Occidental College Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 14 interviews

2.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Occidental College

Occidental College

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Occidental College

Interview

The interview process was a conversation with the hiring manager, including some questions about office experience. It was just one step, so it was very manageable! The training was also very thorough

Interview Questions
  • They asked about previous experience and skills relating to the computer software used in the office
    Answer Question

Occidental College

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Occidental College in Aug 2021

Interview

No email confirmation. The notification for the job opportunity was through a phone call. Was in the restroom when I told him I was going to call back. He called back after just 15 in when I was still busy and when I return the call he ignored my call. Very unprofessional way of conducting business and suggest to not work in this environment.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to travel more than 30+ miles?
1 person found this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,892

960 Comments

Teachers

169.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Occidental College~22839
Join the conversation on

Occidental College

Application

I interviewed at Occidental College

Interview

Half day interview, met with other members of the team, asked standard questions about experience. Didn't give many scenarios, asked about what I was interested in, gave a lot of time to ask questions about the position.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at Occidental College (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks. They were considering students with work study so the job was restricted to a degree. Everybody involved with the process was really nice and made interviewing for the job comfortable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Occidental College (Los Angeles, CA) in Mar 2018

Interview

Mainly an email with five questions. First, few questions are designed to weed out those who can't start right away and have certain salary expectations. The last question goes over a project you worked on recently. After a few days, you get an email from an internal resource that someone will reach out to you for the next steps. Days go by with no call or follow up email. I noticed the position is no longer available online. Then a few weeks later the position is open again. No courtesy, inform applicants to expect a followup call or email, then nothing.

Interview Questions
  • Should you be offered this position, how soon would you be available to start upon receipt of an offer?
  • Can you provide your current salary expectations for this position?

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Occidental College (Los Angeles, CA) in Jan 2018

Interview

Very quick and easy I was happy to meet the hiring manager go over some of the logistics quickly understand what the job was really about and then have it offered to me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Occidental College (Los Angeles, CA) in Sep 2016

Interview

I submitted my application online through email with my certifications to the lifeguard coordinator and was offered the job without an interview. The lifeguarding itself takes minimal effort since patrons are fairly responsible (college students). I had to get a second job on campus because they hired a lot of lifeguards and hours are limited.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Occidental College (Los Angeles, CA) in Aug 2016

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in-person interview with two individuals in the department. Answered a set of 6 or so questions. The questions were straight forward, standard interview questions. It was not an intimidating experience, very comfortable environment.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you an ideal candidate for this position?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagle Rock, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Occidental College (Eagle Rock, CA) in Aug 2015

Interview

There was an interview panel that consisted of 5 interviewers. All took turns proposing questions and explaining the mission of this institution. It was a professional setting, and beautiful campus.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you think you’re the best candidate for this position?

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Occidental College (Los Angeles, CA) in Dec 2014

Interview

Interviews had two components: group activities and one-on-one interview. The group activities consisted of various problem solving exercises and the individual interview consisted of around 5 questions that tested candidates understanding of the position and how they are qualified for the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Interviews