One Chicago Interview Questions | Glassdoor

One Chicago Interview Questions

Interviews at One Chicago

1.5

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at One Chicago.

Interview

The interview was basic, with a phone interview and then three meetings face to face. They go over the company, but it was a door to door business which I didn't know coming into it. Overall, everyone seemed friendly and close like family.

Interview Questions

One Chicago Response

Jan 29, 2019 – President

Hi Reviewer! Thanks for your feedback. We try to be as up front as possible during our interview process. Thanks for taking the time to meet with us. We hope you're able to find a career that is a... More

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at One Chicago (Des Plaines, IL).

Interview

It is not at all complicated. The interviewer knows exactly what he wants and it sometimes can be deceptive if you fail to understand at the first instance or if you don't ask questions. The questions are basic common HR questions.

You're called for an interview and explained what the company does (not what you will be doing). If you pass, which you generally do with such kinds of interviews, you are called for a second interview. The second interview is for them to see if you can work for them. They send you to the field - their door-to-door sales campaign. I was asked to go for 6 hours. I am not going.

Interview Questions

One Chicago Response

Jan 29, 2019 – President

Hey Reviewer! Thank you for taking the time to meet with us. We definitely try to be as up front as possible during our interview process and encourage candidates to see the realties of the position... More

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at One Chicago (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Short. The interviewer didn't read my resume before the interview. Didn't explain that the position I was interviewing for was actually direct sales. He kept saying that the company was responsible for clients's customer growth. Didn't say how. I kept asking. He kept saying marketing. Analytics. Etc. Finally, I specifically asked how One Chicago increases and retains that growth, and he had no choice but to say (in a fancier way) door to door and inside sales. After answering this question, he offered a second interview later that day. I declined.

Interview Questions

One Chicago Response

Jan 29, 2019 – President

Hey Reviewer! Thanks for your feedback and for taking the time to meet with us. We try to be as up front as possible about the nature of the work that we do, and we know that it's not easy. We hope... More

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at One Chicago.

Interview

The people seems nice, fun, and chummy. I was in for about 20 mins. Was asked basic first interview questions and then explained about what they do. I was immediately asked for a second interview.
    Do come in with questions for the interviewer, though..

Interview Questions

One Chicago Response

Jan 29, 2019 – President

Hey Reviewer! Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback for us. We wish you much success in the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at One Chicago (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

It started out fine and they were very welcoming. They did not do well in describing how the job works or anything like that. When I had asked how the day to day was they just said "each day is different" and tried to beat around the bush.

Interview Questions

One Chicago Response

Jan 29, 2019 – President

Hey Reviewer! Thanks for the feedback. We definitely want to be as up front as possible during the interview process. We apologize for the lack of clarity in your situation. We hope you were able to... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at One Chicago (Des Plaines, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

robotic, uninterested, sales pitch. After I was asked a multitude of general questions that seemingly did not pertain to the job description I spent my time by listening to a pitch that was ambiguous to their daily roles and responsibilities as a account manager. Luckily I read Glassdoor's reviews and was able to retract with observable knowledge which then led to an interest and then disinterest by the recruiter/account manager in renewable energy. Although this may be a fit for some, it was below my aptitude.

Interview Questions

I understand that this company might have great possibilities for some but this simply was not a fit for my future.

Jan 29, 2019 – President

Hi Reviewer! Thanks for the feedback. We hope you were able to find a great fit in another industry.

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at One Chicago (Des Plaines, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

My resume was on career builder, got contacted for an interview. The first interview was about 10-15 min, basic questions on info from my resume. Got an appointment for a second interview. The second interview was for couple hours , crash course on the company, basic marketing types, and business approach. They talked about the phases of the hiring, and ask questions to gauge your knowledge in the market. Pretty much, the whole point was to see if your personality fit their ideals and whether or not you have what it takes.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years, and why work here.   Answer Question

Jan 29, 2019 – President

Hi Reviewer! Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you leaving some info that will help others get to know our firm. Wishing you continued success!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at One Chicago (Des Plaines, IL).

Interview

There are 3-4 rounds of interviews. For the first interview I walked into the office and it seemed very informal. I was one of 3 other people being interviewed on that day. The guy brought me back into his office and asked me a few short questions about my resume, explained the position, and then told me I would hear back in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

One Chicago Response

Jan 29, 2019 – President

Hey Reviewer! Thanks for your feedback and for taking the time to meet with us. We hope you were able to find a career that was a better fit. Best wishes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at One Chicago (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Guys this is a pyramid scheme. They want you to sell things door to door, and every job title - “account manager” or “customer service” blah blah is the same thing.

Interview Questions

One Chicago Response

Jan 31, 2019 – President

Hi Reviewer! Thanks for your feedback. We think you might have us confused with someone else, since we do not participate in any illegal business practices. We hope you were able to find a better fit... More

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at One Chicago (Des Plaines, IL) in February 2019.

Interview

started with a quick in person interview where they got to know the person being interviewed. I was asked at the end of that to come in for a round 2 interview where they explained compensation along with pay and general job roles. I was offered a position 3 days later