Old Dominion University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 16, 2016

2.3

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a face to face interview with all the departments that would be working with the position. Interview committe was pleasant and made me feel at ease. A tour of the facility was also provicec.

Web Content and Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was called after applying to the position in order to set up a phone interview. The interview was going swimmingly. I was introduced to my phone interviewer, who was the supervising director for the position. After briefing me on that individual's role within the company we commenced with going over the position details. This is when things went south. Once salary was discussed I promptly declined moving forward wth the interview process. If you are looking for a position in the technology field that requires very specific skill sets, please look elsewhere. ODU's salary is dreadfully low and they should truthfully be ashamed at trying to decrease the value of good developers and designers.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

For this particular position, I thought that the interview process was very brief. It almost made me feel uneasy that I was asked so little and so little time to ask my own questions. I was offered the job on the spot, which was nice, but also made me doubt the caliber of my co-workers.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, such as how I would handle certain disputes.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had the interview with three people for this interview. The interview was conducted in WebEx. The interview went for 30 minutes. They told me that they would follow up after 2 weeks. I did not get any followup. I had to email them about the status. One of them replied " This is a continuous recruitment" . I would be notified when it will be filled. After few weeks I followed them up again. But I did not get any response back. In the meanwhile, I came to know that the position had been filled up. First of all, you can not trust them in terms of follow up thing. Secondly, you can not rely on some jobs with " Continuous Recruitment " which may take upto to 3 or 4 months. They do not take their candidates seriously and you can expect the same in their work culture.

Interview Questions

• 1> What is the difference between report and analytics?   Answer Question
    • 2> What is the difference between having and group by clause?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview conducted by a staff member with a heavy Indian accent. Was unable to understand several questions due to this, most of which were technical in nature and could be looked up online as I pointed out.

Interview Questions

• What is a web worker?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between JSON and JSONP?   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

very brief over the phone, resume did most of the work. I had worked in the other school departments so I had expreinces. I am also familiar with the school software and databases making the job easier. I have great administration experience so that helped me get the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations?   1 Answer

Math Tutor Interview

Interview

All the documents are submitted online. After your resume and transcripts have been reviewed and accepted. You'll be called for an interview, and a math test . The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• what do you do when the student you're tutoring wont understand your explanations no matter how hard you try.   Answer Question

Tour Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

I filled out a paper application and turned it in
    I heard back after 2 weeks and was called for an in person interview
    The in person interview was with the director of admission and senior admissions counselors

I got an offer a month after the interview

Interview Questions

• a family is late and you have only 15 min to give a tour.
      if you could choose one building on campus to give a tour of to represent the campus which one would it be?
      1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Old Dominion University.

Interview

After an online submission of my transcripts, GPA, GRE, and personal statement, I was invited to attend interview day. During interview day, I met with several professors for around 30 minutes each. I was contacted later that week and offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my research interests, research experience, and career goals.   1 Answer

Info Tech Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted online application 3-3-2015. Received a call and follow-up email for on-campus interview two weeks later. Interviewed in person 3-30-2015, sent thank you email. Followed up 1 May 2015 after no word. No response to email. Called HR on 11 MAY to find out that the position had been filled and the new hire started that day.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would solve an ethical problem.   1 Answer