Old Dominion University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Old Dominion University Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Old Dominion University.

Interview

I applied using a form and took the speak test and attended the GTA institute for graduate students. It was great and very easy. I enjoyed every bit of the interview

Interview Questions

• How do you fit for this role?, What teaching experience do you have?, what classes did you take in your undergraduate study? It was a pretty easy interview and the experience was good   Answer Question

Peer Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Dominion University.

Interview

Walk into upstairs office and be interviewed by academic tutor. Basically graduate assistant tells you about themselves, then you tell them about you. Questions about resume are asked. Behavioral questions regarding tutoring are asked. Ask some questions yourself.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a student that is having trouble understanding the concept you are talking about?
      How would you handle a student attempting to get your phone number?
      Why do you want to be a tutor?
      Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Interview

This job isnt worth it. Parttime employees are not of any importance. Easy process. Don't actually remember the process. Supervisors do not care about you in the least bit. They expect you to bend over backwards and assume that your part time position at Student Health is your life. Supervisors are petty and vindictive and will limit your hours if you make them mad. No respect for employees.

Interviewed by 2 current employees--supervisors. People were nice and friendly. The interview was quick and painless. They put a façade on when interviewing to make you feel like this is the best place to work but once you start working here you quickly learn that is not the case.

Business Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Dominion University.

Interview

I had a coding challenge that I had to complete (no time frame) correctly upon which I was informed that I will be having 30 minutes skype interview. The interviewer was very kind and asked me about my solution to the coding problem and asked me a couple of data structures questions like speak about their implementation.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a clock?   1 Answer

Web and Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through online. The process took more than 4 weeks. They scheduled a video interview(Webex). It was a panel interview with three people and each of them had a list of questions in front of them. Nothing technical related to our current employment/projects has been asked except those questions.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a face to face interview with all the departments that would be working with the position. Interview committe was pleasant and made me feel at ease. A tour of the facility was also provicec.

Web Content and Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was called after applying to the position in order to set up a phone interview. The interview was going swimmingly. I was introduced to my phone interviewer, who was the supervising director for the position. After briefing me on that individual's role within the company we commenced with going over the position details. This is when things went south. Once salary was discussed I promptly declined moving forward wth the interview process. If you are looking for a position in the technology field that requires very specific skill sets, please look elsewhere. ODU's salary is dreadfully low and they should truthfully be ashamed at trying to decrease the value of good developers and designers.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

For this particular position, I thought that the interview process was very brief. It almost made me feel uneasy that I was asked so little and so little time to ask my own questions. I was offered the job on the spot, which was nice, but also made me doubt the caliber of my co-workers.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, such as how I would handle certain disputes.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had the interview with three people for this interview. The interview was conducted in WebEx. The interview went for 30 minutes. They told me that they would follow up after 2 weeks. I did not get any followup. I had to email them about the status. One of them replied " This is a continuous recruitment" . I would be notified when it will be filled. After few weeks I followed them up again. But I did not get any response back. In the meanwhile, I came to know that the position had been filled up. First of all, you can not trust them in terms of follow up thing. Secondly, you can not rely on some jobs with " Continuous Recruitment " which may take upto to 3 or 4 months. They do not take their candidates seriously and you can expect the same in their work culture.

Interview Questions

• 1> What is the difference between report and analytics?   Answer Question
    • 2> What is the difference between having and group by clause?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview conducted by a staff member with a heavy Indian accent. Was unable to understand several questions due to this, most of which were technical in nature and could be looked up online as I pointed out.

Interview Questions

• What is a web worker?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between JSON and JSONP?   1 Answer