OnPoint OC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OnPoint OC Interview Questions

Interviews at OnPoint OC

1.4

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OnPoint OC.

Interview

Very quick process. They bring you in and talk to you for 5 minutes. They then tell you that they want to bring you in the next day for a "working interview." That consists of soliciting from business to business trying to sell things. Don't even bother applying here.

Account Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OnPoint OC.

Interview

It's a thinly veiled Ponzi scheme. They said the job was as an account manager for a sports marketing company that worked with the Angels and a number of other professional sports teams. Then they said they were a promotional advertising company in sports and entertainment. Then they said the position was a sales job. Then it was a sales internship with the promise of a job at the end. The first "interview" was what they called a meet-and-greet in which they don't let you talk and convince you to come back for a second round interview. I smelled something and should have known at this point that this was not legitimate, but I need a job. I just graduated college and the market isn't great for liberal arts majors. Anyway, the second interview consisted of some guy driving me to what seemed like a staged sale of some tickets to the Rio hotel in Vegas and dropping off some guy he's been "mentoring" to do the same. Then he drove us to a Starbucks where he told us to go inside while he made a few phone calls before coming in and asking some interview questions intended to make it seem like I was on the cutting block of something that I didn't want to get cut from. Intimidation and manipulation tactics. He gets compensated for recruiting new poor saps to fall for this trap. Don't do it. Just don't do it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OnPoint OC (Orange, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Quick phone interview to schedule 2nd interview
    2nd interview to schedule 3rd interview
    3rd interview is where you get to see what they actually do...I might add, it is not what the majority of my group expected. It's door to door soliciting, plain and simple. Some of the interviewees were turning in resumes at the businesses we were soliciting at. At lunch we decided to call it quits and took an uber back to the office. The owner/CEO seemed like a good guy I could approve of; he gave us $12 dollars compensation for our ride expenses which was about 48% of the overall cost..

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OnPoint OC.

Interview

The hiring process actually gives you the opportunity to see what it is like working there. You actually get to know the people that you will be working with and you get to see their success within the company

Interview Questions

• They didn't just ask me they saw it through my actions when I shadowed an account manager for the day   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OnPoint OC (Orange, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted almost immediately by a recruiter and endured a brief phone interview in which the position was described in detail. I was told that I would be MANAGING an Telecommunication account in charge of spreading awareness about the CARE Program along with 15 customer service reps. I was told that the SALARY was 45k to 50k.
    Prior to my interview I read some things about this company that sent up some red flags in regards to how people were promised certain things that were never delivered and that upward mobility was a facade so I called to confirm that the position was not a commission only position and that it was a management role that I was interviewing for.
    Long story short; It was all lies to get me in the door only to be told that "everyone starts as a rep', setting up booths in front of 99 cent stores and trying to close people on signing up for this program. I was told that I could move into a management position within 3 months as the last 5 managers had done. Then when I asked how many managers they had, i was told 1.
    WOW. what a waste of my time AND THEIRS.

I should have listened to the other reviews on glassdoor!

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OnPoint OC.

Interview

My first interview only lasted about 10 minutes. Just general questions and they try to feel out what your attitude is like. Second interview was an all day interview. They didn't tell me much except to wear comfortable shoes. Got there at 8 am and I shadowed an employee.. Basically went around all day soliciting businesses, selling them a coupon package for a sports team... Literally going from door to door to different businesses. Lunch at 12, they showed us a chart of the pay scales. A week of "work" or soliciting paid $500. They explained and said, "the better you do the more you make, I made $650 last week!" Then after a few months or a few weeks depending on your performance you get moved up into a more manager position etc etc. We were supposed to be back by 5 but with traffic we got back to the office at almost 6 pm. Now the third interview begins. You wait in the waiting room while person you were with all day and the rest of the team has a meeting. They pick a few people to hire. Then they pull you in one by one and interview you one more time before they tell you whether you made it or not. I got the job but did not take it. If I knew what kind of a marketing job it really was I would have never wasted a full day walking around soliciting. But if that's your thing, then more power to you! The team of people working there were great. All very positive and happy. All very driven people there to make money and hustle. Just not my thing

Interview Questions

Wasn't the type of job I was looking for.

Account Representative Interview

Application

I interviewed at OnPoint OC in March 2014.

Interview

Interview is short. Pretty much you are guaranteed a second interview, which is a field trip day that begins at 9 am and lasts until 5 pm

Interview Questions

• Questions are straightforward. They ask why appeals you about the job. They also ask if you like sports.   Answer Question

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OnPoint OC (Orange, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Arrived early, still waited 25 minutes as the room was filled with other people being interviewed (Red Flag 1). People are all different ages, some with a college degree, some without (Red Flag 2) are called in and leave 2-5 minutes later (Red Flag 3).

When it came my turn, my interviewer was nice enough, and asked very easy questions such as, "When can you start?" and "How much are you looking to make?" He told me nothing about the "position" itself and asked me to come back the next day to shadow a manager, from 9 to 5 (Red Flag 4) The whole first interview took less than 5 minutes, which was a complete waste of time because they could've just completed this over the phone.

Cautiously came back for day 2, and sat in the waiting room once more. Some familiar faces from the day before, but the room is mostly full of new faces (Red Flag 5). I filled out a waiver saying that the entire day will be voluntary, and that I will not be compensated, and that it's part of the interview process (Red Flag 6). Waiver also asks if you've driven your own vehicle and have your own transportation (Red Flag 7). Seriously, they want you to spend 8+ hours with them as part of the "interview process". As I'm waiting, I see people being led inside, and immediately leaving with a "manager", some of which look no older than 21-22 years old (Red Flag 8). At this point, I choose to follow my instincts from day 1, and get my parking validated, and tell the office assistant I won't be coming back. I leave the parking lot, seeing 5-6 people each paired up with a "manager", with some asked to drive their own vehicle somewhere.

Went home, did some more research elsewhere and here on GlassDoor, and found out the office assistant gets commission for bringing people in for interviews, the candidates all perform the same job, and that the second interview day is where the managers take the candidates out to the field, sometimes as far as 50 miles away, and the candidate goes door to door, trying to sell business products that nobody wants. It's abundantly clear the glowingly positive reviews on GlassDoor are from the same person with multiple accounts. They regularly ignore "No Solicitation" signs and are aggressive in their tactics. Base pay is a one-time(!) 300$ after your first 6 days and after that, it's straight commission. If you went to a 4 year university, and are looking for a career, stay away. If you're looking for a job in PR/marketing/sports, stay away. If you're not away with going door to door and getting turned down, stay away. If you have absolutely no other job prospects, consider coming here.

Company is probably full of scummy people, who interview candidates year-round because they have bad retention rates. It's crappy work, but I guess someone has to do it, just not me, and hopefully not you.

Interview Questions

• Do you Like Sports?
      How much would you like to get paid?
      When can you start?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OnPoint OC (Orange, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Ability to shadow the assistant director's position and what he does on a daily basis. Learn the in's and the outs of what it takes to run/manage a business directly. Observed strategic business tactics and effective communication skills in order to fulfill daily tasks set for the day. Watched him be able to quickly remain solution focused whenever encountered an issue throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?
      What are your weaknesses?
      Why should we hire you?
      What can you bring to our company?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OnPoint OC (Orange, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Took two days to finish the interview and went on three day training. Told me about the pay structure which was basically 100% commission. Promotion was from within and it only takes a few months to get to the management position.