Odeon Cinemas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Odeon Cinemas Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.3

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Odeon Cinemas (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

I had a phone interview and then was invited for a F2F interview the following week. The interview was skills/experience based, having attend the interview over 3 weeks ago I am still yet to be contacted with an outcome and/or feedback. I feel very let down with this interview process and feel I have been unfairly treated. I did not feel as if the interview went badly and I have chased the recruitment partner 3 times for feedback/outcome/update and still haven't been communicated with. Terrible customer experience and feel very let down.

Interview Questions

• From the job description, which skill would you feel you need to build on the most   1 Answer

Cinema Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blanchardstown (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Odeon Cinemas (Blanchardstown (Ireland)).

Interview

I applied to the Blanchardstown Odeon Cinema in Co.Dublin. Around 2 weeks later I had a phone interview with questions about my availability and experience. I got an email 2 weeks later inviting me to the recruitment day. There was approx. 50 of us. We were split into groups and had to act out a play using the 4 words that Odeon pride themselves on. Then we got told one person in every group was a SPY who worked for Odeon and were watching how we interacted. After this we interview with the same cinema host that was the SPY. I received a phone call the same day saying I was unsuccessful as I wasn't bubbly enough for them.

Cinema Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Odeon Cinemas (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied to the position, and received an email invitation to the recruitment event. I went along, there were about 10 or so of us. We introduced ourselves before we split into groups and did some scenario questions. Once finished we shared our answers with the other groups and the people leading the event, who were ODEON employees. After this we did a promotion task, where we had to make a tv advert for Limitless. This was a lot of fun. The organisers then went and had a talk etc. They came back and separated us into two rooms. Luckily, I was successful in reaching the interview stage along with a few others. We were congratulated and split up before having our own individual interviews, which went well on my part! And my interviewee knew all the answers to my own questions, props to her for that! Was a very positive experience overall. I got the job, and am enjoying it so far!

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Odeon Cinemas (Oxford, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online.
    Got an email for an interview date.
    went to interview, waited around with a few others.
    individually assesed by being asked questions.
    Manager came down to collect me and they showed us around the entire building so we could get a feel for it.
    we then went back up and did paperwork and saftey stuff, and they also did background checks on all of us.

Interview Questions

• e.g. why did you chose Odeon?
      What skills do you have which would be suitable for this job?
      How long do you plan on working at Odeon?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Odeon Cinemas (Basingstoke, England (UK)).

Interview

Recruitment day - 20 people, we were taken into a screen room and asked to fill in an application form with availability. Then we had a 10 minute presentation on the company and what they were looking for. We have to stand up in front of the screen and say our name, favourite film and why we applied. Then we were split into groups of 5 and given some scenarios to explain how we would sort them. Then we waited in the screen room until our individual interviews (I had to wait about 20/30 minutes) and we were given some popcorn and trailersee to watch while we waited, the trailers ended so we had a large discussion about file with an employee. Finally we had the individual interview which took about 10/15 minutes. It was my first interview so I was too nervous and underprepared.

Cinema Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uxbridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Odeon Cinemas (Uxbridge, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online, and was contacted within a week about an interview. When I arrived I realised it was a group interview, well only me and one other person. We were given a briefing about the company and then we were both separated off to do different tasks with staff. I was taken around the back to see how the bins are taken out, I cleaned a cinema screen, worked behind the popcorn and drinks doing orders and then stupidly, we were made to stand in the foyer and hand out samples from the costa that was attached to the cinema! I thought that was pointless. Much of the other workers told me no one ever does that.

Cinema Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Odeon Cinemas (Birmingham, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview went great as I knew what to say due to working at a cinema before they where happy with my response but got a call saying other candidates had better experience when I have over 5 years of customer service experience and worked at a cinema before. they just expect too much

Cinema Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Odeon Cinemas in March 2017.

Interview

Filled in a application form followed by a group task showing off presentation skills, then after that a 1 on 1 interview with questions about availability, hypotheticals etc and the opportunity to ask questions yourself

Interview Questions

• If you had to pick one movie character to describe yourself who would it be   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maidstone, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Odeon Cinemas (Maidstone, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

when at the interview, i got given questions to answer. giving out case scenarios and what would i do to change them. the process was taken on one to one.

Cinema Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Odeon Cinemas.

Interview

I gave my CV to Odeon through a friend who is an employee there. I then recieved a phone call a few days later from a manager asking a few short simple questions eg. "Have you ever worked to a deadline before". I then received an email a day later notifying me of a recruitment day. The email said the process would involve 3 stages. 1. A group activity. 2. An Interview 3. A short role play