Olin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Olin Interview Questions

3.5

Production Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Olin (Baton Rouge, LA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online. About a week later received an email and phone call setting up a phone interview for following week.
     Had phone interview- approx. 1 hour long with HR and 2 Production managers. was told that i would find out in 1 week if i would move on to next step.
     Received phone call and email stating i was selected to have a 4 hour interview/ plant tour the following Friday. I arrived about 45 mins early to see my competition...and to attend site safety brief. Had a panel interview of 4 managers and HR. very in-depth behavioral based and situational questions.
     2 weeks later i received a phone call from HR manager and Production manager with offer of Employment. It took 6 weeks in total from application to offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when work needs to get done and everyone is in control room with feet propped up and not doing there job?

How do you motivate the unmotivated?

when do you initiate discipline?

how do you gain respect from very senior personnel when you have know time at this company and now you are their boss?
      1 Answer

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gonzales, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olin (Gonzales, LA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview Was about 30 min long with the board operator and operations supervisor. They were nice and didn't ask hard questions mainly behavior questions about where u work. Overall good experience

Maintenance Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olin (Charleston, TN) in October 2013.

Interview

It's an all day process! It is a panel interview where you meet many different people during the day but never the person you would actually report to. It is a personality based interview. It's based on how you answer scenario questions and how well you do talking with many different people about different things.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a quick decision?   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Alton, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olin (East Alton, IL).

Interview

Interviewed with three people. All were nice, also thorough.

Negotiation

Olin would not negotiate.

Plant Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Olin (Henderson, NV) in March 2012.

Interview

1) I applied for the job online with my resume.
    2) I received an email for pre employment testing.
    3) I received an email for a job interview.
    4) I completed the job interview.
    5) I received and accepted the job offer.
    6) I underwent medical screening, physical, and background check.
    7) I received a start date and began working.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you complete a job assignment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Loader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Olin (Niagara Falls, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Ridiculous asking old culture questions. They ask things that have absolutely nothing to do with the job. A joke!! Took forever to get into the place just to end up getting fired. Just stupid questions from stupid people.

Interview Questions

• If you seen a fellow employee doing something that could cause danger what would you do?   Answer Question

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Olin (Chattanooga, TN) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very structured. Lots of detailed questions about previous jobs and why I left. Had to go into great detail about my past supervisors. Had to describe what they were like and their management style.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to talk in great detail about your past jobs.
      Talk in great detail about why you left past jobs.
      Talk about you past supervisor management style.
      Talk about what you are looking for.
      What are you pay range that you are seeking.
      What are the benefits that you are seeking.
      Answer Question

Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Olin (Stamford, CT) in January 2010.

Interview

Began work as a temp under the aegis of the Corporate Finance Department, then was hired full time (during a hiring freeze!). I spoke with the Department heads, then their managers and finally the Treasurer.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging questions related to my lack of previous experience in this field and how I was going to get up to speed quickly, as there really was no time for training. I needed to have a plan in place before I got to the final interview. Fortunately, my track record as a temp had already laid the groundwork for me. However, I needed to be concise in planning, and show commitment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As it was a hiring freeze, I did not negotiate. However, I was offered a higher salary than my peers at that time.