KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

1. 5.0

Great experience

Mar 30, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training, business development , teamwork, management was cool

Cons

Hours, work life balance

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

I loved working with the people here. Very high energy and pushes you to do your best

Feb 14, 2019 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

They motivate you to become better. If you do the work then the promotions will come and they give you skills to help you further your career

Cons

Theres not one thing i can say wrong. If you put in the effort of the work everything will be fine

3. 1.0

Terrible Place To Work Beware

Nov 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The People That Make Up The Team The So Called Leader's Are All In On It!!! It's Door To Door Sales And It's About To Get Cold Out Side So They Try To Brainwash You Into thinking your gonna make all this money so to me there aint not one pro there!

Cons

Cons! The Whole Company! I am Surprised that the better business bureau Aint Shut That Place Down! The Have You Soliciting And Tell You They Gonna Pay One Thing Then Pay you another!!! If You Have A College degree Or A Half A Brain You Can And Will See This Company Is A Whole Pondis Scam!!! Have You Work Hard Knocking On Doors And Trying Not To Pay You!!!! So Extreme Red Flag!!!!!!

President

Hey Reviewer! Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. It sounds like you weren't able to get a good understanding of the position before you accepted. Please contact the office immediately so that we can resolve any pending issues.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

A very good culture and team, but some improvements needed

Aug 30, 2018 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are a marketing agency that employs door-to-door sales campaigns. When I was there for about 1 month, we were selling green energy to neighborhoods. I felt like the team including the CEO wanted you to improve as a sales person, and were always willing to help you if you stumbled across any issues. Everyone is very positive and makes the experience of work fun. You will definitely make quality friends here. You will definitely improve your communication skills working here.

Cons

We had to work 6 days a week from 9AM-8PM if you can't make sales and are driven to make them no matter what. Door-to-door sales can be tiring from the walking—this is definitely good for you if you have a lot of pain syndromes. The pay eventually gets better as you make sales, and it is a pretty high margin for someone selling something that does not really require a direct payment from the potential customers.

3 people found this review helpful

President

Hey Reviewer! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us some feedback. Wishing you the best!

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fun environment, door-to-door sales

Jan 3, 2016 - Sales Leader in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You'll meet some really cool people, have some fun times-- business trips are a lot of fun and a good way to make some extra money (sometimes). The in-office work environment is fun- sometimes we would play games to pump up energy before hitting the field. You'll learn a lot about business goals and entrepreneurship in the meetings and conference calls; business wisdom that you'll take with you for the rest of your life. You don't have to be at the office until 11am. The managers are really cool and helpful.

Cons

Long days! There was a long commute back and forth, plus the 9-hr day. You have to be going door to door selling products/services rain or shine- torrential downpours, tornadoes, etc. During the initial interview there was no mention that I was going to be going door-to-door, just "face-to-face interactions with customers." I didn't know what I was getting myself into until I went on the follow-up interview with a leader- to the middle of nowhere, where I basically shadowed him for the day. He sold the job well, so I decided to take it. You typically have to be doing door-to-door sales for well over a year before you move up.

11 people found this review helpful

President

Hey Reviewer, Thanks for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you were able to learn a lot and gain new skills in your time at One Chicago. Regarding the cons you mentioned, as you know, we require any sales representative that we hire to complete a full day of job shadowing prior to employment. This ensures that before we ever offer the job, the candidate is able to see the exact job duties performed, including interactions with customers. We understand that face-to-face sales and marketing is not for everyone and we wish you the very best in your future endeavors. Best, The One Chicago Team.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee

The staff is very helpfall

Jan 11, 2019 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

No boss avery g00d Programe to be rich

Cons

Even tO get Base salary have to bring 7 sale to the table

President

Hi Reviewer! Thanks for your feedback, although it is a little hard to follow. We wish you success in your future endeavors.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Perfect Internship Opportunity

Apr 18, 2016 - Account Manager Intern in Des Plaines, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for One Chicago, Inc since January and I love it. I needed a reputable company to complete my internship program in order to graduate in May. I have learned so many skills here that I am able to relate to my classes. The training I have got is right on point. I have previously had retail experience before this position, which I think helped when working with the clients. The employees here are super friendly and helpful when it comes to learning knew product knowledge. I am graduating in May and can't wait to start as a full time permanent employee :)

Cons

The training on product knowledge took me a little while to understand. Now I got it and ready to learn more.

1 person found this review helpful

President

Hey Reviewer, Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you have learned a lot and really enjoyed your experience with us. We are excited to see you continue to grow and develop professionally. Best, The One Chicago Team

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to gain knowledge and get great work experience!

Aug 1, 2016 - Account Manager in Des Plaines, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

One thing that really impressed me about the One Chicago team was their overall focus on the professional growth and development of their team. This is a great place for entry-levels or college grads that want to gain transferable skills and be part of a education-based atmosphere. The team is involved with several charities, so it was cool to be part of a team that gives back.

Cons

They will definitely expect you to work hard, challenge yourself, and hold yourself to high standards. If you are looking for rewards without effort, or just want to clock in and out at a job, this is not for you.

President

Hey Reviewer, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you have found your time with us to be both rewarding and a valuable learning experience. Looking forward to seeing your continued growth and success. Best, The One Chicago Team

9. 1.0
    Current Employee

Don't Waste Your Time

Feb 7, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sales experience, easy interview process, the people working there are all pretty fun

Cons

The whole thing is just a scam. While it might not be a full blown pyramid scheme, its definitely structured the same. They boast about getting great pay but it's all commission based. They'll tell you Saturday is an optional day for meeting your goals if you didnt during the week, its not and they will be really pissed if you try to say youre not going to work on a Saturday. It's all door to door sales, they won't tell you that till youve actually accepted the job but it is. During the interview process they'll tell you about how selective they are and how lucky you are to have made it to the second round but don't listen to them, the place is a revolving door of people getting hired and leaving. They are constantly interviewing anyone that applies and will hire just about anyone and there's a constant stream of people leaving after they've wised up to what is really going on. Don't waste your time on it, its all a scam. Even what you're selling most of the time is just scamming people one way or another.

24 people found this review helpful

President

Hello Reviewer, Thank you for providing your review. We are not involved in a pyramid scheme, since that is an illegal business practice. We keep our business structure very simple, since one of our visions is to provide equal opportunity to those who are willing and capable of making personal career advancements on their own. Regarding your employment experience, as you know, we require any sales representative that we hire to complete a full day of job shadowing prior to employment. This ensures that before we ever offer the job, the candidate is able to see the exact job duties performed, including interactions with customers. Compensation details are also discussed within the job shadow session, so if you were not happy with the job duties or compensation, we’re not sure why you accepted the position. We have designed our interview process so that we can be as up front as possible about the job duties. Please contact us at the office with any further questions or concerns. Again, thank you for your feedback.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Opportunity for Growth!

Sep 23, 2015 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome culture. Love that the company believes that the hardest workers deserve the most recognition. There is a lot of emphasis on both personal and professional development. Fun loving management team and everyone believes in work hard play hard. There is a lot of room for moving up in the company. The non seniority was huge for a lot of people!

Cons

It is hard work. Sometimes we needed to work a little more than your average 9-5 position. If what you are looking for an average clock in clock out position and expecting to do the minimum amounts of work this is not the place for you.

President

Hey Reviewer, Thanks for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you had a great experience at One Chicago. Thanks for providing details that will help other applicants understand what the company and work atmosphere are like. Best, The One Chicago Team

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Reviews