One Chicago Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 27 reviews

3.6
One Chicago CEO Juan Olmos
Juan Olmos
  1. "I loved working with the people here. Very high energy and pushes you to do your best"

I worked at One Chicago

Pros

They motivate you to become better. If you do the work then the promotions will come and they give you skills to help you further your career

Cons

Theres not one thing i can say wrong. If you put in the effort of the work everything will be fine

Advice to Management

Just keep pushing motivating and doing great

One Chicago2019-02-14
    • "The staff is very helpfall"

I worked at One Chicago

Pros

No boss avery g00d Programe to be rich

Cons

Even tO get Base salary have to bring 7 sale to the table

One Chicago2019-01-11

January 29, 2019President

Hi Reviewer! Thanks for your feedback, although it is a little hard to follow. We wish you success in your future endeavors.

"Terrible Place To Work Beware"

I worked at One Chicago full-time

Pros

The People That Make Up The Team The So Called Leader's Are All In On It!!! It's Door To Door Sales And It's About To Get Cold Out Side So They Try To Brainwash You Into thinking your gonna make all this money so to me there aint not one pro there!

Cons

Cons! The Whole Company! I am Surprised that the better business bureau Aint Shut That Place Down! The Have You Soliciting And Tell You They Gonna Pay One Thing Then Pay you another!!! If You Have A College degree Or A Half A Brain You Can And Will See This Company Is A Whole Pondis Scam!!! Have You Work Hard Knocking On Doors And Trying Not To Pay You!!!! So Extreme Red Flag!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Get Permits! And Don't Lie To People Just To Get Them To Work For You Cause In The End A Human Being Ain't Gonna Work For Free....

One Chicago2018-11-19

January 29, 2019President

Hey Reviewer! Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. It sounds like you weren't able to get a good understanding of the position before you accepted. Please contact the office immediately so that we can resolve any pending issues.

"A very good culture and team, but some improvements needed"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at One Chicago full-time for less than a year

Pros

They are a marketing agency that employs door-to-door sales campaigns. When I was there for about 1 month, we were selling green energy to neighborhoods. I felt like the team including the CEO wanted you to improve as a sales person, and were always willing to help you if you stumbled across any issues. Everyone is very positive and makes the experience of work fun. You will definitely make quality friends here. You...

Cons

We had to work 6 days a week from 9AM-8PM if you can't make sales and are driven to make them no matter what. Door-to-door sales can be tiring from the walking—this is definitely good for you if you have a lot of pain syndromes. The pay eventually gets better as you make sales, and it is a pretty high margin for someone selling something that does not really require a direct payment from the potential customers.

Advice to Management

The culture and team is great! I could tell you guys had good intentions, but sometimes you don't want to hold onto the "thick-skin and hustle" culture. Sometimes training everyone to work smart allows them to work less to improve work-life balance. Besides training, you could also implement other strategies to decrease the amount of effort/time needed for you guys to increase profits AND improve work-life balance.

One Chicago2018-08-30

October 21, 2018President

Hey Reviewer! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us some feedback. Wishing you the best!

"Account Management"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at One Chicago full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pros of working at One Chicago are: the team environment is outstanding and always positive, they have a great open door policy here, and everyone is in a good mood.

Cons

The only con I have working with One Chicago is my commute to work.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is just keep up the great work and open door policy.

One Chicago2018-08-13

October 21, 2018President

Hey Reviewer! Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! We appreciate the feedback.

"Corporate Trainer"

I worked at One Chicago full-time

Pros

the team environment is always positive and everyone is in a good mood. The Team is always ready to help and Management is always there to support you.

Cons

Nothing. Keep up what you have been doing

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

One Chicago2018-08-13

October 21, 2018President

Hi Reviewer! Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate it!

"Entrepreneur Mindset"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at One Chicago full-time for less than a year

Pros

The team environment is awesome. I am one of those people that feeds off others motivation and excitement and you get nothing but the best here.

Cons

Have to maintain a positive attitude and great work ethic day in and day out. But, I would call that a con.

Advice to Management

Keep up the motivation. I love that you have a open door policy.

One Chicago2018-07-27

October 21, 2018President

Hey Reviewer! Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the team atmosphere we provide. Wishing you the best!

"Account Management"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Des Plaines, IL

I worked at One Chicago for less than a year

Pros

Good feed back. People want to help.

Cons

Base pay wasn't properly negotiated. Direct sales red flag = door to door sales. Questionable sales targets & tactics.

One Chicago2018-08-10

October 21, 2018President

Hi Reviewer, thanks for your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed the supportive atmosphere we provide for our team. We definitely encourage anyone to speak up if they are unhappy with their compensation package. We work with our clients to set reasonable goals and metrics, and we are ...

"Account Manager"

I have been working at One Chicago full-time

Pros

For about 8 months or so I've been working as a Account Manager and a proud employee of One Chicago Inc.!!! Our company has so much to offer to striving individuals who seek growth and development. We take on individuals with experience or little to no experience and provide those with the tools and skills they need to succeed and build not only a career but a better future for themselves.

Cons

No cons that I can think of. I'm still fairly new to the company and learning a lot.

One Chicago2018-05-17

October 21, 2018President

Hi Reviewer! We love to hear this kind of feedback. Thank you for taking the time to leave some information that will help others get to know us. Best wishes.

"Saleman"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at One Chicago full-time for less than a year

Pros

You have to sell to make money door to door

Cons

They make you think you can make all this money or they say it's hourly + commission

Advice to Management

Stop using b2b term an just any door to door

One Chicago2018-06-25

October 21, 2018President

Hi Reviewer! Thanks for your feedback-- can you check to make sure you've selected the correct company for your review? We don't mention the B2B term online or during our interview process, since that does not describe us or what we do.

Found 27 reviews