actual commission reports of other sales personnel. This was a relaxed interview where I asked questions and we held an in depth conversation about the position.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to make in this job annually?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oberweis Dairy.

Interview

Applied online, had phone interview, another in person with a dm. Set up an oje at a store, while there I had to take a personality test. Also needed to have 10!!!! references.Quite a lot of hoops to jump through for 30k.

Home Delivery Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oberweis Dairy in August 2016.

Interview

Found job posting online so I applied, was emailed a few days later to come in for interview. It turned out to be a group interview followed by a tour of the facility which lasted about 2 hours only to find that they mislead you with the salary. Strictly commission based, no starting salary.

Interview Questions

Job posting was very deceiving. Positions is strictly commission based but they don't mention that in the posting. You get to sample some of their products which are really good and you tour the facility.

Administrative In Corporate Office Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oberweis Dairy.

Interview

I participated in a 1.5-hour interview with Joe Oberweis and his HR assistant. Additionally, I spent 2 hours taking a personality test. My interview went well and my background matched the necessary skills for the position. The interview was laid back, and the format was discussion-based versus answering a series of questions. I made good connections during my interview and we spoke about the format and expectations for my next interview. It was very positive. I was very excited for my next appointment. However, I never heard back--not an email, phone call or a letter. I even composed a pleasant follow-up letter and never heard back. I felt this was very unprofessional and disrespectful, especially since I took time off of my job and spent time preparing for the interview. I invested nearly a half day interviewing and taking a test, and I thought it was pretty tasteless not to hear back.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oberweis Dairy (Elgin, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

This interview was the briefest one I've been to. I don't think it's on my end - I was early by 15 minutes, dressed formally. It was very informal; done in the little restaurant, and I feel like the manager might not have had much experience as an interviewer?

Either way, most of the questions were standard. There wasn't anything out of the ordinary. The employees were kind when I got there and when I left. It looked like it would have been a fun job. I was stuck in the "need job experience for job, can't find first job" loophole when I applied here. I'm sure there were more experienced people who applied. Just don't stress it and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? Mostly standard interview material.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Oberweis Dairy (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was basically a description of the job along with a few questions about availability. The process was very laid back and calm. The questions asked were very similar to what you filled out on the application.

Another job offer.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oberweis Dairy.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the week after. I went in and they had me fill out a physical application,. Unfortunately, this was my first interview ever and I didn't bring my social security number. We actually had the interview outside where there was two people interviewing me. Both of them were really nice and the interview was pretty easy. I just wasn't what they were looking for.

Door to Door Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Oberweis Dairy in June 2013.

Interview

This is a very typical sales interview. You are being sold on the potential to make a very good income ( $60,000) . You are an employee of the company and your income is 100% commision. Training is two weeks at $400 a week. There is a background check and a drug test you must pass.

Interview Questions

• The interview was pleasant and more of a sales presentation.   Answer Question

I decided door to door sales wasn't what I wanted to do.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oberweis Dairy.

Interview

The hiring process is ridiculous. You have a phone screen, then an in person interview, go to a store for an "on the job experience", interview with the DM and then an assessment test you take that lasts about 1 1/2 hours. They act like you are applying for this 6 figure position. I ever got a call back after going through 2 months of this process. I think its very unprofessional to lead someone on with going through the motions of all this for a job and not having the professionalism to at least call people back.

Interview Questions

• They were basic interview questions. Why do you want to work for Oberweis. What are your strenghts and weaknessess. Talk about your previous job history. How you would handle a difficult customer or employee.   Answer Question

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palatine, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oberweis Dairy (Palatine, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

my first interview went great it took about an hour and we went over alot of stuff overall i was told id get a second interview. the second interview was at 9am which was no problem. the person who hires the shift leaders had a totally different way of interviewing which from what i understand is normally how its supposed to happen,but ive personally never had one like that. that interview only lasted about 15 minutes with a short goodbye and was told i would be getting a call in a few days.i waited several days before calling back and it took a few tries before some one with the knowledge of my interview would speak to me. i was then politely told they found some one better for the position basically meaning i didn't get the job for what ever reason. the store manager was very polite and sincere s there were no hard feelings. overall it wasn't to bad i guess personally i was just unprepared for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• what are my pet peeves about working in the food restaurant industry?   1 Answer
    • what would my previous employer say about me?   1 Answer