Olympia Sports Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Olympia Sports

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olympia Sports.

Interview

Great interview lasted for a little over an hour. Had to answer questions about customer service to leadership and how do you get along with other people to how to help out a customer that's not happy.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olympia Sports in February 2017.

Interview

Extremely easy interview considering a strong retail background. I myself was more qualified than the store manager and other staff so i believe i asked more questions than the store manager. Upon follow up with the district manager i was only asked two questions.

Interview Questions

Pay was terrible. I was offered a full time position for $10 an hour. Upon asking the district manager about benefits they had little to no information to give me but gave me a corperate number. Upon contact and research the benefit coverage left a lot to be desired.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olympia Sports (New York, NY).

Interview

Traditional interview with some standard interview questions, comfortable friendly environment. Interview took place in the back office at one of the store locations with the District Sales Manager. Interview questions pertain to customer service & sales knowledge, background experience and future goals.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond customer service standards to please a customer?   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olympia Sports.

Interview

It is a fairly quick process. Trainee's typically interview once with the Store Manager and again with the District Manager. They both work from the same interview packet, so you may have some repeat questions in your second interview. There are several categories in the interview packet with three questions per category. The interviewer must ask at least one question from each category, but may ask you all three if they chose. Your answers are rated on a scale of 1 to 7. Your overall score determines whether you are a likely candidate. If you pass both interviews, you might be called back for a background check and a job offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you define good customer service?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of a time you did not get along with somebody from work. How did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your best supervisor. What made them so successful? Tell me about your worst supervisor. What made them so unsuccessful?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to make an exception to a rule in order to get something done.   1 Answer
    • How would you sell me this item?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olympia Sports (Mooresville, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

interview process was short and efficient. had to take multiple tests however, unexpected. overall it was a good experience. i would recommend doing some research first on the company before going to the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Foxborough, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olympia Sports (Foxborough, MA).

Interview

It was pretty laid-back. The district manager asked me questions about how I would handle customers that were upset, etc. They asked why I wanted to work in the store/why sporting goods, etc. No trick questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit at Olympia Sports?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Olympia Sports.

Interview

Brief, general questions, your standard interview. They basically just want to make sure you are reliable and will show up on time!! Also want to make sure that you are computer literate and can keep track of all sales while remaining personable with customers.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness as an employee?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olympia Sports (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Brief process, doesnt take more than 20 minutes. Hand in your application in person, they prefer that rather than online. Also dont hand it back in the same day you picked it up, they prefer you take your time and bring it back another day. They ask you to fill out some forms about your preferences about different tasks (stocking, cashing, selling, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Sell me this shoe insert.
      Name a time you worked as a team.
      Define integrity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Olympia Sports (Burlington, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Easy couple of questions. They're looking for your interest in sports and shoes, very calm interview. They mostly talk about sports with you to see your knowledge of sports and products. Also spent some time talking about sneakers and shoes. Knowledge of the brands is a huge plus.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went beyond what you needed to do to help a customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olympia Sports.

Interview

Got an application from the store, filled it out, they called in 3-4 days and I was interviewed 3 days later. They called 2 days later offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was probably "When was a time where you went above and beyond what was expected of you?"   Answer Question