On Target Jobs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

On Target Jobs Interview Questions

2.8

Team Meamber Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at On Target Jobs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online from Target.com. About a week later they called me for an interview. They asked me to do the test on the computer but I could not finish then called me to go to the office. I got the job after an hours with a group interviewers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

offered me 9.50// hour.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at On Target Jobs.

Interview

There was an overall of 3 interviews total. The process lasted about a week. I applied online. Target called me back within 3 business days. I wasn't able to answer my phone when they called, but I did call back. When I called back, I spoke with a Target hiring associate I believe, who set me up with a phone interview within the next two days. The phone interview was fairly straight forward. Question that relate to why you want to work at target and what can you bring to target. The phone interview also included scenario/behavioral questions that are very similar to the ones already listed on this site. If you study, you should be fine. After the phone interview, I got scheduled to come in for a second interview the next business day, which was in person with one of the Target HR member. The in person interview questions were very similar to the phone interview, but make sure you still study because you need to present yourself very well since it is in person. After the second interview, the HR asked to me walk into another waiting room for my third interview with another HR member. The third interview were questions was pretty much identical similar to the second interview. Once the last interview was finished, I got a conditional offer on the job (if I pass the background and drug screening). They offered me an hourly wage that is not negotiable since I don't have any experience. Overall the interview process was very straightforward. However, make sure you study the questions on this site and practice on how to present yourself. Also, try to make friendly conversations during the interview rather than just answering the questions. This will give you a better chance of being hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?
      Tell me a time when you had to work as a team?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Pharmacist Interview

Interview

I had a call from a recruiter by applying online and then we set up a phone interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your leadership will grow   1 Answer

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chambersburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at On Target Jobs (Chambersburg, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

After submitting my initial application and resume online I'd say it was about 3 weeks before I was contacted by a regional HR rep. Once contacted I was scheduled for a phone call followed by two over the phone interviews with the HR rep, a behavioral assessment test online, and then finally a video conference interview at the nearest Target Distribution Center. Everything was great...until the video conference interview. I first conducted a tour of the distribution center (something I'd highly recommend trying to do a few days prior to the interview if at all possible) and then placed in a conference room for the interview. The camera angle was rather odd, and the conference room was a little bit messy - not what I expected. The conference was a timed event with a specific time window. It was conducted in three "30 minute" segments by six different senior group leaders and HR staff in teams of two from the center I was applying for. The first two were significantly late considering we only had 30 minutes, however they were very friendly and that portion went well. The second two were a struggle to connect with and that portion did not go so well. The last two were pressed for time and outside of the conference room maintenance personnel began jack hammering the wall so we could barely hear each other. Overall it wasn't a bad experience and I feel my biggest failure was to properly represent myself in as few words as possible. All questions centered on typical behavioral assessment questions, and many of the questions were repeated by each team. I was allowed to use the same scenarios for each of the same questions, but by the third interview this became a little confusing as to what I had already used and how I had used it. I also over estimated the requirements for this job - it is quite simple and the pace and requirements are far less than the position I currently fill. Not realizing this till I got the tour left me a little bit unprepared for my own questions as the job seemed almost too easy. I am also from a military background with a considerable amount of leadership experience at a much more involved level then what a group leader would usually have the opportunity for - something that in hindsight I think I did not represent properly during the interviews.

Interview Questions

• No questions were necessarily difficult. It was exactly as the HR rep explained it would be and centered on behavioral assessments primarily. There appeared to be a heavy focus on quickly building relationships, fostering productivity, and one group did focus in pretty heavily on why I would be interested in relocating so far for the job. They also asked several times about my willingness to relocate - which I think I bit on too hard as the location was not even remotely close to the region or states that I had originally been applying for.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at On Target Jobs (Moreno Valley, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

you first get a phone call for an interview you have to go through a total of 3 interviews before they let you know weather you have gotten the job or not

Interview Questions

• what is one of your strengths and one of your weakness   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at On Target Jobs (Denver, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

1. Technical Interview Phone Screen - Covered lots of basic concepts and jargon
    2. In-Person Advanced Technical Interview - Whiteboard in front of a group of developers
    3. In-Person HR Interview - 1 on 1 with at least 1 HR person
    4. In-Person Management Interview - a couple more 1 on 1s with various managers

Interview Questions

• You should probably be very handy with SQL and design analysis with UML   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at On Target Jobs (Englewood, CO) in June 2012.

Interview

Contacted by the company to interview for a sales position. Pretty standard, no surprises

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience   1 Answer
    • What kind of company are you looking for?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at On Target Jobs (Woburn, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

It was good...

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at On Target Jobs (Englewood, CO) in January 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with a VP-level person in the company (the hiring manager). Most of the interview questions were standard for the position. At the end of the phone interview, I asked what the hiring process would be and the timeframe for making a decision. The hiring manager seemed "squirmy" about giving me a straight answer to a question that most professionals would ask. He told me it would be at least a week until they finished phone interviews. I called back after a week and left a message for the hiring manager, who has never given me the courtesy of a reply.

The same day I called to follow up, I noticed that the position was re-posted online. A few days later, I called the HR department to inquire as to why the position was re-posted, and if there were any other questions I could answer about my experience. I never did receive a reply from HR.

If you ever interview with OTJ, don't expect the courtesy of a phone call or follow up e-mail. After interviewing with them, I have a much lower opinion of their management.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at On Target Jobs in July 2012.

Interview

Sales-related questions. No challenging questions to worry about. during 1 on 1. Its the out of the blue sales call to convince a C-Level Exec.he needs your product.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember this past season finale of "TheKilling" do you think I remember a 30-minute interview 8 years ago?   1 Answer

To clarify my last interview was 04 and obviously I accepted. It was not part of OnTargetJobs until its acquisition in 2006.