Octapharma Plasma Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2018

2.1

Plasma Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Octapharma Plasma (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview was very lengthy (2 hours) asking most questions more than once and in different ways, I suppose to see if I would answer differently. Asked a lot of personal questions but gave some advice along the way. They take you on a tour first, then in the office for the interview. Oh, and there was a phone interview before, I believe from the corporate office or somewhere out of town.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you screwed up on the job and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Octapharma Plasma in October 2017.

Interview

Called for a phone interview after applying online. Scheduled in-person interview for the following day. Interview was typical until the interviewer, who wasn't "the deciding factor" informed me that I didn't have the experience she thought necessary for the position I was interviewing for. She then suggested I start at a lower position and work my way up, but couldn't give me an exact time frame. I was interviewing for the phlebotomist position and she suggested starting as a Donor Floor Tech, the only difference being that phlebotomists do sticks and Donor Floor Techs do not. But if I didn't have the experience necessary, why call me in to interview for the position in the first place. And why would I start in a position that wouldn't get me the experience they were looking for?

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit for our company?   Answer Question
    • Name a time at work when you made a mistake and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Octapharma Plasma (Columbus, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy and it was informational. The Manager That interviewed me explained everything about the job from A to Z. I actually enjoyed the interview. I applied at the south high street location. I was hired on the spot I just had to wait for the drug test. Which came back negative so i was good as usual. I just wish I started the job but I had some discrepancies with a family member and there getting to work. So I didn't get to start my job. I just wish they could have used me for part time until I got the situation fixed. With me having 16 yrs of medical experience under my belt this would have been great as well.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a donor that is upset because they wont get to donate that day? Or when a donor that has waited for a long period of time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Octapharma Plasma (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Very easy questions Just a few questions about my previous experience.Mostly just conversation about the position and what I've done before.Real layed back interview ..probably easiest interview I've been on in a while

Interview Questions

• I see you worked at _____ what did you like and dislike about that job   Answer Question

Processing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Forestville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Octapharma Plasma (Forestville, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and four months later received an invitation from the manager by phone. The onsite interview questions were about your character. Received a job offer three business days after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Octapharma Plasma (Chesapeake, VA).

Interview

Pre-made typical interview questions asking about your experience and character. I did read some of the questions that were posted on this site, but overall I think that if you are able to just talk on the spot about yourself you will be fine. Interview was very informal and relaxed and was offered the position following the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went above and beyond what was expected of you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Octapharma Plasma (Omaha, NE) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and called that day, had an interview the next day, took a drug test and it took a couple of days for that to come back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you chose to work for this company?   1 Answer

Processing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Octapharma Plasma (New York, NY).

Interview

I was interviewed during a new center hiring blitz. First I was interviewed by the center Assistant Manager and an HR rep from corporate, then I was interviewed by a senior HR rep from corporate. Everyone was very friendly, questions were relatively easy, mostly yes/no questions, a few behavioral questions (Describe a time when...).

Interview Questions

• What is your style of management?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Octapharma Plasma (New York, NY).

Interview

I got there 10 minutes early and I waited for about 5 minutes, I was taken back to meet with two women and they asked me a lot of questions. Started with tell us about you and then on to ask me why I wanted to work there and how I handled certain situations. This all lasted maybe 20 minutes when they told me they liked my upbeat personality and attitude and wanted me to meet with their supervisor and the director of this Doner center. I was then put in another room with 2 more women they were higher up than the last two and they asked me about pay and how flexible i was. Told me about the history of the company. They asked me more behavior like questions and asked me what I would do in situations. They offered me 9 an hour there was no room for negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to over come a challenge in the work place   Answer Question
    • When was a time you had conflict with your employer.   Answer Question
    • Why do you have a passion for phlebotomy   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here. What makes you a better choice. What can you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Octapharma Plasma (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

They will ask you some questions about why they should hire you and if they like you they will give you a tour of the building. If the manager gives you a go the center director will come in and do a second interview. Then they will send you to take a drug test. Fast turn around time because they can't keep staff.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to do something you wasn't comfortable with doing.   1 Answer